PDA

View Full Version : gncc airbox

Joshbeasley
12-23-2008, 11:33 AM
i am wanting to do some gncc racing soon. what do these guys do to the airbox. i hear people saying outerwears. i just dont see how they could flow that much air and keep out mud and dirt.
i have just gotten another quad since i have been into sportbikes for years so i am having to play a little bit of catch up. i have a 2007 dvx400.

Scro
12-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Alot of people run no-lid, Outerwear over Uni filter, with a coat of air filter treatment on the filter, or course. The outerwear doesn't restrict much air flow at all. I didn't have to rejet after I added it. It repels water, and really cuts down on fine particles getting through the filter.

Even after extremely dusty races, my airbox boot will be spotless. Just be sure to clean both the outerwear and filter before every ride, and you will be set.

I see you are from Hattiesburg. Are you going to try to make it to the Maplesville race outside of Birmingham on the 10th?

Joshbeasley
12-23-2008, 03:54 PM
thanks.
i am not going to be able to make it. got other things to get done.
i am ready to do some racing. rattlesnake bay will open back up january so i should be able to get in some good trail practice.
if you get down this way hit me up.