PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Sportsman 700 Twin problem running after let go of throttle

86250rbanshee
12-20-2008, 05:05 PM
I have a 700 Polaris Sportman 700 twin, and took apart carb put a rebuilt kit in it, it had sat for a while and actually dry rotted the carb intake boot, so that was replaced, and new plugs also. Got everything all running and everything I go take it out for a spin, runs awesome, tons of power of corse. But when I let of the throttle and slow to a stop it dies almost immediately. Took the gas line off started it up and its getting fuel and all that sprayed starting fluid in around carb to see if the idle increases and nothing. I'm kind of at a loss what to try anyone got any suggestions. Please help thanks guys.

Pappy
12-26-2008, 07:46 AM
I would check the throttle cable routing

86250rbanshee
12-30-2008, 09:25 AM
What woudl the cable routing have to do with it, I could ride it around all day at more than 1/2 throttle but the second I let off coughs and dies. I did notice that the top portion of the carb where the diaphram sits it is cracked we jb welded both inside and outside of it and sanded smooth couldn't even tell it was cracked, unsure how crack go thtere.

HCRacing
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Did you try to adjust the idel. sounds like the air screw or the idel needs ajusted..

Would have nothing to do with routeing..