PDA

View Full Version : Changing handlebars relocating key ignition???

explorerx
12-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey, I got a set of renthal bars with a trail tech clamp. It comes with a differnt plastic piece for the key, neutral and reverse lights. Does anyone know how to get the ignition to pull apart from the stock plastic so i can insert it into the new plastic that came with the bar clamps????

rcatvrider
12-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I forgot exactly but I think you need to compress a couple pieced on the ignition then pull it though. It's been a while though.

explorerx
12-24-2008, 05:41 PM
i called trail tech and the guy told me they it should spin and it should be threaded. I'm goin to try tommorrow morning. the wire doens't com out o the back end and the lip where the key goes in is what is screwing me, i'm hope it just un-threads. thanks if anyone else can help please do!!!

440challenger
12-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Flip it over and look at it for a minute. There is 2 tabs that need to be pushed in. You can do the one at a time.

rcatvrider
12-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by explorerx
i called trail tech and the guy told me they it should spin and it should be threaded. I'm goin to try tommorrow morning. the wire doens't com out o the back end and the lip where the key goes in is what is screwing me, i'm hope it just un-threads. thanks if anyone else can help please do!!!
It's definitely not threaded, I can say that much.

racerdan24
12-24-2008, 08:57 PM
It has 2 tabs that you need to push in then pull the ignition assembly out....it is not threaded so dont force it...gentle grasshopper!!!!