PDA

View Full Version : BMX riders

ProspectorJim
12-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I had a cheap wal-mart bmx bike that broke on me several times at the end of the summer. Now that I have enough money I'm looking for a good quality bmx bike. I'm looking for one for a little under $300.Any suggestions?

I'm currently looking at bully and eastern bikes. Are these good quality bikes?

powermadd400ex
12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
look at haro bikes, i rode wallyworld bikes for quite awhile but after i rode my buddies haro, i loved it. got me one shortly after.

XCRacer236
12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
the bottom line is a little over your price, but a Specialized Fuse are amazing bikes. Redline are good bikes too.

Johnny Minehan
12-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I dont know much about Bully, but Eastern is pretty good. I have a FIT AM bike I am looking to sell, if you are interested, under $300.00...

yfzrider310
12-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I would say eastern. Good quailty and can take abuse. I have a haro mirra 540 which has taken so much abuse and is still holding strong until i bent the rim recently. That was from a 9 stair drop. I would go with haro, eastern, redline, specialized. Any of those and you have a good bike. In my experience along with friends with haros they have been strong, reliable bikes.

ProspectorJim
12-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
the bottom line is a little over your price, but a Specialized Fuse are amazing bikes. Redline are good bikes too.

I'm not looking for a competition level bike. Just something to play around on and do some tricks.

Are Dk's any good? My friend has one and it looks nice. Also should I get one with a gyro?

mineralgrey01gt
12-22-2008, 09:01 PM
if you was a little closer id sell you both of mine for $100. I have a GT mach 1 and a MOSH Pro XL, they are in pieces but they have quite a few aftermarket parts. The MOSH has a specialized 3pc crank, speed bearings in the rear wheel (cant think of what kind of wheels it has). I know it has $600+ in parts including the price of the bike, and the GT just had the stock stuff, stock 3 pc crank, etc

12-22-2008, 09:05 PM
I only like DK. But the last bike I got wasa 300 haro. Only used it like 5 times.

whitebros400
12-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Get a haro they are very tough bikes. I had one for a while before it got stolen

12-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by whitebros400
Get a haro they are very tough bikes. I had one for a while before it got stolen

I had a $700 nirve stolen from me by some scum bags at my school. Had $150 alex tripple wall rims. I would land so hard that the front tire would pop some times but the rims stayed perfect.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/getdrunk1990/andy.jpg

Heres the haro I have.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/pocket%20bike/l_abf806dafae8b42fc2da1d217940ffa8.jpg

XCAdam89
12-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Ha, My Haro looks identical to the one above ^^ Same blue and all. I used to be into it a bit, but I guess I quit these days. I still ride it around college campus a little every now and then though

BLU82
12-23-2008, 05:57 AM
I have only had DKs and loved them. I have an 8-pack, a general lee, and I just bought a 26inch Asterik. The 8-pack and general have taken a ton of abuse and I've only bent handlebars once. And ya if you plan on trying tricks you should get one with a gyro.

12-23-2008, 06:36 AM
dont get an eastern i've snapped three headtubes off of them and dont get haro they just have a good name. if your going to look for a quality bike. save up and get a fit, kink, FBM, fly or a good brand like that a REAL bmx bike. im not just blowing smoke. i work at a bike shop and am a sponsored rider of bmx.

416exfreak
12-23-2008, 07:32 AM
I've got a built up Haro X3 that im willing to let go for about $150

-Haro X3 frame
-Eastern 2-9'er cassette rear with 9t driver
-Industry 25t chainwheel
-Poverty 1pc cranks
-DK trail stem
-Odyssey Civilian Svelte 41 thermal bars (digi camo)
-Primo grips
-unknown front wheel
-Dans extrathick tubes

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/440kid/002-3.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/440kid/003-1.jpg

Let me know. This offer goes to anyone. I never ride it, and im tired of it sitting in my room...

XCRacer236
12-23-2008, 10:07 AM
i had a Specialized Hemi Comp stolen right out of my garage!! now i have a Haro X3. =[

LTRracer4
12-23-2008, 10:30 AM
i like Felt bikes alot. They are a pretty unheard of company, and their stuff is very nice, and its pretty resonable too. not to mention their bikes are pretty light which is my biggest thing.

ti2ibal1
12-23-2008, 03:35 PM
S&M

/thread

BLU82
12-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Dans Comp (http://www.danscomp.com/serve.php?serve=html&html=bikes.html) Pretty everything you'd need on there.

12-23-2008, 06:21 PM
I just got a Giant Modem GX, stripped the decals and took off pegs because they just add useless weight i'm not gridning anytime soon nor do I want to. The bike is pretty light and its strong. Has a Chromoly frame and forks its all black but I think I wanna take out the gold spray paint and do the wheels or forks kinda cover my *** if anyone comes back saying its their bike after i just cleaned it up.

liex21
12-24-2008, 09:36 AM
s&m classic dirtbike..ive done everything to this bike and still rides perfects but easterns are alrite my friend had one it never bent or snapped but he only rode it for a couple months then got something else because he didnt like it

WhiteZrider
12-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Cant go wrong with FIT.

I have a bike built up around a Fit Hawk frame, very awesome frame. My bike weighs around 23 lbs and is worth over a grand.

Heres me sitting by it and a couple short vids of me riding.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/vanscan/fit.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/vanscan/cid__0722070019-1.jpg

Tabling
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/vanscan/th_TableAttempt.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/vanscan/?action=view&current=TableAttempt.flv)

360 over spine
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/vanscan/th_dude360.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/vanscan/?action=view&current=dude360.flv)

12-25-2008, 01:13 AM
I once hada haro and I landed so hard to many times that the handle bar started bending. One day it snapped right off!!!

My $700 nirver was all aftermarket and made to look like a DK. It was the best bike I ever had but kind of heavy from the rims. I hada kink and it was a pos.

ti2ibal1
12-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by ltr450fly
I once hada haro and I landed so hard to many times that the handle bar started bending. One day it snapped right off!!!

You are so hardcore. How do you keep the women off of you?

12-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by ti2ibal1
You are so hardcore. How do you keep the women off of you?

Your a idiot.

But when I posted that last post I did not meen haro, i typed wrong and really ment huffy. I had a super light $80 huffy and I would land so hard that I bent the fork tube and at one point the side of the handle bars snapped right off. I was flat landing from 10-15ft of air. But I gave bmx up after I broke my wrist. After breaking my rist any time I would land hard it hurts really bad and it still does 3 years after. I was jumping ditches up to 50mph pulled behind a raptor 660. One time going about 50mph jumped a 5ft deep ditch using a 1.5 ft shopko plastic jump on the road and landed and my front tire sunk into the ground and wrecked a rim and crashed bad but I didnt break no bones.

And I dont know how far spaced apart power line poles are(100yards?) but I was jumping from one pole to another at a slight down hill when pulled by the quad. I would only be 4-5ft above the road but I would just huvver for ever and the bike was al over in the air. That was back like 3-4 years ago. I was jumping about from one power line pole to the next. I think thats 100yards? Or 100ft? IDK but it was from one power line pole to the next about. Thats why I used alex tripple wall rims and poverty hubs and was blowing out tires mostly front tires!! If you look in the first page at my modded nirve/dk clone you will see a flat front tire. But that flat was caused from a step up jump. I landed short right on the corner and it pinched the tube and poped it. I cant do no tricks other than no hander, no footer, and nac nac but I got huge air!

Im just crazy litteraly theirs somthing wrong with me litteraly neurologicaly and the docs are stumped on what it is. 3 months b4 the first quad back flip was done I was going to pull it off and had a few people to watch me and I was in front of my "dirt" back flip jump and I started kickign it over and my clutch backet snapped and locked the engine up when I was kicking it over. That saved my life or stopped me from being the first to back flip a quad! I just get a feeling and shut my mind totaly off and it can be a good or bad thing. It made me a very good rider but hurt me bad many times.

O and P.S. Women do love me I'm hot as hell!!!!
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/me/MVC-011S.jpg

ProspectorJim
12-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Can the women find you under that pile of bull**** is the question.

Mxjunkie
12-25-2008, 08:12 AM
FIT is where it's at!!

WhiteZrider
12-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
FIT is where it's at!!

Hell yeah

Nick110
12-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Your a idiot.

But when I posted that last post I did not meen haro, i typed wrong and really ment huffy. I had a super light $80 huffy and I would land so hard that I bent the fork tube and at one point the side of the handle bars snapped right off. I was flat landing from 10-15ft of air. But I gave bmx up after I broke my wrist. After breaking my rist any time I would land hard it hurts really bad and it still does 3 years after. I was jumping ditches up to 50mph pulled behind a raptor 660. One time going about 50mph jumped a 5ft deep ditch using a 1.5 ft shopko plastic jump on the road and landed and my front tire sunk into the ground and wrecked a rim and crashed bad but I didnt break no bones.

And I dont know how far spaced apart power line poles are(100yards?) but I was jumping from one pole to another at a slight down hill when pulled by the quad. I would only be 4-5ft above the road but I would just huvver for ever and the bike was al over in the air. That was back like 3-4 years ago. I was jumping about from one power line pole to the next. I think thats 100yards? Or 100ft? IDK but it was from one power line pole to the next about. Thats why I used alex tripple wall rims and poverty hubs and was blowing out tires mostly front tires!! If you look in the first page at my modded nirve/dk clone you will see a flat front tire. But that flat was caused from a step up jump. I landed short right on the corner and it pinched the tube and poped it. I cant do no tricks other than no hander, no footer, and nac nac but I got huge air!

Im just crazy litteraly theirs somthing wrong with me litteraly neurologicaly and the docs are stumped on what it is. 3 months b4 the first quad back flip was done I was going to pull it off and had a few people to watch me and I was in front of my "dirt" back flip jump and I started kickign it over and my clutch backet snapped and locked the engine up when I was kicking it over. That saved my life or stopped me from being the first to back flip a quad! I just get a feeling and shut my mind totaly off and it can be a good or bad thing. It made me a very good rider but hurt me bad many times.

How do you even sleep at night telling people all of this BS? You are seriously the most retarded person I have ever encountered. I hope to god you know what condoms are.

300ex_#387
12-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Your a idiot.

Your a idiot.

LTRracer4
12-25-2008, 02:21 PM
LTR450fly.... LMFAO... why dont you just stop? no one on here buys your bull**** or looks at you as more then anything but a punk *** kid who needs to get his *** shut down.

12-25-2008, 04:49 PM
lmao I think I had one to many drinks last night lol

mx428
12-25-2008, 05:25 PM
You guys are all retards. Enjoy your 35lb haros.

Frame: Subrosa Pandora 21"
Forks: Shadow Creeper Lite
Bars: S&M Slam XLT
Stem: Fit DLR
Grips: Fly Ruben
Bar Ends: Fly Nylon
Headset: Eastern Integrated
Cranks: Demolition Medial Lite w/ Titanium Spindle
Bottom Bracket: Shadow Conspiracy Spanish
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC
Chain: Shadow Interlock v2
Sprocket: Profile Imperial 25t
Seat: Kink Kevlar Slim Pivotal
Seatpost: Macneil Pivotal
Front Wheel: Primo Balance laced to Primo SF Lite hub
Rear Wheel: Odyssey Midway Laced To WTP Supreme 9t cassette
Front Tire: Odyssey Aitken 2.25
Rear Tire: Animal ASM

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3634/bc1xh3.jpg

416exfreak
12-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I think we all just failed. Aside from mx428...

Thats one hell of a nice bike man!:eek:

ProspectorJim
12-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by mx428
You guys are all retards. Enjoy your 35lb haros.

Frame: Subrosa Pandora 21"
Forks: Shadow Creeper Lite
Bars: S&M Slam XLT
Stem: Fit DLR
Grips: Fly Ruben
Bar Ends: Fly Nylon
Headset: Eastern Integrated
Cranks: Demolition Medial Lite w/ Titanium Spindle
Bottom Bracket: Shadow Conspiracy Spanish
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC
Chain: Shadow Interlock v2
Sprocket: Profile Imperial 25t
Seat: Kink Kevlar Slim Pivotal
Seatpost: Macneil Pivotal
Front Wheel: Primo Balance laced to Primo SF Lite hub
Rear Wheel: Odyssey Midway Laced To WTP Supreme 9t cassette
Front Tire: Odyssey Aitken 2.25
Rear Tire: Animal ASM

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3634/bc1xh3.jpg

I don't see how not having the money to drop on a custom bike makes people retards...

but it is a really nice bike. Wish I wasn't dumping money into my ds.

LTRracer4
12-25-2008, 06:02 PM
how much moneys in that bike? and what does it weigh? that is a badass bike

mx428
12-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
how much moneys in that bike? and what does it weigh? that is a badass bike About $1700,probably more, but i lost track. 21.23 lbs

Mxjunkie
12-26-2008, 10:12 AM
About $1700,probably more, but i lost track. 21.23 lbs

We ride our bikes bitach.. lol YOU need to get your arse out to union ramp park and ride, that bike looks the same as it did when you got it lol... :p

mx428
12-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
We ride our bikes bitach.. lol YOU need to get your arse out to union ramp park and ride, that bike looks the same as it did when you got it lol... :p hit me up next time you go puusssaaayyyyy

Mxjunkie
12-27-2008, 06:30 PM
hit me up next time you go puusssaaayyyyy

shoot me ur number so we can ride it up!

01-24-2009, 08:36 PM
go on craigslist youll see em lol