PDA

View Full Version : Derics 2008 Season End Pic's

dericsdad
12-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Here is my 10 year old Deric McConnell with his polaris Predator 90 and his 2008 season Trophy's. he won the 2008 Polaris IRACE Mini Mod Atv Championship here in Wisconsin. We also Ran a couple other local series races, and 3 races in last winters Polaris Quad indoor winter series at the new Sandbox Arena here in WI.

Special thanks to all of those that helped us in 2008, including
Elka Suspension, Amsoil, O'Neal, Art's Snowmobile & ATV, Maximum RPM, Hot Quads, ROX, and everyone on here who has given me advice!

We plan to run the last 2 races of the winter indoor Sandbox Arena series, the entire 2009 IRACE series, and hope to make it to at least one ATVA National next summer.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7ox3t.jpg

dericsdad
12-26-2008, 11:38 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2d0yrr.jpg

QuadJunkies
12-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Sweet quad and Congrats!:cool:

12-27-2008, 06:31 AM
I love to see an older quad smoke the new ones as the old ones are not worthy LOL look at this it is very worthy. KEEP SMOKING THE NEW QUADS DERIC LOL!!!! NICE JOB BUUDY, TOBY

Nick's #1 Fan
12-30-2008, 08:06 PM
That is one sick looking predator!

Congrats Deric!

You should be very proud of your accomplishments!:D :D :D :D

dericsdad
12-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Deric says "Thanks guys, I'm never selling my Predator!" So I guess we will just keep trying to make it better.

We went and practiced last weekend at the Sandbox Indoor Arena, but soon we need to take it all back apart to get ready for next year.

We need to replace the frame, after 3 years of racing it is cracking in places they normally don't.

If anyone has a good Preddy frame let us know!!

Dan

12-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by dericsdad
Deric says "Thanks guys, I'm never selling my Predator!" So I guess we will just keep trying to make it better.

We went and practiced last weekend at the Sandbox Indoor Arena, but soon we need to take it all back apart to get ready for next year.

We need to replace the frame, after 3 years of racing it is cracking in places they normally don't.

If anyone has a good Preddy frame let us know!!

Dan

Dan are you sure are polaris frame wont work? Let me know what measurements you need I will let you know soon as you let me know I would love to see Deric smoke his compitetion this new season LOL. Thanks Dan Toby:devil: :devil:

Nick's #1 Fan
12-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Dan,
You might try Brad Loomis. His boys ran a couple of them a few years back he might have some info on where to get one.

Hope it helps!

Good luck next year!

12-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Polaris Frame

dericsdad
12-31-2008, 03:39 PM
If you look at the pic's of Deric's quad, what I need to know is the distance from the lower a-arm mounting hole on the frame, up to the upper shock mount. See how the silver/aluminum brackets we added on to mount the upper a-arms to are attached? On our frame I had to remove some material from the upper shock mounts so the new brackets would clear. Then I had to make four little brackets to tie it all together.

the older polaris frames and others have single upper shock mount locations. So if the distance from the upper shock mount is correct, perhaps these brackets will bolt right up with no fabricating to the frame.

The brackets measure 9.5 inches center of lower a-arm mount hole to center of upper shock mount hole.

Thanks Toby, Let me know what yours measures.

Dan

12-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey Dan I went and measured the holes it looks to be right at 9 1/2 inches center of hole to center of hole. Thats from top of shock mount to a arms mount I hope this help if you need a pic I can take one to let you see for your self let me know. Toby

dericsdad
12-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Cool, sounds like it could work!

If you get a chance, take a picture from the front showing the tape measure lined up with the holes so i can see!

No Hurry, just when you get time.

Thanks!

Dan

01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
9 1/2

dericsdad
01-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks Toby, that part looks correct.

Hate to be so much trouble, but can you tell me the distance center to center straight acrossed between the top shock mount holes? *It needs to be 10".

And the distance center to center acrossed the lower a-arm mounting holes. *It needs to be 2 1/4".

And the width of the frame, measured from the outside edge of one front down tube, acrossed to the outside edge of the tube on the other side. *It should be 6 1/2".

The distance between the inside edge of one of the very front lower a-arm flanges back to the inside edge of the same side rear lower a-arm flanges. *needs to be 7 3/8".

And last, the distance from the very front mounting flange for the lower a-arms back to the center of the swing arm mount hole.
*Needs to be 30".

P.S. Maybe it will be easier to call me! I'll PM you my cell phone#