PDA

View Full Version : reply to 440 stroker cam question

odog
12-28-2008, 11:14 PM
im also doing a stroker build but it will be a 460 i know what u mean about the cost being not much difference for the stroker crank thats why i switched i figured if i was going to pay that much for a stock or heavy duty crank i might as well add about 75 more bucks and get the stroker for the past few months ive being talking to people that has stroker engines and the recomend stage 2 or 3 cams manily stage 3 they say that crank will add so much more torque a stage 1 cam will be useless the guys told me the could pull wheelies in every gear and that is with a 16tooth front sprocket i myself will be running a stage 3 i would suggest that for u also because that will give u the most top end witch i know u said u just want torque put its cheaper to buy sprockets than cams so go with a stage 3 if it isnt enough torque just go down a tooth on your front sprocket or go up 2 teeth on your back sprocket

Wheelie
12-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Punctuation please. I tried to read what you wrote and it gave me a headache.

mac_ando
12-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Go with the stroker odog......... u wont be sorry..............Stage 3 cam, And if you can swing it do some good port work. have them take out all that they can.

odog
12-29-2008, 08:38 PM
oh mac ando i already have the stage 3 cam and the stroker. i didnt mean to start a new thread i meant to post it under the 440 stroker cam.