PDA

View Full Version : yfz, Renegade 800 or ds 450?

Soldier 425
12-29-2008, 07:58 AM
HI,
I am 15 years old and love atv's. I watch stuff on youtube about gncc racing all the time. This year i think im going to do some hairscambles with my 1996 scambler 400 2 stroke. But, i now if i really like the racin it wont last and will start breaking eventually because of wear and age. I have been doing toonnsss of research on the Renegade, Yfy 450 and the ds 450? I hear great thing about all of them and i was wondering what u guys are liking and problems u might have heard. Also if it helps i ride eveyday and put lots and lots of miles on it so i need help in the long run. I the type of riding i do is tial slow, i hunt, ride through the woods fast, wide open in coal pits and stuff and i live in pa so of course snow and hillclimbing. So thanks for reading and if you can help me diecied i would aperciate it.

jarrydj
12-30-2008, 11:37 AM
My buddy has a Renegade 800. He came from Wyoming where he road everything on it. The Renegade will not be as agile as the yfz or ds but you can still get bad *** aftermarket suspension for the Renegade. The power is insane and very manageable. He came from riding a 400ex and loves the Renegade. I would not want to race the 800 but everything else you said you like to do, it would be awesome. If you can afford it, go with the Renegade 800. just my .02

yfzrider310
12-30-2008, 02:02 PM
I saw a 15 year old at one of the xc races I go to. He was going through the whoops and pushed the throttle a little too much and went the him right into the woods. He got sent to the hospital. If you can handle the renagade go for it there awesome machines. If you could afford a 2009 ds 450x xc that would be the quad to go with. There set up so you wouldn't need anything. The yfz is good but will take a little money to get going. I would reccomend the ds450. Thats my unbiased opinion.

yamahaman623
12-30-2008, 06:21 PM
i would go with the ds or the yfz. im not a big fan of 4x4 even though my family has 2. i have a yfz and i love it for trail riding. ive seen the ds run against a yfz and it did really well but i don't know what was done to the bikes. just find one that is comfortable and fits your riding style

nicker71
12-30-2008, 07:00 PM
The ds450 wont hold up. Motor put out good power but dont last. Neither do the frames. Go with YFZ or 450R, even a 400ex or Z400 would be fine racing XC.

griffin32
01-05-2009, 08:40 AM
the ds is very nice and very fast if its taken care of there will be no problems for a while