PDA

View Full Version : Dinli 50cc 2-stroke (need more power)

Whitfield
12-26-2008, 07:47 AM
I am looking to upgrade a Dinli 50 2-stroke for my 9yr old daughter.
(it is a regular sized ~not compact~ single a-arm mini chassis with small wheels and tires)

My goal is to build a hot trail bike with more power and better suspension. I have little / no experience building small CVT quads, but I've been reading everything I can find here for a few weeks.

I have a Stock Dinli 90cc top end
(Hope it is a bolt on)

Looking at the 24mm OKO carb

Searching for a good pipe to match.

Any recomendations???

I will also need to sort out the clutching, but I have stock Dinli clutches (Primary and secondary) to start with. This will be her 3rd quad (she has experience). Hoping to help her keep up with the boys.

neveready
12-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, you cant bolt the 90 top end onto a 50, you are limited at going to a 70cc. Crankshafts and cases are different. Then would be wheels, tires,suspension, clutching,pipe.......and so on.

Your best bet may be just getting a new 90cc DRR or Apex which both are factory equipped with dual a-arms, descent suspension and are pretty dang quick out of the box.

You have to honestly consider your options here before putting more money into an older bike????

Whitfield
12-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by neveready
Well, you cant bolt the 90 top end onto a 50, you are limited at going to a 70cc. Crankshafts and cases are different. Then would be wheels, tires,suspension, clutching,pipe.......and so on.

Your best bet may be just getting a new 90cc DRR or Apex which both are factory equipped with dual a-arms, descent suspension and are pretty dang quick out of the box.

You have to honestly consider your options here before putting more money into an older bike????

Options? I can build the 50 back stock and re-sell it.
I've got $100 in it and it is a NEW 2004 never had gas, never been run, plastic cover is still on the seat. Dealer robbed it for parts. I also have the skeletal remains of a 2003 Dinli 90cc. Thus my brain fart of combining the two. So far the 50cc is going back together well and with no extra costs. Now at the end of my free parts I need to buy a Key switch, Carb, and Exhaust.

I've got the 90cc Dinli motor, But it will need a few trans gears. The 90cc motor came to me missing the outer trans cover, so it may need too much to salvage.

12-26-2008, 04:20 PM
ok i have the carb exhaust and the key when do you want them? ill ship in morning? it is stock exhaust stock dinli key and oko 24 mm carb pm if you need this or ill give you your 100 bucks back for it lol. i love dinlis if i were you i would keep it. dinlis were way ahead of there time so in 05 its like the 08 is now you see what im saying with the dinli it came out gusetted frame not like the others you have to get done see what i mean and straight off the floor it ran well never had to be worked on like other NEW QUADS LOL IMO. let me know