PDA

View Full Version : Torque spring

mecheech
12-28-2008, 12:22 AM
I let the boy go for a ride in the snow the other night and about 20 mins into the ride his quad wouldn't move. I also had noticed last race it seemed to be bogging a little going up bigger hills.

So I checked the plug and it looked just a little rich. Raised the needle clip one slot and started the quad. It runs fine when it is on the jack stand and revs out nicely, but as soon as you put weight on it it will not move and bogs out.

It is a W/C 50 with port and polish from neveready, Keihin 20 with 108 main 25 pilot and 2nd clip from the top. Has a Hit clutch and 4.5 rollers and ZTR 1000 torque spring. It had been running fine the last couple races and other then cleaning the filter I had not changed anything until the needle change.

I am going to try to get to it tomorrow and kinda feel it might be the torque spring.

Just wonder if I should be checking something else and how do I know if mine went bad? Could I throw back in the stock one an try it out.

Any ideas or advice much appreciated and Thanxs.

jetmedic
12-28-2008, 04:19 AM
On a 50 all that aftermarket clutch nonsense is a waste of money and time. put the stock stuff back in.

neveready
12-28-2008, 08:52 AM
That pilot is WAAAYYY too lean should be about a 45-48, I ran that cylinder with a pe20, 120main,52pilot,needle 1 clip from top, it was a real screamer.

Get rid of the hit clutch....put the stock clutch back in, go a new ZTR 1000, 3.5,3.7maybe a 4g roller.

Just call or PM me if you need more info.

mecheech
12-28-2008, 11:52 AM
OOPS I meant a 48 for the pilot, was a late night post after a family party and memory was a little hazy.

I probably will go back to the stock setup on the clutch. And get a new spring.

The DRR is gonna end up being our woods, trail, XC mud bike so I will be looking for more reliability and waterproofing than anything else.

Thanxs for the help, looks like I better get off this thing and get out there and turn a wrench after I kick the older boy out of my garage (he is installing a lift kit and tires on his truck) Quads take priority!

mecheech
12-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Also wanted to add the cylinder has met and exceeded my expectations great work and great product and plenty of communications and help offered. Neveready is a great source and I think I got a good deal $ wise too.

I just wish I would have listened to him and those that know and what I read on here with the clutch setup.

Anyone want to trade a Dr Hit Clutch and Koso pipe for a Snyder pipe:D

bulldogfallon
12-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Probably a tired torque spring..

Hit clutch can be a bit much for a 50.