PDA

View Full Version : Joe Byrd 2 day mini quad riding school in Florida

JAG Motosports
12-23-2008, 05:20 PM
I came across this when I was browsing the site. Just thought some of the other Florida riders might be interested. What a great opportunity for our mini quad riders to have a class just for them...taught by Joe Byrd. Seriously considering it ourselves.

Here's the link:

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/joe-byrd-riding-school-2008-atv-new-year-school.html

Nichols Atvs
12-23-2008, 05:53 PM
I was going to try and make it. Couldnt cordinate the plans to work out .That stinks Hes suppose to be doing a class up here in New England this coming fall well see. if he does well go to that one. Have fun if you go, its at his winter track he said they have a well on site for water, no electricty or sewer.and plenty room for big and small rigs.

kylie'spitcrew
12-23-2008, 06:40 PM
We are going down and I think there is still room in the class. He changed the dates to sat and sun. Said that he couldn't get enough kids on wed and thur. We would have liked to seen some more kids go. I would have posted it, but I didn't think about it. Sorry

JAG Motosports
12-24-2008, 06:34 AM
If he changed the dates to the 3rd and 4th then that ruins it for us because we have an SSQSA race that weekend. I'll bet that's why he's having a hard time filling the classes (atleast with Florida riders).

kenjolly
12-24-2008, 01:11 PM
He just changed the dates, because he only has 2 mini quads and 3 big quads. we were going for sure on the 31st and 1st but now that its changed i dont know. i am going to give it to Hayden for christmas and let him make the chose JB school or SSQSA. i know its not right but i didnt change it. maybe if more minis step up we can get the original date and we can do both.

kenjolly
12-25-2008, 04:10 PM
jb racing school is Hayden's choice. good luck to those of you racing ssqsa.

How many of you will go if we get the dates put back. it cant hurt to ask.

kenjolly
12-25-2008, 05:06 PM
I talked with JB and he will run the original dates if we have 7 and with Hayden we still need 5 more. we have until sunday , after that the dates will be the 3rd and 4th.

Thanks Ken

JAG Motosports
12-25-2008, 09:06 PM
We would do it if it was the original dates but I'm thinking it's going to be hard to get 5 more mini's to commit. This is such a bummer!

backinsaddle
12-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Jeremiah Jones and possible Bill Balance for you XC riders:

http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/index.php?topic=10255.0

JIM GRACE
12-29-2008, 04:35 PM
We did attend the dustin wimmer racing school at atco raceway.
brandon came away with alot of info and i am sure he will never
forget being taught by the champ. our class had about 5 mini
rider's in it and alot of one on one. was also only an hr. from home:D

kenjolly
01-06-2009, 07:53 AM
The JB school was great for both hayden and I,we learned alot about racing and quad set up. Hayden was able to improve his lap time by 14 seconds,thats great. But the big gainer for the weekend was Kylie out of WV with a 24 sec improvment. Thanks to everyone there and JB for a great school. I had my ?'s at first, it seemed alot like karate kid, wax on wax off but when they put it together it was impressive.

See you at the next one.

Ken and Hayden Jolly

JAG Motosports
01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
That's great! I really wish that we could have gone too. We had bad luck after bad luck in the 70 mod class at the SSQSA (belt issues). Oh well, part of racing! We missed you guys at the races, hope you get to go to the next one!

kylie'spitcrew
01-07-2009, 07:03 PM
We had a great time at the Joe Byrd school as well. Kylie and Hayden really learned a lot and had fun too. We wanted to say thanks to Ken. It's always nice to meet a fellow race parent. We did get some good pictures as well. Will send some shortly. Thanks also to Joe Byrd for a great weekend.

bulldogfallon
01-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Were you the one that needed the tranny seal?

If so did you find it ok?

kylie'spitcrew
01-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Yes I'm the one that needed the tranny seal and I found it ok. Thank You so much for going out of your way to help us. The seal worked fine and I didnt have any trouble getting it in. Kylie was excited to get the stickers. She put them on her quad before I was done putting the seal in it. I will get you some pics as soon as I can. Thank you again for all your help. Joe