PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up a PS2 in my truck...couple ?'s

300ex_#387
12-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I am putting a PS2 in my truck and need to know what to do with the power cord for the PS2. Is there some sort of adapter I can get for a ciggarette lghter, or what else can I do? Also would it be too much for my stock battery? I'm not running anything else besides my CD player.

elmer91
12-27-2008, 03:53 PM
you can buy a power converter. they plug into your cigarette lighter and can have a regular cord plugged into it. i do not know the cost of it though.

rollie
12-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Your HD should have another spot under the hood for a 2nd battery, i have 2 in mine.

If you have subs i would say all of it would be alot but what do i know :p electricty is not my thing

300ex_#387
12-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm not running subs right now....Just my DVD/cd player. I'll run to wal mart tonight and try and find a power converter.

300ex_#387
12-27-2008, 10:05 PM
I found one at Wal-Mart and got it hooked up. Works pretty good I just need to undo a wire on the back of the CD player. It only works with the parking brake on as a safety feature, but if my friends want to play while im driving I am going to undo the wire so it will work.

Wills77
12-27-2008, 10:15 PM
i have an alpine cd/dvd player with a 7" screen in my truck... i had to order a part, i think its called tr-7 and wire that up to it to get it to play dvd's while im driving. i also wired up a little hiden toggle switch that when i flip it the screen says something like picture is off for your safety

300ex_#387
12-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah I did a little searching around and found out there is a little more to it than just cutting a wire. I found a bypass code on a forum site and tried it and it works without the parking brake now.

What is the purpose of your toggle? Incase you get pulled over and a cop wants to make sure you weren't watching anything while you were driving?

Wills77
12-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Yeah I did a little searching around and found out there is a little more to it than just cutting a wire. I found a bypass code on a forum site and tried it and it works without the parking brake now.

What is the purpose of your toggle? Incase you get pulled over and a cop wants to make sure you weren't watching anything while you were driving?

yea...incase i have a movie on and dont wanna look suspicious changing it...i can just flip the toggle and show that it wont play dvd's while driving

hardkoratvmxr
12-29-2008, 10:12 PM
dont run a ps2 off of one of those power inverters that plug into your cigarette lighter. i had my xbox hooked up like that and it gets very hot and is potentially dangerous. just go get a 500 watt power inverter and place it under one of the seats and wire it up that way you know you will be safe

Sjorge450R
12-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
dont run a ps2 off of one of those power inverters that plug into your cigarette lighter. i had my xbox hooked up like that and it gets very hot and is potentially dangerous. just go get a 500 watt power inverter and place it under one of the seats and wire it up that way you know you will be safe

well one thing is for sure, you never can talk about xbox without the word 'hot' or 'heat' in the same sentence....not saying it was the xbox, its just that i know so many people that play game cube and ps 2 on power inverters and the inverter itself never gets hot.

300ex_#387
12-30-2008, 12:45 PM
So far I haven't had any problems. I might end up going ahead and putting an extra battery in like rollie said once I get my subs in there.

quad9
12-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
well one thing is for sure, you never can talk about xbox without the word 'hot' or 'heat' in the same sentence....not saying it was the xbox, its just that i know so many people that play game cube and ps 2 on power inverters and the inverter itself never gets hot.

My kid had 1 going all the way to FL with no issues on a cig adapter.

flyboy62
12-30-2008, 03:39 PM
my friends brother has a ps2 in his truck .its really cool