PDA

View Full Version : Workout Routines and Excersizes

bobbys9350
12-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Hey everyone. I am trying to get in shape for this coming race season. I recently purchase a BIO FORCE home gym. I also got a nice upright bike. This is what I will be doing while I am not riding. I plan on using the upright bike everyday for at least an hour. Every other day I plan on using the gym while also using the bike. also I will try to get out and practice at least twice a week not counting racing every weekend. 2-3 motos. I am trying to loose some weight. I am 6'4" and 220 lbs. I also am trying to gain some stamina and endurance. I mostly get arm pump But I am thinking if I am in better cardiovascular shape it might help with that. As far as diet goes I will be trying to eat a little healthier. I will be eating less and more often. I will be eating fruits or vegetables between meals as well as with meals. I started switching over to drinking nothing but gatorade and water. I take a multivitamin (GNC'S Mega Man) everyday. I drink a protein shake everynight. Bascially I am just giving some information and I was wanting to see if anyone had any tips or pointers. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

xsr_racing28c
12-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Well your off to a good start with the cardio on your upright bike. I'd say do that as well as some toning workouts such as chest, tri's and bi's. I like to use a exercise ball and do chest workouts on it with my bowflex selectech weights. The excercise ball is nice to use because you are also using other muscles to keep your body in correct position on the ball while doing your workout.

I think if you are having arm pump issues you need to work on forearms and chest. I like to do quick dumbell chest workouts and do alot of reps. Also, you can do "reverse curls" with a bar and those will work out your forearms well. Just take the bar and reverse your hand position on the bar, and do a normal curl motion.

For supplements and vitamins, its good your taking a multi-vitamin. Keep doing that, and also if you want to try an L-glutamine tablet or drink after your workout, it will help with recovery and muscle ache. This might help with your arm pump as well from what ive found.

I could go on and on, but these are just my thoughts, and certain things work for certain people of course. Good luck with your workout. I feel your pain being tall though, as I am 6'3" and am down to 195 right now. I was at 187 but of course the holidays are killing me!!!! HAHA..

Good luck and happy holidays!