PDA

View Full Version : Full boots vs. shorties?

Epiq
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
I am getting a pair of Alpinestar Tech 2 boots, the short kind, for ATV riders. I figured they would be better, but I might be reconsidering and going for the Full sized Tech 3 ATV boots. What are your guy's opinions?

Are short boots better? Or are full sized boots better?

bossman525
12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
i got the thor 50/50 boot and i love them. my buddy has the full size boots and they sometimes get hung up on his frame and body work. the 50/50 doesnt have the same protection as full length boots but i think they will save an ankle or two. just my.02

gcart2
12-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Epiq
I am getting a pair of Alpinestar Tech 2 boots, the short kind, for ATV riders. I figured they would be better, but I might be reconsidering and going for the Full sized Tech 3 ATV boots. What are your guy's opinions?

i have the full tech 3's and love em. i wouldnt wear those shorties for two reasons. #1 no real protection, might as well wear plastic tennis shoes. #2 they look so damn homo

NacsMXer
12-22-2008, 08:25 AM
The shorty boots are good for pitbike riders and weekend warriors. I consider them the next best thing to work boots that some people wear when they ride.

But if you do any sort of aggressive riding, jumping, or racing, full-size boots are the way to go. There is no compromise. You do sacrifice a good amount of protection with the shorty boots.

If I ever bought a set of Tech 2's it would be strictly for riding my pitbike. That's way better than riding with tennis shoes. But for riding my quad i'll stick with the full size Tech 8's without a doubt.

CHAR250R
12-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Very little ankle support and protection. Protect yourself, get the full length. You'll be glad you did. :D

bossman525
12-23-2008, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
i have the full tech 3's and love em. i wouldnt wear those shorties for two reasons. #1 no real protection, might as well wear plastic tennis shoes. #2 they look so damn homo
they look so damn homo? if a person has riding pants on, how the hell can you tell if he is wearing 50/50's or full length, ****ing idiot. why dont u be a little more constructive with your posts rather then saying people look like homos that wear them. little ***

BLU82
12-23-2008, 06:43 AM
Full boots all the way. I don't think the half boots offer enough protection. And most riding pants are designed to go inside your tall boots so the half boots look dumb unless you have over the boot type riding pants. But thats a personal opinion so I deserve to cussed at:rolleyes:

Brauap
12-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Epiq
I am getting a pair of Alpinestar Tech 2 boots, the short kind, for ATV riders. I figured they would be better, but I might be reconsidering and going for the Full sized Tech 3 ATV boots. What are your guy's OPINIONS?

Originally posted by bossman525
they look so damn homo? if a person has riding pants on, how the hell can you tell if he is wearing 50/50's or full length, ****ing idiot. why dont u be a little more constructive with your posts rather then saying people look like homos that wear them. little ***

bossman, Epiq asked for an OPINION!, so gcart2 gave him his OPINION!

Do you know what an OPINION (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion) is? How about you click on that and read up. I think you need to relax. Really. And that is my OPINION!

KXRida
12-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Alright for pitbikes? sure Alright for mx? You wouldn't catch me with a pair of those on. Then again besides getting your ankles ran over, what other advantage would a full length boot give you on a quad?

Scro
12-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Your leg will get mighty hot with a pair of 50/50, also. Get the full boot, and don't waste your money on anything else.

quad2xtreme
12-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I wear Fly 3/4 boot for trail riding. It is the 1st pair of boots I've ever owned that are actually waterproof.

I wear Alpinestar Tech 3 ATV for MX. I wouldn't wear a pair of 50/50 or 3/4 for mx.

gcart2
12-23-2008, 01:39 PM

lol.

ty brauup

Brauap
12-23-2008, 02:03 PM
lol.

ty brauup

haha no problem! :macho

12-23-2008, 02:39 PM
I wouldnt buy thr shoter boots onlybecause they dont seem to have the ankle support. It would just be like an expensive walmart boot. The full boots are nice because you wont burn your leg either with them and they protect you much more and its harder to get water, mud, sand in your boots since they go up to just below the knee. I have had an accident where the nerfs got me right above the boot and smashed my knee. It was one of those damn if only it hit an inch lower I would be able to atleast limp or something. I couldnt walk at all I had no feeling it was scary.

feuerstack411
12-23-2008, 03:35 PM
they look so damn homo?if a person has riding pants on, how the hell can you tell if he is wearing 50/50's or full length, ****ing idiot. why dont u be a little more constructive with your posts rather then saying people look like homos that wear them. little ***

Umm, easy. The majority of riding pants tuck into the boots.

I agree, I don't like the look of 50/50 boots, or the look of over the boot pants. Only full boots for me.

Doober
12-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Ive never had much experience with the 50/50 but i wouldn't really think they provide as much protection to your shin as well. Like if a rock were to hit you shin in a regular boot you may no feel it, but the 50/50 you would cause there nothing there