PDA

View Full Version : Suspension question

Chepiriux
12-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Hows everybody doing, I xc and trail ride and im looking into buying a used long travel a arms and shocks. They are different sellers. The a arms are +1 jd performance long travel a arms and the shocks are axis long travel; the shocks are 20 inches long from center of eye to eye valve for a 180lb rider. will this shocks and a arms combo work for my kind if riding?

Thanks for the help

dunatic
12-26-2008, 11:34 AM
are the arms designed for 20 shocks ?

Chepiriux
12-26-2008, 11:45 AM
The a arms used to have 19 inch shocks on them. Do you think this will be a problem to increase 1 inch on the length of the shocks?

bushwesl
12-26-2008, 11:52 AM
You'd have to get the shocks setup specifically for those arms.

250Renvy
12-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Since I'm the only one I know with JD +1 Long travel a-arms for sale are you referring to mine? Why not just buy the shocks and a-arms and then get them revalved for XC, it shouldn't cost too much. I can also give you a slightly better deal if you buy both, unless you are just looking for front shocks only.

If you prefer, I also have some +1 Laegers standard travel and could sell you some standard travel axis shocks instead of long travel.

All depends on what you weigh. Revalving isn't as expensive as respringing for heavier or lighter riders.