PDA

View Full Version : Four Stroke Tech oil cooler

Pipeless416
12-26-2008, 03:45 PM
hey everybody. as some of you know i picked up an FST oil cooler a couple weeks ago, so i finally got it all dialed in along with everything else (new crf timing chain, sparks key, and starter clutch.) seems to work great so far. i was using a clear vinyl hose to connect the cooler to the head and that thing really cools the oil down! you could feel a huge difference just by touching the line from the inlet line, to the outlet. heres some installed pics. i won't know how it really works until sunday when we'll be in little sahara! :D

Pipeless416
12-26-2008, 03:46 PM
sorry for the dirty quad :p this shows the top connection. this is where the cool oil is fed.

Pipeless416
12-26-2008, 03:48 PM
this kinda shows where i had to tap into the clutch cover. its right behind the cable holder. this is where the hot oil is taken from. the install for this is not something for inexperienced people. its quite involved and theres a number of things that could go wrong with it. however, if you're comfortable drilling into your engine and blocking off oil passages, i'd definitely recommend it so far.

tyman2395
12-26-2008, 04:02 PM
nice job pipeless :D

Pipeless416
12-26-2008, 04:12 PM
thanks! all these things were actually quite a bit of work since i did them all at the same time... everything always goes wrong at once lol.

tyman2395
12-26-2008, 04:31 PM
lol i know what you mean i will be putting my bike back together real soon as i got most of the parts. wish me luck lol