PDA

View Full Version : Help with title

dbc112
12-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Sooo..
I bought my original 250x with 350x motor from some dude.. I have a title signed but it needs to be notarized (the sig).. cant track the guy down to get this done..

So any suggestions on how to get a new title? Say, if I didnt have one, and I bought a frame without a vin (scratched off "by accident")... how would you go about getting a title in PA? It may be easier than tracking this guy down.

I have called all over the place, and they require a notarized sig...

KXRida
12-23-2008, 08:09 AM
You need a notorized signature, so sadly you'll probably have to try and find this guy.

One question though, do you need the title? If you don't have any intention of trying to make it road legal, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've bought new bikes before from shops out of state without titles. I use my bikes mostly for mx though.

mittman
12-23-2008, 10:27 AM
my 400ex title is messed up too. thats been for two years. first guy(that bought it new) never took his name off title when his friend bought it. then when he sold it to me he signed the back but the title was never in his name so that didnt help out. after 6 months of trying to straighten it out i gave up. i wouldnt worry about it like kxrida said if your not going to ever make it street legal

dbc112
12-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I thought I needed a title.

For example, the local poker run required a license plate number.

So all that means insurance, title, the the grand plate.

I am going to attempt a rebuilt title... from junk yard.

Does RAC require a lic plate number for reg? What about lost trails or any of the state park systems?

derekhonda
12-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Just apply for a new title if that is an option.

Or, sometimes if like your bank really knows you (for example) and knows you are an honest guy you can talk their notary into it, which in all honesty is a scary thing to do cause they are holding their neck out on the line for you (or rather that that guy really is who he said he is etc.)

Best bet would be to track him down, or else go the new title route.

dbc112
12-23-2008, 08:24 PM
so for all the charity events.. do you have to provide insurance info? I have a MC tag..

Also my in-laws live in florida. Easier to register?

KXRida
12-24-2008, 06:43 AM
haha just buy a dirt bike and never have to deal with it again! :p

haha I didn't realize the poker runs where you're at require a license number. Jeez I know that half of the poker run quads up here don't have plates.

dbc112
12-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Well.. I was told you needed plates.. and I have only tried to ride in 1 so far. Maybe not, maybe I should just show up.

ProspectorJim
12-24-2008, 11:01 AM
are you sure they don't mean number plates?

mittman
12-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by dbc112
Well.. I was told you needed plates.. and I have only tried to ride in 1 so far. Maybe not, maybe I should just show up.

the poker runs up by me you dont need them i aways see people with out them. the only thing i have on my 400 is insurance thats all

12-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by dbc112
so for all the charity events.. do you have to provide insurance info? I have a MC tag..

Also my in-laws live in florida. Easier to register?

Florida I dont think is any easier to register. I know to get it registered you have to take the title to the courthouse and pay a portion of the price you bought it for and they put it in the system and give you a registration sticker. Its nice because you never need your title you just give them the title # on the tag and your name comes up along witht he VIN # and what not.