PDA

View Full Version : Trx 300ex cutting out

mtnmulisha340
12-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi i was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. i have a 96 trx 300 ex, bored to a 340. for some reason when i hit half throttle the quad instantly bogs low, also a rough start follows.

knowing small engines i tore of the tank and carb and cleaned both and restored all the gaskets and parts inside the carb. after that i tried starting again, rough start, runs fine and about 10 min into a ride the problem arises again. I checked for spark and i'm getting no spark sometimes then it sparks. I turn the kill switch from off-on-off back and forth. both off's receive strong spark and on throws a weak one. But the quad will not start in the off positions. has anyone been through this phantom problem? I have reworked the carb about 3 times now, changed plugs, wire and i believe it would be called the coil. could it be computer controls? any information would be much grateful. I love this quad, its fast and other than the cutting out, runs perfect.

~~1996 trx 300 ex: 340 cc, power four fmf, maier plastics, ams grip seat, renthals, K&N, larger cam~~

thyman17
12-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Well this problem is something that happens with the 300s. Ive been told that it is something to do with the wiring system or computer controls. Check the nuetral and reverse switch to see if there mabey not getting grounded. Which would cause no spark or intermintent spark and cutting out. Try that first. I have my two wires directly grounded to the frame. And it works great and i can go full throttle in reverse. Im thinking its somthing to do with that. Hope this helps

mtnmulisha340
01-11-2009, 11:14 PM
thanks alot ill check that out..

if it were computer controls, what part might that be.