PDA

View Full Version : most reliable, 400ex or banshee

buck440
12-23-2008, 03:38 PM
i have a 400ex and am now getting realy intrested in the banshee but i was wondering which is more reliable my 400ex or a banshee?

trx250rider
12-23-2008, 05:43 PM
what kind of question is that???????????you dont get more reliable then a 400ex

12-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by trx250rider
what kind of question is that???????????you dont get more reliable then a 400ex

x2..

Honestly, coming from a person who loves banshee's, theres no doubt they are less reliable..

But, if its set up right, you can do 2 good seasons without any problems before you neef to rebuild it. banshee's can be reliable if they're set up right and maintained.

buck440
12-23-2008, 05:58 PM
i honestly thought the banshee being a 2 stroke would be more because it don't have all the valves and crap.

12-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by buck440
i honestly thought the banshee being a 2 stroke would be more because it don't have all the valves and crap.

Well like I said, it really depends.

If you have them tuned in properly and maintain them (cleaning filter, changing gear old, running decent 2-stroke oil) then they are pretty reliable.

My dad's is super reliable, and hasn't gave an ounce of problems since we bought it. And now even though it's slightly tired, it still starts first kick.

It sat for a month and he pulled it out the other day in 20* weather, half choke, and first kick it fired.

SO it may be as reliable, but if you ride a lot, after about two seasons it will probably need a rebuild, which is super easy to do.

This is coming from someone who owns both. I think you'll like the switch. If I had to pick one quad to keep out of both, I would keep the banshee:)

buck440
12-23-2008, 07:57 PM
i ride every day when its warm and no one in my town has one so it would be cool to have a ring a ding dinger to play with

loboboy
12-25-2008, 08:18 PM
well I can atest to the fact if you take care of a Banshee no matter how highly modified it is you can make them last a long time. My 7MM stroker putting 85HP to the wheels hasen't had major maintenance in over 2 years. keep the filters clean and the oil changed run good gas and good 2stroke oil and they will last a long time. The only thing I have to do occasionally is replace the o-rings in the head that burn out over time which is normal.
I also have a 400ex and it gets neglected and it starts and runs everytime I hit the starter button.