PDA

View Full Version : frame color

yamahaman623
12-22-2008, 05:21 PM
i was going to paint my frame this winter and i wanted to know what color you guys think would look the best. its a blue yfz and i am going to get one industries graphics. i was thinking like a white wiht a blue flake but your help would be awesome. if you have any pics that would be great. thanks

#17YFZRACER
12-23-2008, 08:46 AM
id powder coat it. i just got my frame A-Arms tie rods and swing arm done transparent red for $240 + blasting. its worth it

yamahaman623
12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
where did you get your powder coating at. how much for just a arms, and were they stock a arms

#17YFZRACER
12-23-2008, 10:38 AM
i had sam slaymaker do mine. hes in mentone indiana. no my a-arms are +2 housers

yamahaman623
12-23-2008, 12:09 PM
can he do a arms without removable ball joints, or not. and does he have a web site or some way to contact

#17YFZRACER
12-24-2008, 08:17 AM
the only thing u can leave in them is the bearings. he heats everything up to 800 degrees to cook the paint off then he sand blasts everything. its alot of work but its worth it. u will have to press out any nylon bushings and any rubber plugs and stuff like that. and if u have ur swinger done make sure he doesnt cover the edges of the bearing carrier clamp. powder coat is real thick. when i put the carrier back in i had to sand and file for like 4 hours to get enough space back to put the snap ring back on.:mad: it sucked like a champ

Pappy
12-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by #17YFZRACER
when i put the carrier back in i had to sand and file for like 4 hours to get enough space back to put the snap ring back on.:mad: it sucked like a champ

thats why I take the 3 minutes to tape it off so my customers dont have to waste their time doing something the coater should have prevented;)

yamahaman623- a arms with out removable ball joints should not be coated. Check out my section if your looking for work to be done.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=62