PDA

View Full Version : want to buy a nice camera what kind should i get?

meankfx
12-27-2008, 05:02 PM
i want to spend about 500 dollars. I want one that takes really nice pictures. Any one have any suggestions?

Yippie-Ki-Yay
12-28-2008, 01:13 PM
When i was shopping for a camera i found the olympus stylus series, they are waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, dustproof, ect...This is perfect for an atv rider, put it in the toolbox of the quad, and dont worrie about it, then you can take pictures whenever you want while riding. The most expensive one is $350, and is a 10.1 megapixel camera.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1363

May not be the BEST camera, but probably the best for an atv rider.

meankfx
12-28-2008, 02:03 PM
do u have any example pics. I been looking at the nikon d80 anyone have one of these?

Pappy
12-28-2008, 03:30 PM
The D80 is a great camera. Not sure when the Nikon rebates stop or start at this time of year but it would make a great camera for someone wanting full control or have the functions to allow the camera help you out

meankfx
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
what kind of camera do u use pappy?

Pappy
12-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Nikon D300

XCAdam89
12-28-2008, 10:46 PM
We just got a deal on a D60 with 2 lens for $700 at costco. Granted the lens aren't anything super fancy, they work great for pretty much everything we'll need them too for a while. We'll probably upgrade it in the future as well.

quad2xtreme
12-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
The D80 is a great camera. Not sure when the Nikon rebates stop or start at this time of year but it would make a great camera for someone wanting full control or have the functions to allow the camera help you out

I got the D80 on Pappy's recommendation last year. It is a great camera. I use the auto setting to offer basic settings and then I tweak using the aperture and speed modes. I'm not even close to using straight manual mode yet. I just got the SB-900 flash for it. For some reason buydig.com stopped carrying the SB-800...I assume the 900 does everything the 800 did plus some. I really haven't messed with it much yet. My wife also got me the Sony HDR-SR12 camcorder. I've been busy playing with HD video. Working with AVCHD format is going to be interesting. Luckily I already had a blu-ray player or I would be screwed. I already realize a new computer would be nice...of course the carpet wouldn't match the new computer so I would need that...and then new curtains. Hmmm...now I see why Connie bought be the camcorder. She is a tricky one. :devil: