PDA

View Full Version : New To This Forum

bigd's ex
12-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Just a little diddie to say "HELLO" and to say that this is by far the best forum going. I've been reading this for about a month now and have to tell ya, the info on here is great! I recently have gotten back into riding and have learned so much about my quad (07 400ex). Who needs to take there bike to the shop, when you can find what you need right here. A shop manual and a little mechanical ability and your're good to go. Once again " AWESOME " site. RIDE SAFE!!!!!

tyman2395
12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
welcome and good luck with your bike.

bigd's ex
12-22-2008, 10:30 PM
THANKS!

alberto
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Bigd's,

I couldnt agree with you more. I just started checking this formum a couple of months ago and I have learned so much. Welcome and good luck with your mods.

miller821
12-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Greetings... Post some pic's of your quad.

bigd's ex
12-23-2008, 08:19 AM
I have a new leftover 07 ex, still pretty much stock . Did put a Two Brothers M7 V.A.L.E, rejetted to a 172 main, uni filter, & an Outerwears cover on the air box. My wife said she would "CUT ME OFF" if you know what I mean, if I keep spending $ on my ex. But after Xmas WATCH OUT!!!. I've got some things i'm going to add. I"ll post some pics then. Hope everyone has a NICE XMAS!!!

bbender85
12-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by bigd's ex
...My wife said she would "CUT ME OFF" if you know what I mean, if I keep spending $ on my ex.

eh, you get used to it. :D

welcome to the forum; if you're worried about spending money leave now, cuz seeing everyone else's stuff won't help, haha.

bigd's ex
12-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Your're right, seeing other peoples quads and what mods they have made to them is amazing to me. The last time that I was into riding was in the early 90's. I had a 300ex that was totally stock, just hopped on and rode. Did'nt have any idea that this kinda stuff was even done. I enjoy looking at what everone else has done to their rides. I was impressed how strong my 400ex was just stock, but with the couple of mods I've done so far I can see why you do it. I know you can't do everything all at one time and I think thats a good thing because if you do it all at once that would take all the fun out of it. AFTER ALL IS'NT THATS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT.

racerdan24
12-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey Big...I know the feeling with the wife naggin', she just does'nt get it....Bought my 08 and have been adding parts ever since august.....$1000 bucks later and still adding stuff.....welcome to the forum and get some pics up will ya!!!!!!!

bigd's ex
12-24-2008, 09:12 PM
I'll get some pictures up next week, after I get some Christmas mods put on over the weekend. Have a nice Christmas.

alberto
12-24-2008, 09:25 PM
WOW!!!!! I guess I'm a lucky man cus my wife is totally into ATV's. She lets me spend money on mods and our whole family is into the sport. I will be getting her a new 400ex very soon. Do any of your wives ride? If not I would highly recommend that they get out and try it. " A FAMILY THAT RIDES TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER"
Not to mention girls look really hot in riding gear!!! LOL.

bigd's ex
12-24-2008, 10:24 PM
My wife is wanting to learn to ride. I plan on buying her one this spring and spending a lot of time with her on the trails. Kids are finally starting to leave the nest. It's our time now!!! Would love to mae a monthly trip to Hatfield & Mcoy since we only live 3 hrs away.

racerdan24
12-25-2008, 06:26 AM
My wife has noooooo interest in riding...i have no idea why...she has some sort of phobia..My 4 1/2 yer old son on the other hand cannot wait until he gets a Honda like dad....so all hope is not lost! Took me a month before she would even mention the word atv after i bought the quad.

12-25-2008, 08:27 AM
my wife rides very well...although we sold her 400ex last spring....now we wish that we had kept it

alberto
12-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I bought my first quad in 01 and my second in 05. It took a few years to get my wife into it, now shes hooked. I think she had a fear of getting hurt too, but she saw how much fun my son and I were having. Now we plan our vactions around ATV'n and riding. Its the best thing that could have happened to our family. Now Im working on my brother and his family. In fact my wife is COOL bout riding that in my stocking this morning was a $100 gift card for a local shop. :0)

Merry CHRISTMAS to you all and may all your riding trips be fun and safe!!!!!!!!!

bigd's ex
12-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Here's a picture of my ride, try to get more later

tri5ron
12-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey Bigd's,
Looks like the rims on your quad almost match the rims on your truck, LOL!
Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the disease.
Now repeat after me,.....

"Hello, my name is ******, I am an addict, I have A.A.D.S."

Ride hard, ride safe, and keep the rubber side down!

tyman2395
12-27-2008, 08:35 PM
nice bike man i love those rims. ITP SS :D

bigd's ex
12-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks, did'nt really .notice, they do kind of look a like in that lighting. They were XMAS goodies. Santa said he forgot to leave a few more things under the tree, but said he would mail them when he got back to the North Pole. Said I should get them sometime next week. lol. Dual Gasser, Pro Armor bumper, skid plate, & hand gaurds. You 're right I got the DISEASE real bad. It's definitely one I did'nt mind catchin. Sure hope they don't find a cure for it!!!!!!!!!!

tyman2395
12-27-2008, 11:02 PM
nice man post pics after that stuff please

tri5ron
12-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks, did'nt really .notice, they do kind of look a like in that lighting. They were XMAS goodies. Santa said he forgot to leave a few more things under the tree, but said he would mail them when he got back to the North Pole. Said I should get them sometime next week. lol. Dual Gasser, Pro Armor bumper, skid plate, & hand gaurds. You 're right I got the DISEASE real bad. It's definitely one I did'nt mind catchin. Sure hope they don't find a cure for it!!!!!!!!!!

We hold group support meetings on the 6th sunday of each month. We will not attept to cure you, like I said, it is a
S U P P O R T meeting.

Now start lookin'-n-shoppin' for your nerf bars, front shocks, a-arm guards, frame guards, swinger guard, Sparks key, clutch perch, p-brake block off, temp gauge dip stick, air scoops, cam, 450r carb, vapor computer, piaa lights, steering dampener, ........

Hello my name is, .......I have A.A.D.S.

bigd's ex
12-28-2008, 06:18 AM
ANYBODY HAVE SOME EXTRA $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$ WHERE ARE THESE MEETINGS HELD??

alberto
12-28-2008, 05:54 PM
very nice quad and truck. Looks like your well on your way to becoming an addict. :)

"MY NAME IS ALBERTO AND I TOO AM AN ADDICT".

trailhouseowner
01-02-2009, 10:35 AM
My wife is wanting to learn to ride. I plan on buying her one this spring and spending a lot of time with her on the trails. Kids are finally starting to leave the nest. It's our time now!!! Would love to mae a monthly trip to Hatfield & Mcoy since we only live 3 hrs away.

That's a great idea! Start off with the easiest trails at HM--Waterways and Pinnacle. Work your way up to the more difficult and more popular trails like the Browning Fork Trail. I know that you and your wife would have a ball!

bigd's ex
01-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks,
I'm really looking forward to getting down that way real soon. Could use a guide if your interested. Always looking for new people to ride with. Wife won't be riding till this spring, but I think I can manage without her till then. LOL.

trailhouseowner
01-03-2009, 02:58 PM
The trails are well marked. I really don't think that you would need a guide. Only licensed guides allowed to work on the HM Trails.

The price of a yearly instate permit is only $26.50. We sell them for the HM Trail Authority.

I can help you with a place to stay. And we have a Winter Discount until the last day of February.

www.browningforktrailhouse.com

rodeo#11
01-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Nice quad man the wheels look real sharp :D and nice truck i use to have the same thing, gotta love those danger rangers ;)

bigd's ex
01-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks RODEO, just got a few new mods on today. Hand gaurds, skid plate, bumper, all Pro Armor, Pro Taper bars and grips. Waiting on Dual Gasser throttle and Invision Powersports graphics. If you have'nt seen there graphics you need to check them out. I got the Joker set, there pretty crazy.

Trailhouseowner, you'll be hearing from me in the near future!!!!

tri5ron
01-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Ahh,
The disease is in full force,
there's no turning back now...

rodeo#11
01-04-2009, 12:22 AM
there really is no cure for it either.... just gotta let it run its course, that or have the gf/wife slap the sh** outta ya and tell ya to stop wasting money on the quad... it only takes one slap usually:ermm: lol

tri5ron
01-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by rodeo#11
there really is no cure for it either.... just gotta let it run its course, that or have the gf/wife slap the sh** outta ya and tell ya to stop wasting money on the quad... it only takes one slap usually:ermm: lol

Nope, slaps don't work.
Wife tried beating it out of me with a 2x4, all it did was break the board,
then she said if I didn't stop she was going to leave me.

Damn, I'm gonna miss her,... she was a great cook.

bigd's ex
01-04-2009, 07:37 AM
My wife wants to know when I was gonna start sleepin with my bike. I told her she did'nt have to worry about that. IT WAS TO COLD OUT AND I COULD'NT GET IT THROUGH THE DOOR!!! LOL

I also think I found a cure for AADS, I ran out of $$$$.

tri5ron
01-04-2009, 10:34 AM
My wife wants to know when I was gonna start sleepin with my bike. I told her she did'nt have to worry about that. IT WAS TO COLD OUT AND I COULD'NT GET IT THROUGH THE DOOR!!! LOL

I also think I found a cure for AADS, I ran out of $$$$.

LOL!, but I'm sure you at least plugged in a space heater in the garage, so the quad can stay warm too.
Much like a woman,....they do ride better when they know they are loved, ya' know!

Nope, that dosen't work either.
It only puts it into a temporary dormant state, but BE CAREFUL with this, you can not let it sit in a dormant state for too long, due to it willbuild up unbeliveable amount of pressure which eventually leads to a massive and rapid release of pressure. this is commonly referred to as...

"Gee honey, I just dont know what happened, I was driving by the parts house today and somehow the bank account got overdrawn"

If you let the pressure get Dangerously too high it can actually VAPORIZE credit cards right before your eyes, and your entire wallet to turn into dust right in your pocket.

This usually leads to actions such as family heirlooms and your wifes finer jewelery being put on Craigslist to trade for atv parts, or Ebay to raise more "quad cash".

obviously this can al lead to emotional strains on any relationship, and can be the **beginning of the end** for most couples.

so therefor, explain to your wife that it in the overall best intrest in your relationship, AND your marrarige, that you continue to
"Feed the Beast", that now lives within you.
Explain to her that you have learned here, that there is simply NOTHING you can do about it, and since you love HER, you are commited to the continual search for more quad parts.

tell her that it is the best thing for HER intrest's.

(pm me back with her responce, cuz' I wanna' know how well it works before I try it on MY wife).

3or4HONDA
01-04-2009, 11:04 AM
hmmmm you guys have really taught me a lesson here...

the lesson is that as long as she is just my gf i can buy parts whenever i want. so when is comes down to it....marriage or parts....well thats a no brainer!

i can only imagine how much stuff i can get for the price of a engagement ring!! :)

bbender85
01-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by 3or4HONDA
i can only imagine how much stuff i can get for the price of a engagement ring!! :)

true that brother... i might have a reduction in parts-buying this spring... not good!!!

3or4HONDA
01-04-2009, 12:04 PM
OOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO!!!!! lol :) Good luck brotha

tri5ron
01-04-2009, 12:34 PM
hmmmm you guys have really taught me a lesson here...

the lesson is that as long as she is just my gf i can buy parts whenever i want. so when is comes down to it....marriage or parts....well thats a no brainer!

3or4,
Good for you!, you are learning, and coming to terms with the terminal affliction.

If She is worth keeping, She will love you for who you are, and all the things that control your actions.
A.A.D.S. is with you for life, it is TERMINAL, There is NO Cure...

I'm sure she will understand, and settle for a Cubic Zirconia, from Walmart.

3or4HONDA
01-04-2009, 12:47 PM
i wish it would just spread by contact then i could just get her a quad instead of a ring AAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHHHHAHAHHHA:devil:

tri5ron
01-04-2009, 01:00 PM
You are truly on the right track, and properly dealing with this,
here's what I did,
so far so good...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_73171.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_72991.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_73081.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_7326.jpg

3or4HONDA
01-04-2009, 01:04 PM
i believe the cooler is key......:macho

tri5ron
01-04-2009, 01:23 PM
i believe the cooler is key......:macho

YES !, but here's the problem,...

Since A.A.D.S. knows NO limits,....
now it looks like THIS!>>>
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_8852.jpg

01-04-2009, 01:27 PM
I see a bigger problem on that quad lol the nerfs are so tiny how do you get your foot under the shifter?

3or4HONDA
01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Tri5ron two words....poster child :D
gotta love it

3or4HONDA
01-04-2009, 01:42 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/michfan4432/tri5ron.jpg

bigd's ex
01-04-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm gonna need one of those to put my clothes in.LOL!!!!!!

tri5ron
01-04-2009, 08:17 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/michfan4432/tri5ron.jpg

OMG! ROTFLMF'nAO !

I think I need to go to the emergency room to get checked out.
Pretty sure I just cracked a few ribs!
I havent laughed that hard in a long time!

That is Hilarious! Thanks,
I'm going to have to save that to my computer,
Absolutely Classic!

Speedy 400ex
01-04-2009, 10:39 PM
This thred is hilarious!! Im going to die. LOL. For i to am a sufferer. I currently have a dirt bike to...its not helping.lol

Bigd's ex, nice bike!

CK1999.400ex
01-04-2009, 11:12 PM
O man i love this !!! you guys r great !!! i have the addiction also and now im in trouble lol !!! ive got it so bad that my son got a new quad for christmas.. and my 1999 400ex didnt look like this 3 months ago!! it only had a slip on, and a bigger bore piston !!! lol now its got a 2007 motor and plastic and alot more goodies on it and in it lol

CK1999.400ex
01-04-2009, 11:15 PM
1 more of the front of it lol!!!

bigd's ex
01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
" ANYONE WANT TO SHARE AN APARTMENT" L.O.L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3or4HONDA
01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
i thought you might like that :D

CK1999.400ex
01-05-2009, 03:29 PM
if this madness continues my son and I will b looking for a place also but we will need a 3 car garage just 2 put all of our toys in lol :devil: :blah:

alberto
01-05-2009, 10:18 PM
BIGD,

Your the one that started this mess! Are you going to sponser us all?:) Between the lousy XMAS gifts I gave the wife and the endless hour and dollars I spend on my quads not to mention this site. I think my addiction is getting the BEST of me and I love it.:devil:

bigd's ex
01-06-2009, 03:12 AM
Since we all know that I can't afford to pay for everyones ADDICTION, I have an idea on how to get us out of this mess were're in." I THINK I MAY OF HAD ALITTLE HELP ON THIS ONE"

GOTTA GO HERE SHE COMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

bigd's ex
01-07-2009, 03:09 AM
OK, here's what we do. For as widespread as this disease is, if we to all addicts, I bet we would all be rich. lol

bigd's ex
01-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Sell stickers to all the addicts. ( MY BAD)^^^^

CK1999.400ex
01-07-2009, 06:41 AM
hey bigd my aunt has a business doing vinal stickers so i can get them made fairly easy and cheap lol let me know what we are going to put on them and ill see what it will cost lol

qballd50
01-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi! I'm New Here and My First Race will Be Jan 31st of 2009 In Murray Ky. Indoor race! I have a 2007 400ex. Its pretty much stock but i have a DG slipon and a 152 jet to put on it and racing dunlops that i bought from Joe Byrd. I have Nerf bars and a racing front bumper made by Motosport. Putting my numbers on this weekend and putting on my Kill Switch. Any body have any pointers for my first Race. Just wanting to have fun Not in it for the money!
Thanks Robby Hill

tri5ron
01-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by CK1999.400ex
hey bigd my aunt has a business doing vinal stickers so i can get them made fairly easy and cheap lol let me know what we are going to put on them and ill see what it will cost lol
I may be one step ahead of you there, I've been coming up with a few ideas on them already, but anyone who wants to toss out some more ideas is welcome to....

CK1999.400ex
01-07-2009, 08:46 AM
ok well i have access to get them made so if u finally deside on what u want them to look like i can get them made reasonable ... if u want you can email me with the ideas or what ever ok

thanks
Chris

alberto
01-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm not into stickers,but I would sport one. I think it would be much cooler than one of those "GOT MUD", or " GOT QUAD" stickers you see all over the place. Let me know I would be proud to sport an A.A.D.S badge. :devil:

CK1999.400ex
01-17-2009, 07:51 PM
well i got my Itp T9 pro polished wheels in the mail a few days ago lol now im looking for some tires to put on them ... darn the A.A.D.S lol it never stops ...........

racerdan24
01-17-2009, 08:00 PM
I went with the same rims....very sweet....i ordered the set of rims and holeshots when i got mine....Any idea what ones you are leaning towrads?

CK1999.400ex
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
BUMP LOL A.A.D.S. BUMP

well the A.A.D.S. is in full swing again lol.. i just bought another set of rear wheels and tires on ebay again today lol ... got a real good deal on them lol douglas wheels and turf tamer tires for 25.00 pluss shipping lol just had to have that deal lol...

racerdan24
01-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh man you do have the disease......i had a relapse myself and got my exhaust after i said i would wait until spring....Is there no cure????

CK1999.400ex
01-22-2009, 05:56 PM
nope no cure and the bad thing is im gonna buy another set monday or tuesday lol from a member on here lol .... i got it real bad and my ups man hates me lol........

the real bad thing is i buy atleast 1 item a week ..... go figure Y my ups man hates me lol

racerdan24
01-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Never a bad thing when the UPS guy knows you by name! How many sets of tires and rims are you up to???

CK1999.400ex
01-22-2009, 06:35 PM
well i think wheels and tireS are like the shoes a woman buys you never can have to many lol roflmao !!!

but any way i have 6 sets (pairs) for the rear and 4 sets (pairs) for the front !!! and im still looking for more ...i have several that are terrain specific!!! so i need more for what ever i deside to go and ride on terrain wise lol im going to get a set of duel beadlocks here some day lol but i have to put a little money back a little bit at a time so the other half dosent notice that i am spending that much on wheels lol (hypers are not cheap)

racerdan24
01-22-2009, 06:37 PM
LOL...your as bad as me...my wife can't tell when i add something to it or not....i think im set for a bit now....i have to get the exhaust on and run it a bit...its been too damn cold to even go out on it.

CK1999.400ex
01-22-2009, 06:43 PM
its been pretty cold here also but its pretty bad lol i have spent about $2500.00 on mine sence october and only have had it out 3 times sence the first of the year lol so i know the feeling lol

racerdan24
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
i have been travelin alot for work the last month and have been out for about 20 minutes and thats it since thanksgiving....I have to say i am up to about 1800 myself....

alberto
01-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I LOVE IT:devil: Were all out of control!!!!!!!!! HERE IS WHAT MY ADDICTIONS HAS MADE ME DO:

ASV LEVERS
RENTAL HANDLE BARS
SIDEWINDER SPROCKET FT/RR/CHAIN
BEARING CARRIER

That should be enough until spring:)

CK1999.400ex
01-23-2009, 10:58 PM
nope thats not enough break out the plastic and close the savings account and go hogg wild lol

oh and by the way im layed off work rite now also so i have been parting things out on ebay and other places like on here lol just to keep the habit going lol

racerdan24
01-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Alberto,alberto,alberto.....my head bows in shame to you.....YOU WILL BUY MORE BEFORE SPRING!!!! I said the same thing and just bought and installed my slip on.....couldnt wait but WOW is it snappy now!

racerdan24
01-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey CK.....your not part of the RV industry layoffs in Indiana are you?

CK1999.400ex
01-23-2009, 11:11 PM
yup it never ends and never slows down it just keeps getting more expensive lol and eventually you will need a bigger motor or even a machine with a bigger motor ....lol

racerdan24
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
hate to see you laid off...Im in the RV industry here in the Northeast and know alot of people that work in the RV industry in Elkhart and Middlebury that are in deep trouble....Thank god i deal with aftermarket parts so its not that bad for me yet.....

CK1999.400ex
01-24-2009, 06:25 PM
that darn A.A.D.S. struck again !!!!!!!!!!!

i got another part on ebay again 2day lol

racerdan24
01-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Oh no.....Its back...............

CK1999.400ex
01-25-2009, 10:46 AM
oops i got caught by the other half and got in trouble for spending money on parts lol so i wont be able to buy any for a while ....

i will only be able to use any money i have on paypal from selling parts on here or ebay

BUSTED

bigd's ex
01-25-2009, 11:38 AM
WOW, looks like the disease is still alive and well, and spreading like wildfire!!!!!! My computer bit the dust from being on it so much because of this ADDICTION. I am on my daughters now, but I'm only allowed on it a few minutes at a time. She does'nt want it ruining hers.LOL. This addiction is getting the best of me. It's costing me way more than my last addiction, but hey at least this one's legal. ( HA HA )!!!!!!!!!!!! I've lost track of how much I've got into mine now. Pushin around 1500-2000 (OUCH)!!! When I get my computer back I'll post some pics. Don't know how well you guys will like it, but it looks real sweet to me. I also hate to see you get laid off, I work construction and being laid off is a part of life. HANG in there cause something always comes up!!
Gotta go, daughter wants her computer back.

HELP ME PLEASE I NEED MORE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bigd's ex
01-25-2009, 11:48 AM
PS, going to look for a ride today for my wife. Hopefully this disease I give her she'll like LOL!!!!

alberto
01-26-2009, 12:08 AM
bigd's ex,

That is great news that you are bringing your wife into the wonderful world of A.A.D.S:devil:

As for my A.A.D.S, I know I will be buying more stuff before spring. I just dont know what to get next. I was thinking bout a complete tear down and rebuild. I think that would be the ultimate A.A.D.S move.

I am so sorry to here that you guys are being affectied by the state of the economy. My wife also got some bad news on FRIDAY.

bigd's ex
01-26-2009, 05:01 PM
alberto,

Something tells me you'll be buying more stuff before the end of the week, lol. Look to pick up wifes 250ex by the weekend.

Hope everything works out with your wife.

alberto
01-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I think everything will be OK. Too cool about your wife:) You will have to post pics of her on her new toy and post her progress with her addiction. I would love to get my wife a new 400EX. I asked her if she wanted a new car or quad and she gave me a look of "well maybe". Who knows.

racerdan24
01-26-2009, 10:24 PM
alberto,

In woman lingo ...thats a yes...now you get to figure out what she REALLY wants....Car or Quad!

bigd's ex
02-01-2009, 08:02 AM
" THE ADDICTION CONTINUES "

Finally picked up a new 07 250ex for my wife this week. Don't think she'll become a full blown addict like the rest of us are, said she did'nt want allthat stuff on her bike.LOL. Thats ok though, means I can spend more on mine. ha ha

bigd's ex
02-01-2009, 08:02 AM

Finally picked up a new 07 250ex for my wife this week. Don't think she'll become a full blown addict like the rest of us are, said she did'nt want allthat stuff on her bike.LOL. Thats ok though, means I can spend more on mine. ha ha

tri5ron
02-01-2009, 11:28 AM

donnie, Donnie, DONNIE !!!,

Have you learned NOTHING here?
A.A.D.S., is not a "her" thing.....
It's a "YOUR" thing.

Besides, now there is another Quad hanging around the house that needs to be kept happy.
Much like a woman,... a Quad must also be kept happy, ....or YOU will be kept UNhappy.

Let me try to explain,....
A Quad, and a Woman have certain similarities.
They both also have certain needs.
They ALSO have certain rules, that you will either learn to LIVE WITH.... or,...ELSE !

Example-
They are both a BLAST to ride, ... they both gyrate, and turn, vibrate and spin, and slide all around. They both like being told that they have a Great looking "rack", and a cute little "caboose".
When they are stepping out,...
Sporting a brand new "Purse", makes them feel good about themselfs.

Just climbing on top of either one, starts your heart to pounding before you even get started.

They both like to make a little noise.
They both go up,... and down, and get your heartbeat racing, and raising your body tempurature.
and they both probably enjoy it all, just as much as you do,... but they are both a little less vocal about it.

Most of US,... (the riders),....
Spend all kinds of cash on them,
just to be able to CONTINUE, to do these things.....

TO KEEP THEM HAPPY.

If you DO NOT keep them happy, THEY will MOST CERTAINLY make it a point to keep YOU, UNHAPPY.

Therefore, You MUST spend the cash, or ELSE!
(is this starting to make a little more sense to you now???)
(are You begining to understand now ???)

So if you are a intellegent "Rider",...
You will shower the same treatment on them both. This will continue to insure happy and healthy relationship with them both, and hence...
You will be welcome to continue to Ride.
(are you "getting" any of this yet???)

I have personal experience with exactally the same models as you have,...
so I know what I'm talking about.

Here's a little test for you to try, and you'll undoubtedly see the similarities.

Just take it upon your self to go out and buy either one of them, a nice new "Purse" that suits her PERFECTLY.
Something that is color matching,...
handles everything that needs to be carried with them, during their normal daily activities,...
and makes it easy for them to be the envy of all the other women/quads, out on the "trail".

then just WATCH how quickly they will want to take YOU for another "RIDE !".

Below are some pics of my wifes "HAPPY" Quad, and it "Rides" quite well, I might add.
(which, by the way, is also a 250 EX, ...just like you now have, and now... must ALSO, Keep Happy)

Clean and Smooth...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_72991.jpg

Rock Solid tail end...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_73001.jpg

Sweet profile...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_73071.jpg

Attention to the little things...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_73121.jpg

Nice Rack....
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/03%20400ex/IMG_8210.jpg

New Purse, and a little Manicure...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_8850.jpg

Sweet little Caboose...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_8266.jpg

Some nice new Fashion Wear and,........LETS RIDE !!!
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_7326.jpg

Now, go out, and NURTURE, that Happy and Healthy Relationship. Keep them BOTH smiling, and looking good, and you will have YEARS of Happy and Exilariting "Rides" ahead.
Trust me, it works.

Remember,...
This is a S U P P O R T group, ...
I'm only here to help...

Ride Hard, Ride Fast, Stay Sweaty,
and keep the rubber side down.

Ron,
President, & Supreme Poo-Baah of,
The Coalition of A.A.D.S. Riders of America

bigd's ex
02-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Thank you " OH SUPREME POOH-BAH " for helping me to see the light!!!!! I better start getting myself in alot better shape, now that I'm going to be doing all of this riding.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, If ya need a vice president let me know.

racerdan24
02-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Ron.....thats some funny S**T...LOL...I am pasting that into my facebook page......

tri5ron
02-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Donnie,
Your welcome.
just hang in there, and I'll help get you through all this.

Dan,
no problem.
just at least remember to give me the credit for writing it.

Ron
Supreme Poo-Baah for
The Coalition of A.A.D.S. Riders or America

alberto
02-01-2009, 05:03 PM
tri5ron,

O.M.G.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the best THREAD ever. Your words of wisedom are reasurring and wise :D

This some of the funniest stuff ever:)

bigd's ex
02-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Ron,

Just to let you know, I do wear my helmet every riding session!!!!

tri5ron
02-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Donnie,
I'm assuming, naturally, That you do use a "Full Face" helmet.
And not some half coverage POS.

CK1999.400ex
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
well i snuck arround and bought 2 more pairs of tires and wheels lol .. i used money i had on my paypall that the wifey didnt know about lol so im still in the clear lol .. i juas cant help it ...i gotta have something new every week ..... lol so i guess il see what im gonna get next lol ...

CK1999.400ex <<<< needs some help !!!!! getting hung by the A.A.D.S.

bigd's ex
02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Ron,

I do wear a full face, but I don't wear goggles because they obstruct my vision. Gotta see what your're doin, I mean goin!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

CK,

We're here to help you man! All in this together like one big happy family, or at least till the wives find out. Bought some much stuff lately I've forgotten what half of it is.LOL. Did put a set of HLS ENHANCED shocks and warning labels on today. Got a Sparks key ordered. Will the madness ever end?
"HELP US OH SUPREME POOH-BAH, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tri5ron
02-06-2009, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigd's ex
[B]Ron,

I do wear a full face, but I don't wear goggles because they obstruct my vision. Gotta see what your're doin, I mean goin!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Donnie,
I know what you mean, and sometimes I have to do the same.
Especially when the goggles start getting all steamed up,...
Uhh, err,....
I mean dusty, yeah, that's it, Dusty.

BTW- is the 250ex getting any "Happier?"
sometimes it's a good idea to just go out and stroke them, err, I mean IT,.. stroke IT, on the "seat".

and remember to only use something wet and soft to clean the headlights..... err,.... headLIGHT.

That way, when it's on "Highbeam", you get the most "Benefit".

bigd's ex
02-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Not real happy this week, I think she needs an oil change. Been really cold here these last few days, can't seem to get her warmed up to take her for a long ride, heck even a short ride for that matter. Headlights won't turn on either!!! Gonna have to ride solo till that oil change is done. LOL:ermm:

tri5ron
02-06-2009, 08:10 PM
maybe you could just send her, uhmm, IT, over to the quad spa, err, shop.
some of the better shops even can offer you a loaner quad to ride, while your regular one is getting fixed up.

But NEVER EVER let the regular quad,
find out about the loaner quad.

This can make the regular quad VERY upset, and it just never seems to ride the same from then on. No matter what you say to it...
It's like it just holds it over your head for the rest of eternity.

You try to start it, and it just sits there and backfires, or even worse, its battery will just always seem to be completely dead, no matter how much you try to put a charge into it.

Sure,... You can try to talk your way out of it.

You can try to explain that you really, Really, REALLY just went for one tiny, little, itty-bitty, ride on the loaner quad,
and didn't even take it to all of your favorite trails.

that it was just a one time ride, that didn't mean anything,
and it didn't ride anywhere NEAR as well as the regular quad.

You can explain that it had a softer seat with no lumps, and that it's suspension was WAY too firm for your liking, it's headlights were WAAAAY to big, it's rear axle was much narrower and you promise to never ride it again....
but it will all be wasted breath, and do you no good.

So like I said before,
if you DO get a loaner quad for a day or two,....
make sure that the regular quad DOES NOT find out.

CK1999.400ex
02-06-2009, 08:19 PM
this is just 2 FUNNY LOL

you guys ROCK LOL

KEEP UP THE FUNNY SH/ITE ON THIS SITE LOL

racerdan24
02-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
maybe you could just send her, uhmm, IT, over to the quad spa, err, shop.
some of the better shops even can offer you a loaner quad to ride, while your regular one is getting fixed up.

But NEVER EVER let the regular quad,
find out about the loaner quad.

This can make the regular quad VERY upset, and it just never seems to ride the same from then on. No matter what you say to it...
It's like it just holds it over your head for the rest of eternity.

You try to start it, and it just sits there and backfires, or even worse, its battery will just always seem to be completely dead, no matter how much you try to put a charge into it.

Sure,... You can try to talk your way out of it.

You can try to explain that you really, Really, REALLY just went for one tiny, little, itty-bitty, ride on the loaner quad,
and didn't even take it to all of your favorite trails.

that it was just a one time ride, that didn't mean anything,
and it didn't ride anywhere NEAR as well as the regular quad.

You can explain that it had a softer seat with no lumps, and that it's suspension was WAY too firm for your liking, it's headlights were WAAAAY to big, it's rear axle was much narrower and you promise to never ride it again....
but it will all be wasted breath, and do you no good.

So like I said before,
if you DO get a loaner quad for a day or two,....
make sure that the regular quad DOES NOT find out.

Ummmmm....are we still taking quads or women?

tri5ron
02-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by racerdan24
Ummmmm....are we still taking quads or women?

Well seeing as how this IS a quad forum,... what do you Think ?

Of Course we're talking about his Quad,.....
SHEESH !,
Some People... !
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

(your not buying any of that,...... ARE you ??):D

racerdan24
02-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Naaahhhh...just sounded like me back in the day......lol...just some real funny sh+t.....Shhhhhh i really do talk to my quad!

bigd's ex
02-07-2009, 03:22 AM
I use to have one of those loaners, and man did she "PURRRR" like a kitten when you got her warmed up and went on one of those long slow NATURE RIDES. She had big bright headlights, a nice soft narrow seat, AHHH the memories I keep in my mind of that gir, uh I mean that bike. She had a wheel missin though, every time we went for a ride she just kept goin in circles. So I traded her in for my current , AAAHEM BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tri5ron
02-07-2009, 06:49 PM
I use to have one of those loaners, and man did she "PURRRR" like a kitten when you got her warmed up and went on one of those long slow NATURE RIDES. She had big bright headlights, a nice soft narrow seat, AHHH the memories I keep in my mind of that gir, uh I mean that bike. She had a wheel missin though, every time we went for a ride she just kept goin in circles. So I traded her in for my current , AAAHEM BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what your trying to tell us is that your current ....... "Bike",
Dosen't Run you around in Circles??

Sorry, I'm not buying that.
Remember, I Too, am also Marrie,... err, ... I mean, a "bike owner".
:D :blah: :D :blah: :D :blah:

bigd's ex
02-08-2009, 03:00 AM
She , I mean it does take me in circles from time to time, but seeming to have alot more "BUMP STEER, ARM & HAND" fatigue with this wi, I mean bike!!!!!!!!!!

PS,

Bout time to stop letting her, I mean it read this thread. LOL:grr: :grr:

tri5ron
02-08-2009, 10:15 AM
LOL!
Tell it that it's all just in fun,
And you couldn't be happier with any other quad in the world.

Take it out to a nice restura,..... gas station, and fill it up with some fresh high octane fuel, top it off with a few shots of octane booster,.....
and take it out for a good, fun, ride.
you'll both feel Great afterwards.

Remember that the quad can ALWAYS go for a longer ride, and hold up better than you you can, and usually prefers a nice, long, ride, as preferred to some rough little quicky ride that it dosen't even get warmed up doing.

Some times it's alot of fun to let the quad take the lead, and let it go wherever it wants, with you just as the passenger.

Just hang on for as long as you can, and Enjoy the Ride !!!

But be very careful, and make sure you ride with your helmet, unless you want alot more quads to be joining you very soon.....

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/IMG_9078.jpg

bigd's ex
02-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Good idea, "VIAGRA, YEAH VIAGRA." Long ride yeah.!!!!!!!!!!

Nice family you got there. I hope that if I ever grow up I'm just like you. You're my new idol. LOL!!!!!!!

tri5ron
02-08-2009, 02:17 PM
ROTFL !!!!

Be careful not to put too much Viag..., errr, Booster, in the fuel tank.
I belive there is some sort of warning about that.

Something about Rides lasting more than 5 or 6 hours,
(or something like that...)

you are advised to notify your Mechanic,
( or something like that...)

otherwise you could do permenant damage to Your quad.

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

(or something like that...)

LOL !!!

rob_990
02-08-2009, 02:50 PM
hahaha

bigd's ex
02-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh SUPREME POOH-BAH

I'm out of booster," WHAT DO I DO NOW"?:confused:

tri5ron
02-08-2009, 05:00 PM
O.K.,
now do Exactally as I say, and everything will work fine.

First, Go get 2 popsickle sticks, ...and a roll of Duct Tape ...

Wait, wait,... no... Forget that idea,...
Uhmm,....

Ahh Heck,...
I guess your going to just have to Ride on the Regular gas.
and you may need to drop down to a cooler spark plug.
It may not be quite as "perky", and probably wont perform quite as well,...
but if you take your time, and go easy, you still should be able to make it all the way along the trail.

you'll undoubtedly need to go at it a little slower, But at least you have a lesser chance of damaging either of the quads.

It may be time for you to start considering the purchase of a "Higher lift cam", that also has a little more "Duration".

one of the most popular ones is the "Hot Cam" and they come in various "Stages",... 1,.... 2,.... 3,....

I myself, think I prefer the "Sparks" cam, due to, I've heard that it has a "Harder" surface on the "Lobes", and will last "Longer", as long as you also upgrade the "Rock ers" at the same time.

Stick to the stage one level, and you'll notice most of the improved "Thrust" will be gained in the "lower end", without changing your max "Revs" as you "Run it out" on the "top side".

The "Sparky" cost's a bit more, but at our age, I'm looking for the "Longevity", not just the "Cheap thrills".

Keep us posted,...
and let us know how it goes.

Remember, I'm always here for you... I won't leave you "hangin'", and I'll never let you "down".

Ron
President, & Supreme Pooh-Baah of
The Coalition of A.A.D.S. riders of America

bigd's ex
02-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Thank you for you're words of wisdom " OH SUPREME POOH-BAH".
I plan on taking a long ride this evening. I am sure that with you're advice it will be an enjoyable one. Just hope I don't fall off of my bike!!!! Think I'll try the HOT CAM method. LOL.

tri5ron
02-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Sounds good,
Just start off easy,
and let 'er get good and warmed up,...
before your start "bangin' gears".

Dont want you to miss a shift, and then "Over-Rev" it too soon, and go flying off the seat .

Remember the old story about the 2 quads sittin' out in the field?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is this Older experineced quad, and a Young hotrod quad,...
The Younger quad says to the Older quad,...

"What do ya say we go flying down this hill, and go "Race" us one of them cutie little quads down there???"

Then the Older quad says....

"How about we CRUISE down this hill and go "RACE 'EM ALL!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(and to all you "Younger quads" out there, who are following this thread, but dont know of this old story....
Go ask your Dad's about the story,.... BUT, make sure your Mom's are not in the room!)

ROTFLMF'N AO !!!!!!!

bigd's ex
02-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Tried goin for that ride last nite, but had no luck. I applied every bit of advice you gave me & "NOTHIN". Could'nt get her, I mean it warmed up for anything. I installed a larger slow jet, the hot cam & even polished the headlights. " SHE MUST BE FLOODED", cause when I put my head down to check out her, I mean it's engine, I could smell lots of gas.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll let her sit for the day & try again tonight.

tri5ron
02-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Tried goin for that ride last nite, but had no luck. I applied every bit of advice you gave me & "NOTHIN". Could'nt get her, I mean it warmed up for anything. I installed a larger slow jet, the hot cam & even polished the headlights. " SHE MUST BE FLOODED", cause when I put my head down to check out her, I mean it's engine, I could smell lots of gas.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll let her sit for the day & try again tonight.

LOL!
Sounds like your doing everything right.
almost has me stumped... is the fuel filter clean?

Have you checked both the Intake AND the Exhaust, to see is they are clogged?...

and yeah, I think your right about you'd better not be letting your 250ex read any more of this thread....
I've got a feeling that if it was to ever meet me, I'd be getting a cast iron fryin' pan upside my head, (heck, BOTH our heads)!!!

LOL!!!

bigd's ex
02-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I give up, I'm buyin a " BLOW-UP" doll, I mean bike:cuss: LOL!!!

tri5ron
02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Here ya Go.......
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/inflatableatv.jpg

CK1999.400ex
02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
HA HA HA GOOD 1

bigd's ex
02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Ron,

I knew I could count on you, can I get one of those with a soft narrow seat, hot cam & 2 big bright shiney headlights!!!!!!!!! LOL

PS,
"YOU'RE A FREAKIN NUT":D :D

tri5ron
02-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Ron,

I knew I could count on you, can I get one of those with a soft narrow seat, hot cam & 2 big bright shiney headlights!!!!!!!!! LOL

Gimmie a minute, I'll see what I can come up with...

PS,
"YOU'RE A FREAKIN NUT":D :D [COLOR=orangered][COLOR=orangered]

Thanks! I work very hard to maintain my reputation ! LOL!!!

bigd's ex
02-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Definitely maintaining it very well I must say!!!

tri5ron
02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
found one.
It's got just what your lookin' for....

A nice Big pair of headlights, Soft narrow seat, and a Huge Rack.

http://www.actioninflatables.com/c-atv.htm

(cant wait to see a pic of you "Mounting" it),
LOL LOL LOL!!!

Ron
President, & Supreme Pooh-Baah of
The Coailition of A.A.D.S. Riders of America

alberto
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
OMG, gentlemen I cant believe that this thread has gone 10pages. This is by far the best thread on this forum. Keep it coming. Let see if we can reach 20 pages.

CK1999.400ex
02-10-2009, 10:47 PM
that is a kool inflatable i just might have to get 1 of thoes to sleep on if i keep buying parts lol

O by the way did you guys look at the post i made of my 7 yr old riding my 400ex in the snow ??? !!!

my boy likes to read what you guys think of him on it tearing up the snow/yard lol !!!

bigd's ex
02-10-2009, 11:37 PM
POOH-BAH,

"OH MAN SHE'S SO BEAUTFUL"!!!!!!!!!!! She's everything I ever wanted, & a RED HEAD too. Slim lookin seat, smokin body, & those headlights are "THE BOMB". I think I'm in love. Bet I can ride'er all day long & she'd never complain. :macho
Thank you, Once again you've came through. LOL.

CK,

Have seen your pics of your son & I think it's cool that he can ride your bike, Just please be careful with him.

tri5ron
02-10-2009, 11:54 PM
POOH-BAH,

"OH MAN SHE'S SO BEAUTFUL"!!!!!!!!!!! She's everything I ever wanted, & a RED HEAD too. Slim lookin seat, smokin body, & those headlights are "THE BOMB". I think I'm in love. Bet I can ride'er all day long & she'd never complain. :macho
Thank you, Once again you've came through. LOL.

CK,

Have seen your pics of your son & I think it's cool that he can ride your bike, Just please be careful with him.

Yep,
Nice big Rack up front, with the Highbeamers pokin' through!
I'm a sucker for redheads too!

CK1999.400ex
02-10-2009, 11:54 PM
O i am he is only limited to first gear and loose terrain lol like the snow and soft sand lol he has ridden my old 300ex a few times also ... and he knows how to stop it very well and kill the motor lol ... plus he also knows to pull the lill teather ...

bigd's ex
02-11-2009, 12:08 AM
That's good to hear. :)

bigd's ex
02-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Valentines Ride, "MAYBE" LOL!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

alberto
02-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Well gents I made the ultimate valentines day purchase. She got an 05 400EX. Wow, I havent seen her that excited in a while. We are planing a valentines day ride. Its a little off topic, but I had to share the news. I will let you all know it goes.

bigd's ex
02-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Alberto,

That's great you bought your wife a bike. We want all the details of you and your wifes ride. " A VIDEO OF IT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Sorry bout that, ha ha , I'm just so excited that me and my wife might be going on that "LONG SLOW RIDE" tonight our selves. Might have to use the GO PRO also. LOL.

bigd's ex
02-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Alberto,

That's great you bought your wife a bike. We want all the details of you and your wifes ride. " A VIDEO OF IT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Sorry bout that, ha ha , I'm just so excited that me and my wife might be going on that "LONG SLOW RIDE" tonight our selves. Might have to use the GO PRO also. LOL.:macho

bigd's ex
02-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Sorry about the x2

CK1999.400ex
02-14-2009, 10:37 AM
ok the A.A.D.S addiction is
getting so bad that it drove me over the edge !!!

tri5ron
02-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Well we went for a very fun ride this morning...

The sun was just starting to come up, and the riding area seemd just prime for a good long ride.
I took off taking some laps around the two hills that are near the top of the riding area, started out kinda slow to get all warmed up, then was just going around and around working my way up to the tops.

kinda of odd, but I swaer that with each lap I took around the hills, the peaks just kept getting taller and taller. So just shifted into another gear and went straight up.

Made it to the top, and was jumping from one peak to the other for a while, had a great time there, then decided to head down the mountains and across the flats. did a few donuts, and ripped through the hard pack, and was just having a blast.

all of a sudden the 400ex started to get a little squirrly and flipped over, and ended and getting all tangled up with the 250ex on top!
got a bit wild there for a few minutes, and the 250 was stuck on a log. somehow the log was stuck in the intake, but it kept on running fine and even seemed to pick up a few rpm's.!
It kept rocking back and forth on the log, and after a few minutes it came free, and I was back up and running hard.

banged a couple of gears as I was heading down into the valley at top speed, and I could tell that I was right on top of my game. all the brush had been trimmed nicely, and I could see everywhere I was going. spent quite a bit of time riding the whoop-de-do's, and the 250 wanted to keep going faster and faster! I couldn't Belive that it was running so well, and even took the lead a few times! It was a great ride, and we were both having a blast.

I did't want the ride to end, but must admit that I was starting to fade a bit after shooting a couple of roost's. The 250 was rather impressive today, and was about to go for another round, we were both running a little low on fuel. was just about to flip over to reserve and do it again.

but right about then, I could hear the kiddie quads starting to stir it up a bit, and they were trying to get into the riding area, so we figured we were both pretty satisfied at that point, and needed to go fuel up anyway, so we went for a little cool down period, and decided to make some breakfast.

Hopefully we can go for another evening ride, and do it all again with the high beamers on!
What a GREAT way to start the day!
I'm sure I'll be remembering it and smiling all day, and looking forward to a few more laps tonight!

Happy Valentines day, and I hope all of you were able to start your day with a great ride too!

bigd's ex
02-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Ron,

Sounds like you took one heck of a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, "RIDDLE ME THIS BATMAN", no mudboggin on your ride? Think thats the trail I'm takin!!!!! LMFAO

tri5ron
02-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Nope, no boggin'..
The 250 want's to stay all clean and pretty.
the 400 would be up for it, but no fun to go at it alone!:D :blah: :D :blah: :D :blah: :D :blah:

tri5ron
02-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Donnie,
Haven't heard from you all day,...
whaasamatter ?

you get stuck in the Mud???

or did you pop the inflatable loaner already ?

bigd's ex
02-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Ron,

Of all days of the I get the "FLU". This s#^*s, probably one of the longest riding days of the year too !!!!

Sure hope the mudpit does'nt dry up when I feel better!!!! LOL

alberto
02-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Well we went for a very fun ride this morning...

The sun was just starting to come up, and the riding area seemd just prime for a good long ride.
I took off taking some laps around the two hills that are near the top of the riding area, started out kinda slow to get all warmed up, then was just going around and around working my way up to the tops.

kinda of odd, but I swaer that with each lap I took around the hills, the peaks just kept getting taller and taller. So just shifted into another gear and went straight up.

Made it to the top, and was jumping from one peak to the other for a while, had a great time there, then decided to head down the mountains and across the flats. did a few donuts, and ripped through the hard pack, and was just having a blast.

all of a sudden the 400ex started to get a little squirrly and flipped over, and ended and getting all tangled up with the 250ex on top!
got a bit wild there for a few minutes, and the 250 was stuck on a log. somehow the log was stuck in the intake, but it kept on running fine and even seemed to pick up a few rpm's.!
It kept rocking back and forth on the log, and after a few minutes it came free, and I was back up and running hard.

banged a couple of gears as I was heading down into the valley at top speed, and I could tell that I was right on top of my game. all the brush had been trimmed nicely, and I could see everywhere I was going. spent quite a bit of time riding the whoop-de-do's, and the 250 wanted to keep going faster and faster! I couldn't Belive that it was running so well, and even took the lead a few times! It was a great ride, and we were both having a blast.

I did't want the ride to end, but must admit that I was starting to fade a bit after shooting a couple of roost's. The 250 was rather impressive today, and was about to go for another round, we were both running a little low on fuel. was just about to flip over to reserve and do it again.

but right about then, I could hear the kiddie quads starting to stir it up a bit, and they were trying to get into the riding area, so we figured we were both pretty satisfied at that point, and needed to go fuel up anyway, so we went for a little cool down period, and decided to make some breakfast.

Hopefully we can go for another evening ride, and do it all again with the high beamers on!
What a GREAT way to start the day!
I'm sure I'll be remembering it and smiling all day, and looking forward to a few more laps tonight!

Happy Valentines day, and I hope all of you were able to start your day with a great ride too!

tri5ron,

you should write for PENTHOUSE FORUM.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

bigd's ex
02-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Finally got to take my V-DAY ride today, after being sick all weekend. But hey, better late than never!!! Was'nt a real long one though, being than my stamina was'nt up too par. Sure did feel good gettin back in the saddle. My clutch was slippin, so I had to power shift most of the time. Did'nt do any hill climbs cause where I was riding was pretty much flat. Did attempt some "HEEL CLICKERS" , that was fun but I think I tweaked my back on the last one though:eek2: Started getting tired so I decided to take the back road home. BIG MISTAKE. On the way back I came across this beautiful "MUDHOLE, so I say to myself, SHOULD I OR SHOULD'NT I ? Well I did, and as I entered this mudhole I quickly realize it's alittle deeper than I first thought!!!!
It took awhile to slowly wiggle my way out of that ABYSS, but I made it. That was pretty much the end of the ride right there. To make matters worse, I lost my "GO PRO" in the mudpit :confused: My 250ex said "WE'RE NEVER TAKIN THAT ROAD AGAIN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

tri5ron
02-16-2009, 08:32 PM
ROTFLMF'nAO !!!!!

I TOLD you the 250's just aren't up for the mudboggin'.
They start getting all squirrely on ya, and next thing you know, all these strange and abnormal noises start coming from their differentials.
Then the driveshaft gets broken, and your stuck there. Sure you can try to winch it out, but will probably end up just tearing off the bumper.
Dosent seem to make any difference on how much oil you use ,and synthetics dont seem to make any difference in the 250's rear end either. They are just not happy on those kinds of trails.

bigd's ex
02-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Yeah , I know what you mean!!!! 250 didn't like that trail at all. LOL . She didn't like WOT goin down that road. Kept tellin me ta "SLOW DOWN, SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

bigd's ex
02-18-2009, 02:36 PM
POOH-BAH,

Dug my GO PRO out of the " MUDPIT ", but I can't get it to work now. Any ideas? LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

tri5ron
02-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I think I read somewhere that you MUST use lithium batteries only with the Go Pro's, otherwise they only "stay on" for 7 seconds.
V
V
V
V
V
V
but then again,
When one is Bustin' Bronco's,...
or Bull Riding, ...

7 seconds is all it takes!!!

So get back up in that there Saddle son,...
and give 'er another whirl.
Go Pro!!!

(We want Video this time around).

bigd's ex
02-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Think I stayed on for 10 seconds once. That was on a good day. LOL.

Don't know if 250 is up for a video, she's kinda camera shy :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigd's ex
02-21-2009, 04:53 PM
POOH-BAH,

What do think about me asking 250ex if her sister, "200 Rencon" would like to take a ride with us? She's a sweet lookin ride, and I been wanting to take a spin on it for a long time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :devil:

tri5ron
02-21-2009, 10:19 PM
POOH-BAH,

What do think about me asking 250ex if her sister, "200 Rencon" would like to take a ride with us? She's a sweet lookin ride, and I been wanting to take a spin on it for a long time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :devil:

I think you'd be headed for some dangerous terrian,
on a one way ticket,
straight for the Badlands.

I know if I was to suggest that to my 250ex, It would only be a short matter of time, till I recieved a visit from some of her Somoan 700XX "aquaintainces" and am pretty sure my "Big Gun" would be reduced to a swizzle stick.

But Hey,...
If you think you can get away with it,... Give it a shot.

You may want to consider mounting some rear view mirrors on the 400ex afterwards, you'll soon be needing to see who's following you !!!

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Yeah, your're probably right, But it would be nice to ride a different "TRAIL OR TRACK" now and then.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Got some pics finally now just trying to remember how to post em.!!!! LOL

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 04:52 PM
ANOTHER

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Rear fender

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Hood

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 04:58 PM
HLS'S

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Labels

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Fabbed Dash

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Front

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Two Brothers M7 V.A.L.E

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Wifes 250ex

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Another front

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 05:20 PM
This is our dog " WILLEY " There's not enough $ in the world to buy him !!!!!!!!!!!

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
MY BAD, Can't get pic to post, but trust me he a great choc. lab

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 05:33 PM
" WILEY "

bigd's ex
02-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Sorry guys for so many posts, I don't know how to post multiple pics yet. I had to go to the store and get my daughter 2 boxes of " Jr. Mints " for helping with these. LOL

qballd50
03-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Your 400ex Looks really Good Man!!

tri5ron
03-18-2009, 11:39 AM
hey Donnie,
I guess I'd forgot to comment on your quad, but I gotta tell ya...
That thing looks SWEET !!!

I'm usually not a real big fan of graphics, but I've gotta say,...
those are some of the best looking one's I've ever seen. Ilove the whole " mad joker " theme. Way Too Cool !
And your whole quad looks fantastic with all the goodies, GREAT Job.

BTW- The april QOTM is up for entries, (there is a thread about it now), and is an "open to all" this time so I say you should enter, just for the fun of it. (You've got my vote already !)

One other thing, GET NERFS ON YOUR BIKES NOW !
I don't care if you like, or don't like, how they look.
It's a saftey thing.
If you ,or your wife's feet come off the pegs while moving forward, the first thing that happens is the peg hits you in the calf, the next thing is, you run over your own foot, and you are face down across the handlebars,
broken leg/ankle,
bike sitting on top of your legs,
while your stuck on top of the bike.

Not a pretty thing, and a real good way for your wife to get hurt and never want to ride again.
DO IT NOW, before you guys get hurt.

Here's a couple of pics of the one's I put on Suzanne's 250. They do the job very well for trail riding, and you dont need to replace the stock pegs, or heel guards. They look very clean, and not too "racey".
(Suzanne likes her quad to look clean, without all the wild stuff)...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_73071.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_8857.jpg

also you definately want to upgrade the swinger skids, (if you have'nt already done so.)
On your bike, it's a matter of protecting the rear sprocket and brake rotor,
But on HER bike, it's a matter of protecting the entire Differential housing !
(Oh yeah,... I'm sure a cracked housings are REAL cheap to replace at the honda dealer ! ....NOT!)
Here's a pic of the one on Suzanne's, MUCH better than the cheezy, stock, sheet metal one...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_73001.jpg

Might want to consider some handguards for her's too.
Sooner or later, Somebody is going to be in front of her, and shoot a roost. The last thing she needs is a busted knuckle, or broken finger, cuz some dummy chucked a golfball sized rock into her hand.

bigd's ex
03-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the comments guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOH-BAH,

Thank you for your comments and info. I really do appreciate it :macho I know ya got alot goin on, but I figured you see it. The graphics really caught my eye when I seen em. Just wanted something different and thought the Joker thing fit my personality. HA HA. Definitely nerfs are the next buy when I get back to work. Probably should have been 1st mod. Beth has'nt got to ride yet because she's busy with work. She'll have them before she rides. Pro Armor skid plate was the 3rd thing I put on it. Paid for it's self already!!!!!! I like the one you put on Suzanne's. Who makes that one ? As far as the QOTM, I might throw it in if ya think it would get a couple of votes. I think it's great you got Cameron her own screen name. She looks like a "GREAT" kid !!!!

Thanks again,

Donnie

tri5ron
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey bud,
I was editing my post to add in the handguard comment right when you posted.

Anyway, The nerfs on Suzanne's bike are the "DG Fat Series", and the handguards are Powermadds.
Again, I didn't put them on her bike for the Race, or Eye Candy thing, (even though they DO look pretty cool),...
I put them on purely for, **The less chance of her getting hurt,... The more likely she will want to continue riding**.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_8849.jpg.

Also, if she, (Beth), hasn't even ridden yet, Lemme' give you a little heads up...
She is probably going to get a cramped thumb/hand with the thumb throttle very quickly. (Suzanne did).
I remedied the issue my modifying a TRX90 thumb lever,
(they are about 1/2" longer than the 250EX lever),
and she is MUCH more comfortable, and happy with it.
I did a pictoral "How to" on it.
Here's a pic...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_8821.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Honda%20trx250ex%20quad/IMG_8822.jpg

and here's a link to the thread...
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=370765&highlight=more+sore
It has lots of pics, and be sure to read the caption above each pic so that you can see the comparisons between each lever,
(I'm also going to do this for Cameron's bike, because last weekend she did say that her thumb was getting sore too.)Enjoy...

bigd's ex
03-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Definetly gonna do that to the wifes thumb throttle, might do it to mine too. Had any "GOOD RIDES " lately? LOL . Sent you a PM

tri5ron
12-04-2009, 10:04 PM
This was an absolutely Hilarious thread from a year ago. I ran back across it while trying to search for something else.

If you are reading this post, but haven't read this thread,...
do yourself a favor, start at the begining, and read it all the way through...
I'm sure you'll get in a good laugh or two along the way.

oh and btw- Merry Christmas to all again this year.

-Ron

bigd's ex
12-05-2009, 09:54 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOh, the " Memories" . LMAO .

bigd's ex
12-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Ron,

We never did follow up on the stickers. lol

Have a good Holidays pal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omeeomy
12-06-2009, 08:06 AM
yeaaaaa stickers im in for a few
lemme know when there available
i to suffer from A.A.D.S

rocky_mtn_honda
12-06-2009, 09:59 AM
i cant believe this turned into an 18 page thread...lol. awesome!

mitchconley
12-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Here's a picture of my ride, try to get more later
hey i got those same rims. watch out though. not the strongest ever, i have a big crack on the inside of my back rim but it doesnt lose air so im not worried about it

bigd's ex
12-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by mitchconley
hey i got those same rims. watch out though. not the strongest ever, i have a big crack on the inside of my back rim but it doesnt lose air so im not worried about it

I really like them. Never have had any problems. I ride mainly trails, only rode on the track with them once. Don't think I would run them mx or cc though.

mitchconley
12-06-2009, 11:05 AM
I really like them. Never have had any problems. I ride mainly trails, only rode on the track with them once. Don't think I would run them mx or cc though. yeah me either, i pretty much just ride trails too but i mustve hit something pretty hard cause there is about a 4in crack on the rim and it like bows out. but damn to they look good :D

bigd's ex
12-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by mitchconley
yeah me either, i pretty much just ride trails too but i mustve hit something pretty hard cause there is about a 4in crack on the rim and it like bows out. but damn to they look good :D

They have a lifetime guarentee I believe. I'd send it back & get a new one.

mitchconley
12-06-2009, 11:34 AM
They have a lifetime guarentee I believe. I'd send it back & get a new one. oh if they do then ill send them back for sure. they had them on the wheeler when i bought it so i didnt know that.

bigd's ex
12-06-2009, 11:43 AM
If you send it back let us know how it turns out.

mitchconley
12-06-2009, 11:50 AM
If you send it back let us know how it turns out.
im gunna wait until the snow gets to deep to ride in. because its still rideable so ill do it durning the offseason. but i did just check the itp website and it says theres a limited lifetime warrenty for all the SS aloy rims. and it looks like i fall under the warrenty so im in luck with that