PDA

View Full Version : throttle cable

PDH416ex
12-17-2002, 10:32 AM
how do you adjust your throttle cable so that it is wide open when you hit the gas. Also I have heard something about grinding something off the throttle housing on the handlebars where is it?

phatswinn
12-17-2002, 10:36 AM
its justa adjuster where the cable goes into the thump throttle, make it so it pulles the cable housing away fromt he thumb throttle unit and it is adjusted

MOUSE
12-17-2002, 11:08 AM
how do you adjust your throttle cable so that it is wide open when you hit the gas.

use the adjuster where the cable goes into the thumb throttle housing. pull back the rubber dust cover and adjust it till you hear the engine idle pick up just a little then back it off till the idle returns to normal.

Also I have heard something about grinding something off the throttle housing on the handlebars where is it?

:huh the only grinding i know about is inside the header pipe where it comes out the head. pull off your header and look inside you should see a ridge around the inside of the pipe use a dremel or what ever you have to grind this flush on both sides.

d-14 rider 27
12-18-2002, 09:13 PM
the grinding is in the thumb throttle housing, and its only if you got an edelbrock, to make sure its wide open, just adjust it how these guys were saying, and listen carefully you can hear a tick from the carb when its open all the way