PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Sportsman 400 HO Winching question

bborzell
12-21-2008, 11:55 PM
I am about to install a winch on my 400 HO. One thing I have been wondering about is whether to use what appears to be a potential hook point for a return from a snatch block that is located on the lower part of the silver front end piece.

The piece I am referring to almost looks like trim, but it also appears pretty solidly mounted to the main frame of the quad. The short horizontal bar looks to have been designed for at least tie down straps for hauling, but I wonder about using them for two point winching operation. Has anyone had experience with using the bar I am referring to?

The local dealer thought it was Ok to use it but I didn't detect a firm sense of confidence in the reply. Thanks.

...Bob

Pappy
12-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Is the bar welded in or is it bolted in? If its the bar I am thinking of you should be ok

bborzell
12-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Is the bar welded in or is it bolted in? If its the bar I am thinking of you should be ok

It's welded to the bottom of the "V" bumper looking thing that runs up alongside the headlights. At the very bottom, where the bar is welded in, the whole setup is bolted to the frame. I'll try to post a picture. I think you are right, it looks fairly solid.

thanks for the reply.

...Bob