PDA

View Full Version : ds 450, Renegade 800x or yfz?

Soldier 425
12-29-2008, 07:56 AM
HI,
I am 15 years old and love atv's. I watch stuff on youtube about gncc racing all the time. This year i think im going to do some hairscambles with my 1996 scambler 400 2 stroke. But, i now if i really like the racin it wont last and will start breaking eventually because of wear and age. I have been doing toonnsss of research on the Renegade, Yfy 450 and the ds 450? I hear great thing about all of them and i was wondering what u guys are liking and problems u might have heard. Also if it helps i ride eveyday and put lots and lots of miles on it so i need help in the long run. I the type of riding i do is tial slow, i hunt, ride through the woods fast, wide open in coal pits and stuff and i live in pa so of course snow and hillclimbing. So thanks for reading and if you can help me diecied i would aperciate it.

mike_1985
12-29-2008, 10:57 AM
If you go hunting I would go for the Renegade , Its a beast thou and you need to be able to handle the thing .

joeyds450x
12-29-2008, 01:04 PM
OUTLANDER 800

WesDS450X
12-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Its dapends, do you want a clutch or an auto? id go ds450 if u want a clutch renegade800r x if u want an auto

fastford
01-01-2009, 01:56 AM
I got a Renegade and a DS450. I love the DS for the wheelies on command in 5th gear and the air time you can get with it. BUT I always find myself swapping rides with my wife to play with the Renegade. Unless your planning to hit some big air and do some track riding go with the Renegade. Its almost as fast as the DS but it is 747 pounds on the trail where the DS is 367. The DS will climb faster then the Renegade but the Gade will climb higher. It may seem a bit boring driving an automatic quad and it may SEEM slow but when you get out with the sport guys they will be amazed. I love it when we go riding in the dunes and the wife hands out some spanking to some of the sport guys. :)

All in all take a look at what type of riding you really do. From what I see the Gade is the match.