PDA

View Full Version : yoshi pim

pitcrew
12-22-2008, 10:00 PM
hey guys i need help. i bought a used ltr and right know it has a dasa pipe and cherry bomb. it also has the pim but it is not hooked up the harness is in my hand. he tried to hook it up but with no luck...it wouldnt run right with it hooked up. as soon as u started the bike and didnt have ur thumb on the throttle it would die. i dont have the instructions on how to hook it up properly. if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

soyo
12-22-2008, 10:28 PM
you will have better luck with the cherry bomb, and it is enough for a well modded bike.

pitcrew
12-25-2008, 07:27 PM
hey i was bored and i hooked up the pim im no dummy there is only one way it can be hooked up so i did it...... the bike wouldnt even start?????? i dont get it i dont have any clue. if any one has any ideas at all to what could be wrong let me know. thanks

joe

soyo
12-25-2008, 08:02 PM
you need to program it with the programmer. someone probly already messed with it and messed it up.

pitcrew
12-25-2008, 08:09 PM
the thing i know for a fact was never messed with. i thought it was suppose to come out of the box with two maps already programmed in it and u should just be able to hook it up and it should work right??? the bike just turns over and wont fire. i dont want to have to buy that little programer thing i thought it was pre programed somewhat.

Drewltr450
12-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Have you ever had the bike completly torn down? Like to the bear frame. Or did u ever mess with the wiring? Check all your wire connections, Check the roll over sensor in the front of the quad. And also check the Fuel pump wire and the wire that goes to the fuel injector. The black ended wire is supossed to go onto the Fuel Pump and the white ended wire is suposed to go to the injector. (This happened to me and it was an easy fix).

pitcrew
12-26-2008, 03:38 PM
if i remove the pim and put it back to stock form with just the cherry bomb it starts right up. i mean the connectors can only go one way...so im thinkin something is wrong with it.??????

pitcrew
12-26-2008, 03:38 PM
and also the bike has never been messed with...never torn down.

ltracer91r
12-28-2008, 11:05 AM
you probably need the FIMAK part so you can reprogram it.

OR

you can download a pre-programed map from fuelatv.com and install it via usb cord.

BUT

If i were you i would sell it and get a PC3, they are really easy to adjust.
morepowerracing.com has them pretty cheap.