PDA

View Full Version : Axle help!

rodeo#11
12-23-2008, 11:55 AM
ok so not to long ago i snapped my swingarm completely OFF! (bad bearings, always take care of those!) anyways as of right now i got all my parts in but i cant seem to get my dang axle off! i dont have a clue how that stupid thing comes off it just seems like everything is seized or something. I know a few people on here has probably had this happen. So any one know how this thing comes off!?!? Oh and my swingarm bolt is seized but whats new lol :p

Brauap
12-23-2008, 12:00 PM
You're having problems with the lock nut most lickly. Jst get a BIG cresent and a BFH and start at it, thats how I got mine off, remember there reverced threads. If you had gotten the swingarm off (un attached from everything else) but the axle is still on, its a just pain in the ba-donky-donk! You will have to put it in a vice, and lock up it up so it doesn't turn. I stuck a big screw driver beweteen the sproket and caliper (their holes) and when it spun and hit the swingarm, it didn't move, thus letting me loosen the lock nut.

Good Luck!

rodeo#11
12-23-2008, 12:08 PM
yep its the lock nut.. and now i see why i was having such trouble i didnt realize it was reverse threads lol but ill defiantly try that when i get out to the shop again! thanks!

Brauap
12-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Notta Problem! :)

400exc
12-24-2008, 09:03 AM
If you still need to get your swingarm bolt off, when i got mine off i had to torch the head of the bolt off of mine and tap the botl out the opposite direction it is supposed to come out. When i re-inserted the bolt i put it in backwards and I have had to take it out since, and it comes out easier in my opinion. Hope this helps.