PDA

View Full Version : 1st look...here's pics!! ESR New 310 kit!

1promodfan
12-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Here it is, I know a lot of people have been waiting. I got mine this week and thought I'd post up some pics. I have to say that I was very satisfied with ESR's customer service. Eddie and everyone there treated me very well, and answered all of my questions.....(and believe me I asked a lot)!!! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer.
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/1promodfan/ESR310Christmas012.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/1promodfan/ESR310Christmas013.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/1promodfan/ESR310Christmas014.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/1promodfan/ESR310Christmas016.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/1promodfan/ESR310Christmas017.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/1promodfan/ESR310Christmas019.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/1promodfan/ESR310Christmas020.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/1promodfan/ESR310Christmas023.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/1promodfan/ESR310Christmas021.jpg

trx250rider
12-28-2008, 05:48 PM
nice...i ordered mine last week..i should get it this week..let me know how that runs because im in the middle of a rebuild and wont get to ride it until spring probably..

heelclickinonaR
12-28-2008, 07:54 PM
What all did it include? Looks good!!!!

trx250rider
12-28-2008, 08:06 PM
cylinder,head,and gaskets...1promodfan what type porting did you get.

1promodfan
12-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by trx250rider
cylinder,head,and gaskets...1promodfan what type porting did you get.

I got the TRX-9 porting. Thats what Eddie recommended for my riding style. He said it was an "all around" port job with good bottom, great mid and still pull hard on the top-end. It came with the cylinder,head, gaskets, piston,rings,cir-clips and wrist pin..... everything needed for the top-end. All for $600, I think it was a great deal, and Eddie said its an USA made cylinder.

trx250rider
12-28-2008, 09:10 PM
i went with the trx 7.i mostly trail ride.

brandonpeake
12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
I have a 31 ESR powervalve i bought already built for a friend he did like the 2 stroke, I cant find a pipe i like for it i got an LRD adj, an FMF fatty and neither satisfy me I was going to try the paul turner but how was the 7 pipe I might need to try it?

1promodfan
12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
I have a 31 ESR powervalve i bought already built for a friend he did like the 2 stroke, I cant find a pipe i like for it i got an LRD adj, an FMF fatty and neither satisfy me I was going to try the paul turner but how was the 7 pipe I might need to try it?

Brandon, I tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.

norcalduner
12-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey, what did ESR say was the difference between these compared to the Pro-X ? Just curious why are they offering to sell these cheaper ? And are they gonna discontinue stocking and selling Pro-x made cylinders :confused:

C-LEIGH RACING
12-29-2008, 10:58 AM
I can see some of the casting differences between that new cylinder & the Pro-x brand.
Has the intake area like the old 85/86 TRX250R cylinders.

Post a pic of the piston kit please, if it is different.
Neil

1promodfan
12-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
I can see some of the casting differences between that new cylinder & the Pro-x brand.
Has the intake area like the old 85/86 TRX250R cylinders.

Post a pic of the piston kit please, if it is different.
Neil

Hey Neil, the piston is a Wiseco 72.mm, but if you want a pic thats no problem. You stated the intake area is like the old 85/86....is that a good thing? I tried to get by there and see ya last week, but I got tied up. Also, I thought of getting you do some more porting on this thing, whatcha think???

The price they have is the intro. price. Eddie said they will be going up, he didn't say how much though.

trx250rider
12-29-2008, 11:31 AM
he told me it will go up about $150 in mid january so i went ahead and ordered mine.

machwon
12-29-2008, 01:25 PM
I do like the ex. bridge removed, that will help the power. Hopefully they addressed some of the other issues with the prox cylinder. Otherwise $600 for that cylinder kit is a great deal.

trx250rider
12-29-2008, 01:30 PM
what were the other problems?

mcboomport
12-29-2008, 03:31 PM
I called them a few weeks ago and they were very helpful on the phone as well.

I didn't get into to many specifics, but they said the sleeves were a harder metal than the pro-x. He kept stressing that the metal allows a lot more run time in between bores. They also said the pistons were being made specifically for them (which were also supposed to be harder metal i believe they said). They were supposedly sick of being out of stock of the pro-x cylinders.

They also said the water jackets were larger.

jas250r
12-29-2008, 07:06 PM
my ct 350 pv cylinder doesn't have an exhaust bridge? and the intake looks like the 86 style also?

C-LEIGH RACING
12-30-2008, 07:00 AM
After looking at those pic closer, I can see a cast in boss over the top of the exhaust port on the outside & suspect that to be where the pv valve suppose to mount, but not machined in to the casting yet, at least not on that one.
That would be the reason it has the oval exhaust port, which is good if you later wanted have it machined into a pv cylinder.

By the cylinder being like that, pv unmachined & oval port, kinda leads me to beleave they only have one cylinder casting right now. Might could be later on, they will have a bridged exhaust port cylinder, but the oval exhaust will work fine for most any engine build.

I can tell you this, if that new castings not changed much over top of the exhaust port down inside the water jacket compaired to the Pro-x cylinders, if they havnt made that area thinner, will make a good drag cylinder & some high port degree timming numbers.

Jason,
That Wiseco piston machined different on the sides around the wrist pin hole ???.
Neil

Michael88R
12-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Jay from ESR told me that there is only one casting. They just machine for the PV or they don't.

1promodfan
01-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by jas250r
my ct 350 pv cylinder doesn't have an exhaust bridge? and the intake looks like the 86 style also?

I guess the intake being like the '86 is good? And the exhaust bridge being gone should give it more flow........right?

derby
01-04-2009, 10:23 PM
I am a little disappointed in the choice of intake, that is where I always noticed the most wear on my pistons(especially in stroker motors) I was hoping for a bridged intake similar to the puma or sphinx. I know the sleeves are made by northwest sleeve and are supposed to be a longer lasting materia. The pistons in these cylinders are a little lighter and have a different intake window cut. The pistons are interchangable with pro-x setups. I wonder if the increased water jacket size will limit how high you can cut the exhaust. But since this is a pv compatible cylinder there may not be any problems with cutting a 200+ exhaust duration for the crazy drag racers out there. Looks like esr took the pro-x and copied the casting while making a few changes. I think the reason they are so much cheaper also is because all the castings are done as a trx 9 port. So it will limit the time and work put into the porting. Maybe even make the porting more consistant who knows.

jas250r
01-06-2009, 05:09 PM
what brand is the piston? the ct 350 pv kit i just got came with a wissoner piston made in germany, and it is moly coated on the skirts? do all of the pro-x cylinders have exhaust bridges? or only the pv cylinders don't have them?

1promodfan
01-06-2009, 05:49 PM
The piston is a Wiseco.

C-LEIGH RACING
01-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by jas250r
what brand is the piston? the ct 350 pv kit i just got came with a wissoner piston made in germany, and it is moly coated on the skirts? do all of the pro-x cylinders have exhaust bridges? or only the pv cylinders don't have them?

Pro-x cylinder kits, from CT or LA Sleeve, will have the Wossnor piston if their stock of Wisecos are out. Once the Wisecos are used up, will only be Wossnor sold.

The Pro-x cylinders, only the PV cylinders have the oval port with no bridge.
Neil

jas250r
01-07-2009, 04:33 PM
that makes sense on the pv exhaust port. how are the wossner piston? looks pretty good to me?

xlr810
01-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Have any of you guys run the ESR cylinder yet?

What are your impressions?

What other mods have you done to complement the cyl?

250rdrag
01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
i was just wondering how you liked the performance of your new esr cylinder. i got mine 2 weeks ago and it didnt seem right. i thought the head was not sealing right and after trying to get it right, i called esr. they were helpful and asked for it back to check it out. i havent learned anything yet but i am wondering if it performs well for you

1promodfan
01-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by 250rdrag
i was just wondering how you liked the performance of your new esr cylinder. i got mine 2 weeks ago and it didnt seem right. i thought the head was not sealing right and after trying to get it right, i called esr. they were helpful and asked for it back to check it out. i havent learned anything yet but i am wondering if it performs well for you

I haven't even got it bolted up yet. I hope everything bolts up without any problems. Let me know what they tell you about yours. Did you even get a chance to run it?

xlr810
01-12-2009, 06:41 PM

Which one did you get? 310? PV?

250rdrag
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM
i am supposed to find out today. eddie decided to bolt it on one of his quads because it passed a pressurized coolant test. we figured it would be best to know for sure if the cylinder was ok to run. i will let you know when i get it back

1promodfan
01-23-2009, 04:52 AM
i am supposed to find out today. eddie decided to bolt it on one of his quads because it passed a pressurized coolant test. we figured it would be best to know for sure if the cylinder was ok to run. i will let you know when i get it back

Hey 250rdrag, just wondering if you had heard anything yet?? Also, I just got in my new ESR pipe today, man I can't wait to get it installed on my bike!!!!

C-LEIGH RACING
01-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Settle down Jared :eek: pipe looks good right, now you need to get a napkin cause you got droul running out the corner of your mouth :D :D :D .
Neil

1promodfan
01-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Settle down Jared :eek: pipe looks good right, now you need to get a napkin cause you got droul running out the corner of your mouth :D :D :D .
Neil

^^^^Your exactly right!!!:D I don't think a napkin will work, I might need a towel! Ha, my wife told me to calm down. I told her I couldn't help it, I'm ready to do some riding...(although I still got over 2 1/2 months until I can)....is it spring yet???

C-LEIGH RACING
01-23-2009, 10:41 AM
:D :D :D :p Yep, you Phils brother, thats for sure.
Neil