PDA

View Full Version : light or no light?

S.A.J
12-27-2008, 06:49 PM
im rebuilding my 450r its all in pieces(including the motor)almost everythng geting custom painted etc. and now im debating on wether to keep the light or ditch it.im going for a clean shaved custom type of look.how much of the wiring would i be able to ditch if i get rid of it? i need opinions and advice on wether its smart or not...

jkiserracing
12-28-2008, 08:37 AM
I think the way that the light is placed in front under the hood is a clean look (to me) but I would just decide what is practical for you.....such as.....are you going to be doing mostly (or all) mx (or tt for that matter)..then I would definately go with no light, a diffrent hood, and less mess on the handlebars.....(which is what I like) but if you think you are going to do more trail leisure or cross country style riding...then I think I would keep the light....thats my opinion at least...hope that helps
Jimmy

atvnut22
12-28-2008, 11:52 AM
i took mine off when i got my hood, then i realized how much i used them, so i got trail tech lights on their way to my house right now, that way i can keep my hood.

S.A.J
12-28-2008, 10:34 PM
thanks for the replys and i think i may just go ahead and keep em although i would like that whole cluster off my bars but i may need em later...is thr any way to mayb mount toogle switches or sumthin like that to avoid havn that big ole piece of useless plastic on my bars?(it realy dont flow with the kind of paint im geting done and stuff)