PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Help.

ZeroLogic
12-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Well I was playing Cod5 online on my 360 and all the sudden the screen got these black dotted lines acrossed it. I thought it was a bad connection to the server so I joined another game. Same crapped happened. Turned it off then turned it back on and got the red ring crapola. Left it alone for few minutes, turned it fine and played for about five minutes. Got the same crap! I then turned it off for almost a hour, turn it on. All was good til about ten minutes into the game then the black dotten lines happened again. Anyone have this problem? Any help would be great.

Gray33
12-26-2008, 03:27 PM
most likely the game itself not the live mine live has been running good for the past 42 hours ha

12-26-2008, 03:36 PM
banned you for illegal gayness? :confused: IDK?

ZeroLogic
12-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
most likely the game itself not the live mine live has been running good for the past 42 hours ha

Nah everything else runs fine with the game. I just tried it again. It worked for like 20 minutes then the same crap.

Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
banned you for illegal gayness? :confused: IDK?
Not quite, ain't that what happeend to you?

12-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Nah everything else runs fine with the game. I just tried it again. It worked for like 20 minutes then the same crap.

Not quite, ain't that what happeend to you?

nope never has i'm on live right now

mxtuner
12-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I think your problem is you should have bought a ps3?

ZeroLogic
12-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Bump for someone who don't have a smartass answer.:huh

Lehr 110
12-26-2008, 06:48 PM
does it do it with every game?

if it does then your hard drive is probably shot

red rings of death=bad

12-26-2008, 07:11 PM
basically in lament terms you FAIL send it off you have the 3RLOD

ZeroLogic
12-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Um, what?

Lehr 110
12-27-2008, 02:12 AM
RRod or RLOD- red rings of death or red lights of death. this means your xbox is pretty much a heavy paper weight

you will have to call the technical support line and send it in for repair/replacement

ZeroLogic
12-27-2008, 09:40 AM
I was lookin at the website support last night. I had only one red light up and it said something but the wires being connected right and the hard drive. I gotta try that tonight. The friggen this isn't even a year old.:cuss:

LeGaCyGiAnT124
12-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Sounds like your getting Error 74. The bottom right quadrant is only blinking. They will charge you 95 bucks to get this repaired, yeah its a bunch of BS. What happens is that your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) gets so hot that the solder joints crack on the X-Clamps that hold it to the motherboard. When they crack they cause them to come loose which results in the Error your getting. Your going to have to send it out for repair. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

-Brandon

nemo25
12-27-2008, 11:13 AM
x2

Originally posted by mxtuner
I think your problem is you should have bought a ps3?

ZeroLogic
12-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
Sounds like your getting Error 74. The bottom right quadrant is only blinking. They will charge you 95 bucks to get this repaired, yeah its a bunch of BS. What happens is that your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) gets so hot that the solder joints crack on the X-Clamps that hold it to the motherboard. When they crack they cause them to come loose which results in the Error your getting. Your going to have to send it out for repair. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

-Brandon

Thats a lot bro. Its total bull**** considering I payed over 1k in just the 360, moniter, and sound less than a year ago and it craps out. Ontop of that they said my warrenty expired Dec. 6 but the papers that came with the 360 said I had a three year warrenty. Not only that but I called them and got this computerized **** that was so ****ing help.:mad: :mad: :mad: :cuss:

ZeroLogic
12-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Well my Dad got through to them and had a nice "talk" with a manager. Their sendin out a box and fixing it for free.:macho

400ex28
12-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Well my Dad got through to them and had a nice "talk" with a manager. Their sendin out a box and fixing it for free.:macho

Haha nice man

12-27-2008, 06:05 PM
mine had that once, had to fight to have it sent out jewed them down to $70 and a month of xbox live. A month after i got it back i got a letrter in the mail with a $70 check saying there is now an extra 1 year warranty on the 1st gen counsels or something. Now they upped it even more. Mine had the problem maybe 3 months ago since its under warranty for aquite a bit now they sent a box to me. The minute i got off the phone giving them the shipping address I try it again and it works lol, I played it all the time and when the box came I just kept it so when it does break i'll put it in and send it out.

nemo25
12-28-2008, 09:04 AM
prime example how xbox's always crap out but ppl swear by them that they dont

Bill Fuller
12-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by nemo25
prime example how xbox's always crap out but ppl swear by them that they dont Oh I assume that you have OWNED one or are you going off of what you read or heard? I have had the Xbox original when it came out and the 360 when it first came out. I have NEVER had any problems and don't know of anyone PERSONALLY that has. I would buy another Xbox in a minute, no worries at all.

nemo25
12-28-2008, 11:25 AM
I do own one and I also have a ps3. Everyone who has had an xbox over a year had to get it repaired and im not even gonna mention the "ring of death" situation.

gcart2
12-28-2008, 11:32 AM

they did the same thing for me. not to mention a year of live and a choice of a free game out of like five.

guess it pays to be respectful.

o and the game i got was rainbow six vegas 2. not bad if you ask me.

631kfx400
12-28-2008, 11:40 AM
could be the tv

ZeroLogic
12-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
they did the same thing for me. not to mention a year of live and a choice of a free game out of like five.

guess it pays to be respectful.

o and the game i got was rainbow six vegas 2. not bad if you ask me.

Talk about lucky. I think they may send me one month of Xbox Live free or something. I only have two or so weeks til mine expires.:p

I acutally would buy another 360. I just love it compared to PS3.:macho

12-28-2008, 10:16 PM
PS3 has some nice features how the controllers have a tilt sensor, theres no disk tray it just takes it, blue ray I dont really need HD is great as it is and other than that I see no advantages. XBOX blew away PS2 the difference in the same games is nuts. XBOX 360 is ahead of PS3 like xbox live and the marketplace. Just think how amazing that is.

12-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by mxtuner
I think your problem is you should have bought a ps3? but im gay

your gay

ZeroLogic
12-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
PS3 has some nice features how the controllers have a tilt sensor, theres no disk tray it just takes it, blue ray I dont really need HD is great as it is and other than that I see no advantages. XBOX blew away PS2 the difference in the same games is nuts. XBOX 360 is ahead of PS3 like xbox live and the marketplace. Just think how amazing that is.

Yea, I'll admit some of Ps3s features are nice as hell. Imagine if Nintendo took a 360 and a Ps3 and combined it. The only games for it would be Mario Cart, Zelda, and DonkeyKong. :p

Originally posted by mxcowboy
your gay

Stay out of my thread.

12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Yea, I'll admit some of Ps3s features are nice as hell. Imagine if Nintendo took a 360 and a Ps3 and combined it. The only games for it would be Mario Cart, Zelda, and DonkeyKong. :p

Stay out of my thread.

lalalallaa cant touch me heehe

jk

12-29-2008, 10:57 AM
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/console-wars-who-won-08-/1276642

copy and paste

zerologic

you are gay

ZeroLogic
12-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, since you think I'm gay, maybe you want to meet up tonight for dinner?

12-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Well, since you think I'm gay, maybe you want to meet up tonight for dinner?

yeah sounds great ill invite warnerade! or shaun