PDA

View Full Version : apex 90

cpollyjr
12-22-2008, 02:39 PM
bought my daughter a new apex 90,we are running it on a tight mx track, cant seem to get her to hold the throttle down! how can i get it ti hit harder on bottom end ,already geared it down 2 teeth in the rear help!!!!!!!!:huh

ww228king
12-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by cpollyjr
bought my daughter a new apex 90,we are running it on a tight mx track, cant seem to get her to hold the throttle down! how can i get it ti hit harder on bottom end ,already geared it down 2 teeth in the rear help!!!!!!!!:huh

you need to add more teeth back on the rear.... lighter rollers with 2000rpm clutch springs... is a start

XXX -rider
12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Bribe her with candy, $'s & more toys !!:cool:
is this her first quad ?...hope not
or does she have MX experience & is ready for this "tight track " ?
IMO alot of times the answer to better riding / performance is
good pointers,encouragement &
... seat time , seat time & more ... seat time

neveready
12-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
IMO alot of times the answer to better riding / performance is
good pointers,encouragement &
... seat time , seat time & more ... seat time [/B]

VERY Well said;)

cpollyjr
12-22-2008, 06:37 PM
:D that may be it ,she had a 90 trx ,couldnt keep up so i bought what all the boys were running ,she does good one race and top4 then next time last! what do ya do!!??? lol

marsrace2
12-23-2008, 04:31 AM
definately sounds like she just needs more seat time but there is also alot of fime tuning you can do with the clutch when she is ready.

nordic quad
12-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Go back to stock sprocket and just try lighter rollers,we also race on tight mx tracks and once she gets more seat time she will pinn it,just watch the temp. on the rear clutch the springs may wear out faster

XXX -rider
12-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by cpollyjr
:D that may be it ,she had a 90 trx ,couldnt keep up so i bought what all the boys were running ,she does good one race and top4 then next time last! what do ya do!!??? lol
what do ya do ?.. as much as you can !!!...girls who want to race can be awesome ,...so keep standing behind her & she will surprise you sooner or later

..well she is definitely on a faster "racer" type machine than a mostly stock trx90 (assuming that what it was)..so I am sure there will be a transition time ,in my experience 2- 3 months of riding at least twice a week ,.. & being a 2 stroke w/more snap is also probably somewhat imtimadating for her also ..
.. she obviously has the racer attitude from what I am reading ..so give it time & she will come around ..

something else to consider ..let her see & run with some faster riders for practicing purposes then she will want to keep up & things will happen sooner from seeing & doing with the faster kids ..than riding alone (if she does ) ...for practice etc

BTW all these lil things worked well for my "lil racer" who is also a very competitive little GIRL ,...who also rides & races MX on KTM bikes & APEX quads .. with the boys ..

on a sidenote ,..I have noticed the girls who really want to race(vs being pushed into it ) sometimes feel they something to prove to the boys ,..so they are almost always
self motivated.

& just in case & maybe for more motivation check this thread of another girl racer on a APEX ;)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359365

ww228king
12-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
what do ya do ?.. as much as you can !!!...girls who want to race can be awesome ,...so keep standing behind her & she will surprise you sooner or later

..well she is definitely on a faster "racer" type machine than a mostly stock trx90 (assuming that what it was)..so I am sure there will be a transition time ,in my experience 2- 3 months of riding at least twice a week ,.. & being a 2 stroke w/more snap is also probably somewhat imtimadating for her also ..
.. she obviously has the racer attitude from what I am reading ..so give it time & she will come around ..

something else to consider ..let her see & run with some faster riders for practicing purposes then she will want to keep up & things will happen sooner from seeing & doing with the faster kids ..than riding alone (if she does ) ...for practice etc

BTW all these lil things worked well for my "lil racer" who is also a very competitive little GIRL ,...who also rides & races MX on KTM bikes & APEX quads .. with the boys ..

on a sidenote ,..I have noticed the girls who really want to race(vs being pushed into it ) sometimes feel they something to prove to the boys ,..so they are almost always
self motivated.

& just in case & maybe for more motivation check this thread of another girl racer on a APEX ;)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359365

well, if my son gets bored with racing i want a girl next...lol (just kidding) that is great guys...and girls..