PDA

View Full Version : New stereo setup questions

Kickstarts-suck
12-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Planning on upgrading soon. Right now I have 1 Kicker cvr12 4ohm sub and a kicker 400wrms amp.

I want some more bass so I was wanting to get another cvr12. But my current sub is 4ohm so adding another 4ohm sub would make me have to run either a 1ohm load or a 4ohm load. Not sure if kicker subs are meant to handle 1ohm loads and if I went to a 4ohm load I would have to get a huge amp.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2&woofer_imp=4

So then I thought about getting 2 more cvr12 4ohms. That way I could get closer to a 2ohm load. I just looked it up on rockfordfosgates site and it shows ill be at 2.67ohm load.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=3&woofer_imp=4
Another problem with this is my box is 2.21 square Feet and 3 12" subs wont have enough air.
Each sub requires
Sealed Box Volume 1.0 - 4.6cu. ft.
Ported Box Volume 1.75 - 2.25cu. ft.

Right now im thinking about just getting 1 more cvr12 4ohm and running them in a 1 ohm load.

I will be buying a hifonics amp for any one of these setups and they are stable at 1ohm.

Thanks

12-21-2008, 08:55 AM
I have 2 kicker 12" CVR in a sealed box on a 500watt amp running both so you cant blow them but oh man when you turn the amp up you make everything rattle its pounding bass it can probally be heard over a mile lol It was so much I couldnt take being near it for very long I had to turn it down. If you want your back seat to feel like theres someone behind kicking or punching then go with another. Mines in the sealed carpeted box that you buy already made it might have been MTX box. I think they run around $75. If you sell your other Kicker just get 1 15" kicker solo baric L7 speaker and thats more watts than both the kciker 12" CVR put together. The 15" solo baric is 1000watts RMS and 2000watts peak out of 1 speaker. My brother has one in his dodge dakota and the mirrors shake so much you cant see anything behind you its a little rediculous. He got it cheap because the previous owner was afraid to put it back in his car after shattering the windows lol

Kickstarts-suck
12-21-2008, 03:23 PM
12s is all I can fit behind my seat. Or I would have 15s.

I dont want to spend more then $350 or I would get 2 10" L7s

My 1 cvr12 hits very hard with my ported box. I just want more!

Guessing ill just get 1 more 4ohm 12 and run it at a 1ohm load with Hifonics Brutus BXi1208D 1200WRMS amp.

12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
like i said mine are both running off a 500 watt amp and they pound. More power through a different amp and they gotta be insane.