PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Trx250ex ???

howlnhusky
12-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Looking for some input and feedback about the 250ex because I'm thinking about buying a left over 2007 as my first quad.

I have only driven 4x4 utility that are auto/semi auto and want to learn clutch but I don't think I should be on something like a 400 learning clutch and the 300 is above my budget still.
I only get out maybe 1-2 times a month and when I do it will probably be with my daughter who is 6 and she will be on her 50cc Polaris Predator so I'm not looking to go real fast when I'm with her. I get up to Towanda, PA about once a month or every other month to ride at my brothers place.

Seems like there is alot of good mods that I can do to bring up the speed over time after I get comfortable learning and when I have the money again!

I have not had a chance to drive one both times at different dealers I only had time to sit on them and see if I felt comfortable on them and I did (I'm 5'10"-190lbs)

I really would appreciate some information...Thanks!!

hondariderdylan
12-27-2008, 04:18 PM
the 250ex is a great first quad
i have a black one
as for learning a clutch, in my opinon there is no better quad you can buy

the only thing that may let you down is that after a year or two of getting used to it its probably not going to be fast enough for you

but if you still have it in 3-5 years you could let your daughter inherit it after you jave moved up into 400 or 450 territory

great quad
rock solid
bulletproof
fun

howlnhusky
12-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the reply!

I can see where in a few years be a little less exciting but I do have a daughter who is turning 7 and her cousin who just turn 7 so it could very well stay in the family.
My two nephews think I should go with something bigger like a 300-350 but then its getting out of my budget unless I can find a used one.

Thanks again, hope to hear more input.

Dan

hondariderdylan
12-28-2008, 10:19 AM
no problem