PDA

View Full Version : carb help please!!

250r/kfxrider
12-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Ok guys...I would like your experienced opinion on this one. First off I have a 295 big bore kit, bored to 73.45mm (I think 308-310cc) Trinity Racing Stage 4 port job and head mill. I run the V-Force 3 reeds, FMF Fatty pipe with FMF silencer. Ok now for the question, I currently have a Keihin PE 36mm carb 175 main and 55 pilot, do you guys think I should bump up to a 38 or 39mm or do you think 36 is enough? Also what size of jets should I be using at 800ft above sea level?

havinnoj
12-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Stock is fine but you'd benefit from a larger carb.

bushwesl
12-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by havinnoj
Stock is fine but you'd benefit from a larger carb.

Agreed.

What kind of riding do you do?

I'm pretty sure that the Trinity Stage IV is their top end porting, not 100% sure though. You'd definitely benefit from a larger carb, especially on the top end, considering your mods (VF3's, Stage IV porting, etc.). Either a 38 or 39mm PWK would do the trick.

250r/kfxrider
12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Honestly the main riding I do is on ice, so top end is definaltly what I want. Around here no one can seem to find time in the warm months to ride so we hardly ever go until the ice forms. And yes the stage 4 is more of their top end porting. Also, before I forget I am currently running a reed spacer. I have read that some people say to use them, other say not to. From what I understand on the "R" they are more for clearance issues, but I know on most cars they = power gains. What is everyone's opinion on this? Thanks for the replies!