PDA

View Full Version : P S 2 in room.. but it isn't comming up..?

Brauap
12-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Alright, so I just bought another PS2 (my other one broke) and I went to go hook it up in my room, and its not comming up on the screen..? I have only the local stations for now.. (w/ the bunny ears) and on the front of the TV, there are buttons.. they read:

menu volume channels power

I have it all hooked up, and its not comming up on the TV.. :ermm:

Its not comming up on any stations either, and I also tried and removed the intenas, but it didn't do anything.. and the menu only changes the picture, stations (already had them auto setted) and the language.. and I can't figure the dang thing out! Help please, I wanna play it!

12-21-2008, 06:53 AM
how did you hook it up?

did you plug the 3 rca plugs into the tv or do you have an rf adapter? usually channel 3 or 4 is the one it should be on...

you might as well get a new tv since on feb 9th, it will get no stations as analog signals(signals for your bunny ears) will no longer be broadcast.

Brauap
12-21-2008, 07:52 AM
You don't need a new TV, you just need to buy this little black box..

and if your talking about those three red white and yellow plugs, it only has room for 2 so I plugged them in. Then I plugged it into the wall, and its starts fine.. but I can't get any picture.. :confused:

12-21-2008, 09:33 AM
you will need an rf adaptor...i am going to say you used the red and white plugs and left the yellow one unplugged...the red and white are for stereo sound while the yellow carries your video feed. did you read the instructions that came with the ps2? for the money that an rf adapter will cost you, you could almost buy a small tv that is compatible with the ps2 hook-up.

i know about the little black box, but even that is antiquated. i haven't seen a set of rabbit ears since 1985.

Brauap
12-21-2008, 01:30 PM
haha, my TV doesn't have them.. I just don't have cable so I plugged them in just so I can get the local stations.

And the white and yellow are plugged in and the red isn't.. this really sucks. Anymore ideas?

(I just bought MX vs ATV Unleased & Untamed and I wanna play them!)

motoman990
12-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Some tvs have a video channel on them for the rca hook up you might need the remote to get to it, but it should say video, input, or something simular on the remote button.

Brauap
12-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Well, I figured it out (hooked it up to the VCR, then the TV.. but now the PS2 is broke (the frikin door gammed!!) AAGGHHHH!!

hondaking52
12-21-2008, 07:22 PM
well wen you fix the ps2, plug it into ur tv, put the tv on channel '91' then it should work fine, its been awile, but i think thts the channel, could be 90 or 92.

Brauap
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
well wen you fix the ps2, plug it into ur tv, put the tv on channel '91' then it should work fine, its been awile, but i think thts the channel, could be 90 or 92.

On our VCR, its set to '4', but thanks!

Anyone know what I should do to fix it? I emailed PlayStation.. how ever I bought it used from my friend and it was my fault it broke, but I emailed them asking what I should do. I really want to play!! :devious:

hondaking52
12-21-2008, 09:23 PM
well if its the older vers, which its sounds like it is, on the end on the tray, the cover piece tht blends it in comes off, so if thts the prob take tht off, or just take the whole thing apart and see wats wrong, just dont touch the eye(disk reader) watever you do

Brauap
12-21-2008, 09:34 PM
I had already gotten that off.. but I don't know how to take the dang thing apart..

hondaking52
12-21-2008, 09:45 PM
on the right side when its standing up, the rubber shoe things come out, the screws are under them