PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Painting Question...

Yippie-Ki-Yay
12-23-2008, 03:39 PM
A friend of mine gave me one of his white xbox 360 controllers, and since i already have 2, i decided im going to paint this one. Im going to take it apart, and paint each part seperate. I want to use spray paint. I need to know if they make a bright candy green, and a bright candy red. Where could i buy this, and what should i use as a clear coat?

Btw, the controllers plastic. :chinese: :ermm:

feuerstack411
12-23-2008, 03:42 PM
No offense, but why don't you go to an actual store and look for paint instead of posting on an ATV forum lol

ZeroLogic
12-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes they do, they will rub off.

250r rider 88
12-23-2008, 04:20 PM
the only thing i could think of would be to buy the Krylon Fusion paint thats made for plastic and try that otherwise I wouldn't mess with it

good luck

12-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Krylon Fusions shiny. Im using it on my frame cause of its shine. I painted plastic with Krylon Fusion and some plastic things would stay sticky.

Yippie-Ki-Yay
12-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
No offense, but why don't you go to an actual store and look for paint instead of posting on an ATV forum lol

Well considering that the nearest store that supplies paint is 40 miles away, and that the people on this forum know alot about paint, i made a good choice...:ermm:

As for why im doint it...why not, its winter, theres a foot of snow and ice on the ground, and i have a contraption sitting here with no use...Im Bored!

SRH
12-23-2008, 10:25 PM
fusion comes off too...i wouldnt waste your time , ur going to havae paint chips falling off getting stuck between your fingers on your clothes ,furniture etc......why wo.....nvm

feuerstack411
12-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Yippie-Ki-Yay
Well considering that the nearest store that supplies paint is 40 miles away, and that the people on this forum know alot about paint, i made a good choice...:ermm:

As for why im doint it...why not, its winter, theres a foot of snow and ice on the ground, and i have a contraption sitting here with no use...Im Bored!

40 miles? damn where do you live?

Yippie-Ki-Yay
12-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
40 miles? damn where do you live?

I live pretty far out of the way...less neigbors to deal with.

Even if i put some kind of clear coat on will it still wear off?

dbc112
12-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Hmmm.. .best candy system I know of is house of colors... Shirmirin or something like that.

You would have to lightly sand it, then use adhesion promoter, then primer, then light sand with 600 or 400. then paint, then clear.

At least that is how I am painting my plastics.