PDA

View Full Version : 09 Mxr lt 50

redonkulousruntsracing
12-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know if the 09 Mxr Lt 50 will be ATVA legal this year? I would love to buy one for my son, but if I cant run it at Nationals races, it wont do me much good.

redonkulousruntsracing
12-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Should I take it from the lack of replies, that the apex wont be allowed to race the ATVA 50 class this year?

marsrace2
12-30-2008, 08:59 AM
I would guess it means that no one knows.

travis rimmer
12-30-2008, 03:38 PM
from what ive been reading the 09 rules wont be told till after the first of the year but under current rules no

hotquads1
12-31-2008, 12:15 PM
currently the Apex 50 is not legal for stock limited class in ATVA, something could change in the future but it will have to meet all approval before 3-15-09 or it will be another year befor they can try again.
marc

redonkulousruntsracing
12-31-2008, 12:18 PM
thanks for the input. I will just have to try and keep a watch on the ATVA web site for changes or rulings. Is there a way I can contact ATVA to ask? I would love to buy an Apex for my son but he cant race it I guess I will have to go with a DRR.

hotquads1
12-31-2008, 12:22 PM
you can go to ATVA website and contact Doug M for any rule clarifications. I dont think Apex will try very hard to make the 50 legal for this class , the Apex 50 is heavier and larger than the DRR and most kids 6-under do not fit it very well , so they will have a hard time competing with the DRR 50 in this class . IMO
marc

nordic quad
01-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Well please correckt me if i am wrong here but i do think Apex has a 50 now without the long travel for the ATVA events,no use for long travel if you can only have 4 inches of travel.:D

Link
http://www.apexatv.com/2009%20Apex%20Site%20by%20488/Models%20-%20specifications.htm
Click on mxr 50

XXX -rider
01-01-2009, 05:38 PM
:cool: :blah: hmm,..

This quad was specially designed for the Limited Class at the ATVA National

Bolinracing
01-02-2009, 07:53 PM
The rules in the limited class clearly say 4" max travel. This quad has like 9". I would say no. I want to get my son one as well but this one rule has me looking at other quads.

Nichols Atvs
01-02-2009, 08:02 PM
If you look on the Apex web site it seems they are coming out with a regular travel 50 just for atva TAKE A PEAK.

nordic quad
01-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Yupp i guess thats why they havent posted the specs yet,just looks like they wanted all the rules out first,they couldent sell it as atva legal if it isnt ?

redonkulousruntsracing
01-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Just got off the phone with Scott at Apex and the 50MXR for ATVA Limited class has the '07 suspension on it for the 41" width and the 4" travel limits. Here are all the other supplemental changes for '09. I think that this Apex will be legal this year. I also called ATVA and asked if this new model will be legal, and I got a shakey yes, they told me they were going to get clarification, but they think it's going to meet the requirements. I will have a definite answer soon.

2009 AMA ATV Motocross Championship Supplemental Rules
The Supplemental Rules for the 2009 AMA ATV Motocross Championship are in addition to the rules set forth in the current AMA Rulebook, which governs amateur ATV racing. Current AMA and ATVA members in good standing may compete.

6. 50cc Limited: Production models. The following may be changed: shocks (limited to a maximum 4" suspension travel), tires, wheels (must not change stock width) internal portions of the motor, spark arrestor may be removed (must still meet 99db), sprockets, gearing, clutch, twist throttle, handlebars, grips, handle bar pads, front bumper, rear grab bar, air filter and jetting. Air box lid may be removed or modified. Fenders may be trimmed, manufacturer installed parental speed limiting devices may be removed. Nerf bars or suitable floorboards and working tether cords are required. No other modifications are allowed INCLUDING carburetors, oil injection, air box, gas tank, exhaust systems, wheel base, width, rear axle, A-arm, steering dampener, and suspension (with the exception of shocks). However, if a violation is deemed by the referee to be cosmetic in nature, with no performance advantage or willful misconduct involved, he may issue a warning or fine in lieu of disqualification.

Bolinracing
01-20-2009, 09:58 PM
As of 1-19-09 they revised the shock rule. It now says 4" of shock travel. Ok, the LT50 says 9" of travel, but that is wheel travel. Does anyone know how much shock travel it is? Probably around 4"?

11slash
01-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Check out apex website.

www.apexatv.com

They added a Pro MXR 50 designed just for the ATVA 50 Limited Class.

I think it's just a standard Apex, not long travel.

hotquads1
02-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by sickairseth
Does anyone know if the 09 Mxr Lt 50 will be ATVA legal this year? I would love to buy one for my son, but if I cant run it at Nationals races, it wont do me much good.
Just thought you guys might want an update so you will not be suprised if this doesn't happen. As of last week the Apex 50 is still not legal according to the ATVA, here is the email update I got last week from the ATVA Director.

Marc,

We have not received their paperwork yet, no they are not approved yet, they have until March 15

Doug Morris
Director, ATVA
13515 Yarmouth Dr.
Pickerington, OH 43147
866-288-2564 ext. 1337
f 614-499-0098
www.ATVAonline.com

Are you an ATVA member? If not sign up today!

marsrace2
02-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Apex MXR 50

This quad was specially designed for the Limited Class at the ATVA National Races.

hotquads1
02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
yes it was designed for the class , but according to the ATVA has "not" been approved. Before the ATVA can approve a new unit for production classes , they have to verify that there are at least 100 identical units built , shipped and sitting in the U.S., ready for sale to all regions of the U.S. (homogilization), the VIN#'s have to be turned to the ATVA and so on. These requirements are to legitimize the mass production cryteria. In other words , just because something meets the rules does not mean the ATVA has approved its production status. It may get approved but the deadline is 15 days away(if not approved by march 15 then they have to wait until next year) . so beware.
marc

bulldogfallon
03-13-2009, 08:37 AM
The Apex 50 will be legal as on Monday......

Looks like it will raise the bar in the 50cc class again

redonkulousruntsracing
03-13-2009, 08:44 AM
ordered mine this morning.:D