PDA

View Full Version : How is tusk?

Bridgewater
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Well ive heard some people say "dont buy tusk there way to cheap and bend/break" is this true?

ive been looking at skids and nerfs from tusk, they look nice, good,strong and a good price?

anybody had many problems with them? (mainly nerfs)

Stoke88
12-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Skids I can't see you having a problem with because its a slab of aluminum but I hated my Tusk nerfs on my Warrior. They look real nice all annoed and all but bend easy. After a few rides mine looked like they were 3 years old. Dents and dings all over. I would never buy them again. Don't let the cheap price fool you. They are a cheap product.

brian76708
12-21-2008, 09:31 PM
i got tusks engine skid plate works great just rattles like no other until i put rubber under the whole thing now.

pizmo 400ex
12-22-2008, 10:16 AM
i have tusk nerfs and they are great for me. i guess it depends on what kind of riding you do, i ride dunes all the time and some trails. the only problem i had was that the paint comes off real easy. thats an easy fix.

rcatvrider
12-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I have tusk nerfs and chassis skid and the nerfs are actually stiffer than kawi factory ones I have ridden. Only thing is the paint chips easy. I have one dent in mine and that is from a three wheeler rim hitting then from a head on collision, any nerfs would dent if not bend from that.

elmer91
12-22-2008, 03:26 PM
i had tusk nerfs on my old warrior, and they were great. i didnt have any problems with them.

12-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Look good and really light. Dont know how strong they are.

12-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by ltr450fly
Look good and really light. Dont know how strong they are.

to answer how strong they are its not very. Theres a reason there are nerfs on the market twice the price or more

rodeo#11
12-23-2008, 11:48 AM
I have a set of tusk nerf bars on my quad and i must say they have seen some abuse... I race Mx in the summer and XC towards the winter and ride ALOTTT of trails and my bars are still holding strong!! only problem i had was one of the bracket bolts snapped but that was my own fault for tightening them down lol :blah: