hi
i have got a new banshee and all it has on it is
Dmc 916 pipes
whats the best performance parts
i was thinking 35m carb v-force 3 reeds K&N air filter

what do u lot think
cheers andy

12-26-2008, 08:48 PM
35mil's on a stock piped shee is way overkill. It will make it run like crap. Unless your talking about the single carb.

The biggest dual carbs I would go with mainly stock is 28 mil.

Since you only have pipes, look into the following.

1) Aftermarket head- Noss, Trinity, etc. 20cc compression domes.
2) Timing Advance Stator Plate
3) Lightened Flywheel
4) Remove the airbox lid.

If you have the money and want to go crazy, you can get it ported and make a respectable 65hp out of it. Unless you get a full race port along with the mods above you can be put into the 70's and 80's.

But those 4 mods will help you out a lot. The stock filter isn't that restrictive at all and the reeds don't do much of anything on the banshee's.

bansheeboyo
12-27-2008, 08:55 AM
so with the 20 CC domes will i be able to run pump gas 98 ron ?

12-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by bansheeboyo

You SHOULD...

Honestly, all banshee's are different. You should be fine on high-octane. If your not sure you can run 21cc domes and still put you at about 145psi or so.

Blaze
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
+4 on the adjustable stator plate FTW!!!, and you should buy the K&N powerlid if you ride in a lot of mud because running with the lid off can suck some **** up unless you ride it on the tracks.

machwon
12-29-2008, 05:48 PM

From the work I've sent out of the country others have told me 98 ron is equivalent to our 91 octane here (ron+mon/2). With 91 octane you technically should only use 22 cc domes. You can get away with 21cc domes with that gas if you have it ported.

Remove the airbox lid, securing the filter, advancing the timing are easy and inexpensive mods. After that porting and head work will give you the best power increase for the $$$.

loboboy
12-29-2008, 08:09 PM
forget all those mods and STROKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7MM stroker and some better pipes and hold on to your ***.

Like others said no bigger than 28MM carbs on a stock motor and honestly just keep the stockers until you decide to go big. You can do the NOSS head and timing advance that will wake it up quite a bit and some VForce 3 reed cages will help as well. This should do you good until you want to go big but I would hold off on porting until you decide whether or not to stroke that bad boy or not. This will save you in the long run if you do not port the motor.

If you have any other questions just let me know.

machwon
12-31-2008, 05:41 AM
Yes, the 7-10mm strokers really add start to add the torque better than a 4 but that would be a huge jump from what he already has and really a motor only a very serious duner or drag racer would want.

Stock carbs work fine and I wouldn't spend the $$$ on carbs unless your getting an all out port job. I commonly recommend 34-35mm carbs on fully porting std. stroke motors, some guys even use 39's very effectively on alky and drag porting. For the carbs, stick with the add ons or porting unless you have already decided how much motor you want to build. Cool heads are also overrated in my opinion. Many offer porting in the price range. Milling and rechambering a stock head is just as effective and everyone will think its stock... until they see it run!

banshee 119
01-06-2009, 03:13 PM
so with the 20 CC domes will i be able to run pump gas 98 ron ? dont see a prob running 20cc domes. mine is running 18cc domes. i use super unleaded which i beleive is 98 ron and never had a prob. it is ported (paul turner national midrange) dont know if that would make any difference. compression is 195psi where as stock is around 130ish i think.

dunatic
01-07-2009, 11:21 PM
easy simple mods:

Mill your stock head .030-.035" ($45)

timing plate - set at +3.5 degrees ($45 or less on ebay)

Power lid ($100) or removal (free)

K&N filter with outerwear ($100)

TDR (Tony Dukas Racing) reeds in your stock cages ($100)

Motion pro throttle cable kit to remove the "run on" system. ($70)

motor will run great on pump super...but youll have to jet it properly.

when you get the jugs ported some day, take you stock carbs and have em bored for $150 to 28mm. Stock carbs actually work very well.

That way every thing still fits like normal, you wont have to buy new filters and youll have already done the carb cable mod. Jets are available at your local shop in any town.

banshee6767
01-08-2009, 06:18 PM
banshee119 there is no way you are at 195 in each cylinder on pump gas, if so i bet your gunna get detonation, if you get over 145 psi i would start to run atleast 50/50 otherwise you will have problems

01-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by banshee6767
banshee119 there is no way you are at 195 in each cylinder on pump gas, if so i bet your gunna get detonation, if you get over 145 psi i would start to run atleast 50/50 otherwise you will have problems

x2. I don't care who you are but theres no way in hell you're running 195 on pump. Usually about 150 is the limit depending on your elevation.

Some people have trouble on pump gas with 145.

It's probably detonating without you realizing it.

01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Wait a second...

My bad. He's from Scotland. They have higher octane pumps then we have if I believe correctly.

Notice he said 98.. In the US 93 is premium fuel. So he probably can get away with pump. But in the US you're going to have to run race gas at 195

banshee6767
01-08-2009, 07:08 PM
i want to know how he gets 195psi , thats alot pry the most i have heard of, the highest ive seen was 175psi

01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by banshee6767
i want to know how he gets 195psi , thats alot pry the most i have heard of, the highest ive seen was 175psi

Yes, that sounds high for only 18cc domes, but as a compression in general its perfectly possible.

I've seen some banshee's pushing 210 per cylinder.
Not very reliable, only really good for drags and such

bansheeboyo
01-09-2009, 11:01 AM
MUST BE DETONATING because our 98 octane only = about 91 octane in american gas
our gas is crap
heck i bet our race gas is only = to your premium pump and about 5 times more deer
oh and thanks guys for all the advice on the modds and what not

dove
01-09-2009, 02:44 PM
i think american octane is rated in( pon )
uk is rated in ( ron )

98 ron is equal to 94 pon
95 ron is equal to 91 pon

pon is usually 4-5 units lower than ron

195 psi would only equall a compression ratio of around 13.2-1
i have a number of friends running high comp pistons around that figure in their 4 strokes and they too dont have problems with pinking,maybe your ignition is too far advanced if you have pinking with your lower compression pressures.

banshee 119
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
like i said i have never experienced any probs running 98 ron fuel. i have raced this engine for two years now so i would imagine if there was going to be a problem then it would have happened by now. when i strip the engine down after each season the pistons look fine. they just have the usual carbon on the crown, no signs of melting or anything.what i have noticed in previous posts on this thread is you all say to advance the ignition timing which i believe would require a higher octane fuel to be used. my ignition timing is stock. also my air fuel ratio is very slightly on the rich side which may also help. other than that i dont know.