PDA

View Full Version : Huevos 11?

TWISTED DINLI
12-25-2008, 11:30 AM
I just got done watching Huevos 11. I dont think its very good. I didnt like the music in it.
What do u guys think?

Nick110
12-25-2008, 11:32 AM
the worst quad related movie i have ever seen

dehner47
12-25-2008, 11:44 AM
i bought 11 but wont be buying 12.some good footage but bad music.but that goes with all the huevos movies. :grr:

TWISTED DINLI
12-25-2008, 11:59 AM
ive liked all of them up till this one. im not too happy with it

feuerstack411
12-25-2008, 04:15 PM
I won't be buying it. I bought 10 and that was a waste of money. The only thing I use it for is if I cant sleep ill pop it in and it will put me to sleep in about 10 mins.

coryatver
12-25-2008, 04:50 PM
The huevos movies seem to be getting worse every year.

BuB400
12-25-2008, 04:53 PM
I have 2-10 and watch all of them with my 7 year old son,who is really digging the sport. Bought 11 and screened it first. Can't let him watch the white trash bash part so its pretty useless to me.

ProspectorJim
12-25-2008, 05:33 PM
worse or better than 10? Is it mostly freestyle again?

Nick110
12-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
worse or better than 10? Is it mostly freestyle again?

If you like hour long Polaris ads then you will like H11

ProspectorJim
12-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Nick110

is there another stock polaris in the desert segment?

RaptorRacer45
12-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I just got done watching it for the 1st time......there are 3 segments of just a Polaris randomly riding but minus those parts i thought it was pretty dang good......ive seen em all since #1 and like certian 1s better than others but IMO this 1 will be getting watched a few more times im sure.....ill give it 7/10 just b/c of the
Polaris spoofs but overall it was a good video

12-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
i bought 11 but wont be buying 12.some good footage but bad music.but that goes with all the huevos movies. :grr:

are you serious? you must like all techno or hardcore rap. Huevos 3,4,5 have amazing music!

ProspectorJim
12-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
are you serious? you must like all techno or hardcore rap. Huevos 3,4,5 have amazing music!

I agree, but when they started playing tons and tons of metalcore it got annoying. I mean killswitch engage? really?

nemo25
12-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
I agree, but when they started playing tons and tons of metalcore it got annoying. I mean killswitch engage? really?

agree they should put some tiesto in those movies

ProspectorJim
12-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by nemo25
agree they should put some tiesto in those movies

I'm not in to techno(I think thats what tiesto is) but it couldn't be any worse than the stuff they had on heuvos 10.

250x_kyle
12-25-2008, 08:21 PM
overall dissapointed with it music and fiml wise. still think 8 is the best

warriorxcr1
12-25-2008, 10:27 PM
im a fan of every heavos movie....i thought 7 was the best blend of everything and showcased the pivotal changes of the sport. alng with that, i felt wes mixed the music up perfectly in 7...some screamo here, some mellower stuff there, some straight rock there. it gave everyone what they wanted and was not a complete honda or polaris ad....we still had guys rocking 400s in 7 along with a bunch of different, entertaining sections.

have to agree with some of music being complete crap though.....

SRH
12-26-2008, 12:22 AM
i think wes makes beautiful looking videos, has all the knowledge in the world

but he makes them how hed want to watch them with the footage he thinks would be cool, with the music he likes

thats a bit of problem when 99% of the industry isnt into that. but damn that music...i dont know many who like that..... gotta be a cali thing

protraxrptr17
12-26-2008, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Nick110

EXACTLY! The whole movie was like an intro. I kept waiting for the good stuff to show up and then the credits started rolling.

meankfx
12-26-2008, 07:14 AM
i could care less about the music. If it has the music i like then thats a bonus if not oh well. i buy the movies because i like the freestyle segments. I cant stand watching the racing parts. My point is they cant make everybody happy. Theres to many differnt people out there that like to many differnt things. If u dont like certain parts skip past it, thats the nice thing about dvd players.

Pappy
12-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by SRH

but he makes them how hed want to watch them with the footage he thinks would be cool, with the music he likes

Thats pretty much what defines "creative licsence". If it was pure documentation of events it would still appeal to many but wouldnt to others.....

We havent been buying many of the DVD's released the past few years. When my kids walk out after the first 10 minutes to do something else, it, to me, was a waste of my money:p But this is a personal thing and others may like the crap out of it. If they were $10 each no biggy:p

12-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Huevos 5 FTW! thats my favorite but 3 and 4 are next. I have them all besides 8 and 11. I still watch 3,4, and 5 and on occasion i'll watch the others. The old ones just seeing the riders so much younger and almost everyone on a 250r or 400ex brings back the good ole days. I loved it when the 450's hadnt come out yet.

wolfpack91
12-26-2008, 03:34 PM
I bought it for my son and we were both very disappointed. We won't be supporting Wes racing the baja any more.:rolleyes:

klutch
12-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I liked Huevos 7, hated 8, loved 9.

Carpe Diem flicks are awesome though.

The worst quad related mvoie i've ever seen was something called "Charge?" I think that was HORRIBLE.

LTRracer4
12-26-2008, 07:01 PM
i would strongly agree that 3-5 are the best... 7 was the best of the new age. i stoped buying them after they all seamed the same... but i lost sleep last night because the factory had me so pumped.. im getting ready to put it in again here in just a second. I like Premis films alot. Akraix films are pretty badass too from more of a freestyle side of things.

BlaineKaiser450
12-26-2008, 07:34 PM
i liked all the huevos movies 9 and below. But Premis is my favorite with Akriax 2nd

maticus
12-27-2008, 06:35 AM
polaris ad=gay
most of the music was pretty fitting.
really pissed about seeing an underflip in the intro but not in the video!

protraxrptr17
12-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by maticus

Me too. I watched it again last night just to see if I had missed it somewhere. I actually liked it a little better the second time because my expectations weren't so high.

I wish H-bomb would make another NBK style film. I still watch it about once a month. The Factory was pretty good too. But I still say NBK was the best ever.

maticus
12-27-2008, 11:20 AM
yeah i love NBK but the factory was also pretty good ( just not a can-am fan) but i love seeing an inside look at the pro life.

Sprks450r04
12-27-2008, 01:03 PM
check out Test Flight Films-control on youtube

heres the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QlFVr-YC-I

hope that works

LTRracer4
12-27-2008, 02:04 PM
that intimidator at 3:00 looks sick... the whole trailer is badass.

meankfx
12-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by maticus
polaris ad=gay
most of the music was pretty fitting.

the underflip is in the video. Its in either the last freestyle segment or where hes doing flips in front of the kicker big screen part.

Sprks450r04
12-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
that intimidator at 3:00 looks sick... the whole trailer is badass.

ya it was even sicker being behind connell when he was doin it, he tryed conning(sp?) me into doing it. Next year.

12-27-2008, 06:14 PM
ever notice most of the new H-Bomb films movies are all in slow motion? Like some shots are regular footage then others they stall them out in slow motion in so many parts. Huevos videos went up in video quality like HD but are all starting to seem the same and are kinda lame. Thats the only good thing I se about the new ones is how it looks so clear.

TrapZ400
12-28-2008, 01:46 AM
My thoughts on Huevos 11.......

"Wimmer"- Music was good and went well with the riding. Video quality was crystal clear. I think it represented Dustin and his sponsors very well!

"Bomb Squad 1"- Moore brothers = SICK!

"GNCC"- Had some good footage.

"Cahuilla Creek"- Would be good for a Polaris promotional DVD but I think Wes should of left it out of Huevos 11.

"Mud Nats"- Music fit the riding. Not really something that I would watch over-and-over again.

"Elsinore"- Music, helicopter, and video quality was good. Dana was doing some sick whips. Jeremie Warnia was on a Can Am? I thought he rode for suzuki?

"Glamis"- Would be good for a Polaris promotional DVD

"Mcgills"- Good to see Adam and Taylor get a part in a huevos film. Music was okay.

"Pont De Vaux"- It was okay. It wasn't really something that I would watch more than once. But it was good to see a little bit of the racing scene outside the U.S.

"Natalie"- I liked it! Music and the riding flowed well together.

"RZR"- They were hitting some good size jumps on theose RZRs

"Costa Rica"- The track was sick. Music and riding went well together.

"The Sticks"- Would be good for a Polaris Promotional DVD

"Steel City"- Good high quality footage! Wienen is the man!

"Bomb Squad 2"- Good to see Rafa Munoz and Dan Serblin throwin it down for hbombfilms. Calebs superflips are sick!

"Tommy's"- i really liked this segment. Good to see a couple young rippers in there. (Cody Gibson and Clay Holmes) It will be cool to see how they do when they make it to the pro class.

"White Trash Bash"- Looked like a good time!

"Lepis Land"- Pat Brown had a good part. Its about time someone filmed a video part there. That track is sick!

"McKinneys"- This was the Media Allstars' part. It was okay. But I thought that the Media Allstars' part in Huevos 10 was a lot better. I loved the Media Allstars' part in Huevos 10.

"Yard Sale"- A lot of crashes

"Bomb Shelter"- The music and the riding went together perfectly. The Moore brothers were going big as usual and Dana was throwing down some huge whips.

Overall I thought the movie was awesome. Its definitely a must have! The freestyle in it is amazing! Theres a bunch of new backflip variations in it superflips, heelclicker flips, indian air flips etc.

What happened to Sheldon Riggs, Ryan Bemis and Christian Gagnon? I heard a while ago that Christian quit freestyle but I didn't know if that was completely true or not. But what about Riggs and Bemis?

I wish there were more bonus features like rider interviews!

Hbomb did it again this year and didn't do a director commentary. It seems like ever since Huevos 9 Wes has stopped doing director commentary. I don't know about anyone else but I always looked forward to listening to what Wes had to say. When ever I would get a new one I would watch it. Then go to the bonus section and watch the director commentary. I always thought it was cool to hear from the man himself how the movie was made/filmed and the different stories behind each scene.

Wes if you read this great job on Huevos 11 and please bring back the director commentary for Huevos 12!

mat1977
12-28-2008, 06:51 AM
Waste of money,I've watched it twice and I still don't want to buy a Polaris

Jersey450R
12-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
Huevos 5 FTW! thats my favorite but 3 and 4 are next. I have them all besides 8 and 11. I still watch 3,4, and 5 and on occasion i'll watch the others. The old ones just seeing the riders so much younger and almost everyone on a 250r or 400ex brings back the good ole days. I loved it when the 450's hadnt come out yet.

Thats because you dont have a 450 yet :o

gcart2
12-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by wolfpack91
I bought it for my son and we were both very disappointed. We won't be supporting Wes racing the baja any more.:rolleyes: check your pms

wolfpack91
12-28-2008, 03:41 PM
My PM'S or my PMS? I've got no new PM'S, and my wife says I have PMS more than she does!! lol

honda400ex2003
12-28-2008, 07:29 PM
i thought it was pretty sweet too. I would have liked to have seen some more doubles and triple riding with all of them but it was still cool. There were a few parts with just the polaris outlaws but it was still fun watching how the suspension and everything works on the straight axle beasts. I could not tell if they were 525 or not. Can anyone verify which they are? Also wish they would have had some snow riding again like the others did. Mud nationals was pretty cool too. Overall it was a good buy and will buy 12 if there is one possibly. Huevos All the way!!! Just my 2 cents though can't please everybody. Steve

12-29-2008, 09:51 AM
i gotta say music was garbage that is not what riding is about!? maybe some drowing pool let the bodies hit the florr but killswitch engage wtf!

FTR250Rnif
12-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Sprks450r04
check out Test Flight Films-control on youtube

heres the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QlFVr-YC-I

hope that works

Thanks Coleman:p
There will be an "Official" Ad on this site soon!
-Donny

honda400ex2003
12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Looks like a cool video!! Are they alot of racing type coverage or are they everything combined? I did see some mud riding at the beginning. Music is a little hard for my liking but still cool. I just turn down the sound and watch them all anyway. Steve

zyoung04
12-30-2008, 11:04 PM
from reading all the posts on this thread looks to me like the biggest complaint is the music and the polaris commerical's......if polaris was giving u new outlaws to ride would u ride them i know i would h-bomb films is a buisness and just like any other buisness they're looking for any kind of advantage that they can get so if polaris says well in ur next movie make sure u include the stock version of these quads to try n help us sell them if i was wes miller i would definatly do it........yes they the scenes are boring but oh well its part of it.....the music i dont mind myself the music at elsinore makes me wanna go tear it up but everyone has their own preference i guess

honda400ex2003
12-31-2008, 10:12 AM
i agree with that. I would do the same thing. I even went on polaris.com last night to look at them and see if they were completely stock. I think it is cool to see any stock machine riding like they were. Steve

honda400ex2003
12-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Also, I think the backflip helmet cam at the end blew the polaris' riding around away. I know I wanted to go ride after watching it. I'm in Michigan's U.P. with 80" snow packed down and icy with a little rain in it last weekend. I wont be riding in that with my 400. steve