PDA

View Full Version : MX Gear

dingocatcher
12-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi folks, just wondering what gear you all are wearing fox, shift etc? Im needing top, bottoms, gloves and a new helmet
Tell me your thoughts on what you have please

Cheers

XCRacer236
12-20-2008, 03:33 PM
FLY Racing gear. Shift gloves. Scorpion helmet.

BlaineKaiser450
12-20-2008, 05:58 PM
i love fly gear

pizmo 400ex
12-20-2008, 08:43 PM
fox all the way.

miller821
12-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Fox/Shift... I'm a big fan of Shift freestyle pants.

Lehr 110
12-20-2008, 10:22 PM
go with oneal....everyone has fly and fox:D

or send some emails to the companies and see what you can get sponsorwise

QuadJunkies
12-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Oneal and FLY in our house..
I just got the 09 line up,pretty sweet stuff!

250r rider 88
12-20-2008, 11:08 PM
MSR gear
Alpinestar boots
Leatt Brace
One Industries Helmet
Smith goggles

is my setup for 09'

BLU82
12-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Fox all the way. I was'nt even trying and somehow I ended up with all fox stuff. The V3 helmet is so light! And the quality of the gear is second to none in my mind. Fly is pretty good too if your looking for cheaper gear cuz the fox can get expensive.

QuadJunkies
12-21-2008, 11:50 AM
We go with those who support our sport .
Fox does very little for the ATV side in support .
I really dig there gear, its very trick looking stuff,my Daughter wore there gear for two years.

Lehr 110
12-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I really dig there gear, its very trick looking stuff,my Daughter wore there gear for two years.

couldn't agree more i wore fox from when i was 8 to 16...then i moved on when they offered nothing to anyone.

motofreak2772
12-21-2008, 04:38 PM
that new one industries gear is bad ***... I want to get it for christmas.

KXRida
12-22-2008, 11:33 AM
MSR, Fly, and Thor gear. Fox is waaaay overpriced. If only half of the mx industry knew the mark up on that stuff.

As far as boots, alpinestars and gaerne here.

flyboy62
12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
THOR. best gear i have had. my gear is all thor.

d3ktrix
12-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Fox Helmet/Pants/Jersey
Alpinestar Boots
Fly Gloves
Scott Chest Protector
ProGrip Goggles

Don't have any brand religion, I just buy whatever looks/fits good.

400ex28
12-22-2008, 06:27 PM
thor

elementryder
12-22-2008, 07:57 PM
ive loved my troylee, shift and thor

havent had much luck with shift gloves, thor seems to make some great gloves

12-22-2008, 10:46 PM
helmit- zeus
Pants/jersy- troy lee
Knee pads/elbo pads-fox
Boots-fox
socks-fox
Gogles- oakly

Ill sell my blue/black/white troy lee pants for $30. Sell my boots for $30 to. Just like new cause only used a few times.

dingocatcher
12-28-2008, 11:26 AM
decided on the fly gear, now need to decide on which design kinetic or evolution! Is there any difference bar the looks?

QuadJunkies
12-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Im not sure what the evolution is but the kinetic is not SNELL approved.
We have the Platinum Renesiance and the Platnium Relic.

dingocatcher
12-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Im not sure what the evolution is but the kinetic is not SNELL approved.
We have the Platinum Renesiance and the Platnium Relic.

Sorry, should have said that im going Fly for pants, jersey and gloves. For helmet im going Airoh

cheers for the reply

QuadJunkies
12-28-2008, 12:23 PM
I have a freind who works there who knows all about there gear, Ill shoot him a link and see what he says .

dingocatcher
12-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks for that, it appreciated!!

BlueZ440
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I've been wearing fly for 3 years now and It gets better and better every year. Wait until the 2010 comes out...shhhh I seen some pictures:D

Go to flyracing.com.... it breaks down everything for you.

Hopefully this can help you...Evo is our high gear and kinetic is our middle gear. I love wearing Kinetic to me it's more comf on the knee section on the pants. Besides that I love both Evo and Kinetic.. Also for the summer the Mesh Kinetic is Very Nice for the hot weather.

I would type a bunch of stuff but it's better if you just look...

:D

Hi QJ

dingocatcher
12-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Cheers guys for the replys, it a good help before you buy to get some experienced comments!

Im new to the site and just like to say its great, with a nice bunch

Thanks again:cool:

QuadJunkies
12-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by dingocatcher
Cheers guys for the replys, it a good help before you buy to get some experienced comments!

Im new to the site and just like to say its great, with a nice bunch

Thanks again:cool:
Good to hear :)

wolfpack91
12-28-2008, 03:48 PM
No Fear and Utopia on both boys. Leatt on Troy and the EVS on Grayson for the neck. No Fear on Troy and Alpinestars for Grayson for boots. 661 for Troy and No Fear on Grayson for chest protectors. Depends on the day on their helmets. Both have Troy Lee and HJC helmets.

12-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
I've been wearing fly for 3 years now and It gets better and better every year. Wait until the 2010 comes out...shhhh I seen some pictures:D

Go to flyracing.com.... it breaks down everything for you.

Hopefully this can help you...Evo is our high gear and kinetic is our middle gear. I love wearing Kinetic to me it's more comf on the knee section on the pants. Besides that I love both Evo and Kinetic.. Also for the summer the Mesh Kinetic is Very Nice for the hot weather.

I would type a bunch of stuff but it's better if you just look...

:D

Hi QJ

yeah Fly keeps stepping it up every year and looking at their stuff now its really nice. I have the Viper MX boots and I have to say for the price thety are really well built boots. I have over a year riding on them and they look like new the soles arent worn out a whole lot, the stitching hasnt pulled and they dont smell lol I have no idea how but these boots dont smell like anything. I'm interesting in their Evo gear or Kinetic Mesh. I need mesh since its so hot here yesterday was low 80's and it was pretty hot riding. Its always so hot I never wear my goggles because its too hot. Riding without goggles is so much cooler its crazy but you have to make sure your in front and not tail gating the last person racing around otherwise your gonna be riding parts with your eyes closed and thats never a good thing. I hate dirty goggles too they make objects harder to see especially in the sand with clear lenses I cant judge the size of whoops and jumps as well.

250r rider 88
12-28-2008, 04:08 PM
if you are getting hot from your goggles try the Smith Intake Sweat X, they have two vents on the top of the goggle that allow more airflow to enter and keep you cool

12-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
if you are getting hot from your goggles try the Smith Intake Sweat X, they have two vents on the top of the goggle that allow more airflow to enter and keep you cool

thanks, i'm looking at them now i wonder how much airflow those actually give you. maybe I should just get a new helmet like the fox v3 with all those vents

QuadJunkies
12-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I hate dirty goggles too they make objects harder to see especially in the sand with clear lenses I cant judge the size of whoops and jumps as well.

I use a blue tint lense when I ride the dunes. Its easier to separate the dunes when I wear them and there is no bright sun glare.

KXRida
12-28-2008, 09:47 PM

or ride faster...

I found the one and only pair of smiths that I had ran extremely small for my likings. Plus the lens scratched like none other. I prefer the spys and scott high volt III's.

250r rider 88
12-28-2008, 09:55 PM
really? i have never had good luck with any Scott goggles, started running Smith 4 years ago and havent had a problem yet, i run the mirrored lenses and they do not scratch easily,

ProspectorJim
12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Thore force reed helmet
smith intake graphic goggles
shift/msr-jersey and pants (one fox jersey)
09 quadrant boots

the smith intakes are the best goggles I've had. Theyre definately better than my oakleys and spy goggles.

quad2xtreme
12-29-2008, 10:36 AM
anyone know a company making mx gear in tall sizes?

KXRida
12-29-2008, 12:00 PM
really? i have never had good luck with any Scott goggles, started running Smith 4 years ago and havent had a problem yet, i run the mirrored lenses and they do not scratch easily,

I had the smith Fuel TI's

http://www.mawonline.com/etdphotos/55-0631Lg.jpg

The mirrored lens scratched easy, then again I think all mirrored lenses do, but I like my spys and High volt III's.

Here's what I'm running now. The scott 83's I had to buy at the track off of a guy because I forgot my goggles one time.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/000_0002.jpg

I just ordered these scott's in cyan/blue.
http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000007/SCPRIME.jpg

As well as these...
http://www.pro1powersports.com/images/products/548107.jpg

like I said I personally like the spys and scotts.

KXRida
12-29-2008, 12:00 PM

I had the smith Fuel TI's

http://www.mawonline.com/etdphotos/55-0631Lg.jpg

The mirrored lens scratched easy, then again I think all mirrored lenses do, but I like my spys and High volt III's.

Here's what I'm running now. The scott 83's I had to buy at the track off of a guy because I forgot my goggles one time.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/000_0002.jpg

I just ordered these scott's in cyan/blue.
http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000007/SCPRIME.jpg

As well as these...
http://www.pro1powersports.com/images/products/548107.jpg

like I said I personally like the spys and scotts.

12-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I use a blue tint lense when I ride the dunes. Its easier to separate the dunes when I wear them and there is no bright sun glare.

yeah my brother has a blue lense and I like them. I think I might have to order some because clear is nice for night or darker stuff but when its bright and sand everything seems to blend it sucks

QuadJunkies
12-29-2008, 01:01 PM
We run these Gogges.

http://scottusa.com/service/files/images/products/products/photos/H73320734620w52z62E62o72J73R6313.jpg

KXRida
12-29-2008, 09:58 PM
We run these Gogges.

http://scottusa.com/service/files/images/products/products/photos/H73320734620w52z62E62o72J73R6313.jpg

The only thing I didn't like about them (I'm picky) was the narrow FOV. Other than that they felt great.

QuadJunkies
12-30-2008, 12:09 AM
I have a small nose and cant seem to wear alot of the others or it makes it hard for me to breath.. I used to wear the kids goggles .lol
My kids wear those as well and they fit better than most others.

KXRida
12-30-2008, 05:37 AM
I have a small nose and cant seem to wear alot of the others or it makes it hard for me to breath.. I used to wear the kids goggles .lol
My kids wear those as well and they fit better than most others.

haha whatever works for yah!

I did have a pair of scotts one time and even on the largest setting they pushed on my nose and made it hard to breath. Ended up selling them to a buddy of mine. That's the only problem I've had with scott goggles and I hope that never happens again because I didn't like that.

reconmaster
12-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Bell Moto 8 helment
Shift/Xtreme/No Fear/ Thor Core 5 Jersey(had since 03 and is still good!)
Leatt Brace
Six Six One Pressure Suit
Bauer hockey shin pads (they work)
MSR Boots
Scott and Northern Distributing Goggles(won them in a contest)
I am looking for gloves I seem to have the worst luck this past season with loosing mates to mine don't ask how.

I wouldn't mind getting new fox or troy lee gear but troy lee stuff is expensive! I remember seeing pants for $230!

dingocatcher
12-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Decided on the fly gear ok, but not sure to go for the Airoh helmet or not, i always had Bell but found at times the mouth piece too close to my mouth.

Just wanting to know now what you guys think of the lids you have, i might still go for the Bell moto 8, shoei, airoh, troy lee se2 , also i like the look of the fly lids too..

What do you think?

Ps - Happy New Year to one and all!!:)

LTRracer4
12-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Leatt brace... make it to work on monday!

dingocatcher
12-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
Leatt brace... make it to work on monday!

Kinda old school here and never used one but have been thinking about it, are they noticable to ride with?

LTRracer4
12-31-2008, 04:21 PM
you dont even know its there... you adjust it to allow full movement of your helmet, obviously in moderation, you do still want it to help. i like it over my neck roll because it doesnt feel like something around my neck, when its hott and the track i dusty and your sweating, it wont rub your neck raw.

flyboy62
12-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
Bell Moto 8 helment
Shift/Xtreme/No Fear/ Thor Core 5 Jersey(had since 03 and is still good!)
Leatt Brace
Six Six One Pressure Suit
Bauer hockey shin pads (they work)
MSR Boots
Scott and Northern Distributing Goggles(won them in a contest)
I am looking for gloves I seem to have the worst luck this past season with loosing mates to mine don't ask how.

I wouldn't mind getting new fox or troy lee gear but troy lee stuff is expensive! I remember seeing pants for $230!
Dennis Kirk- i got a whole set of gear for 50 bucks. $150 pants a shirt and gloves.

12-31-2008, 05:56 PM

im confused they dont support atvs but u go with them b/c they do :huh :huh ?

QuadJunkies
12-31-2008, 07:08 PM
We have in the past, once we learned they dont dig us ATV guys/gals, we quit buying there gear. Im a firm believer is supporting companies that support the ATV sport.

There gear fits my Daughter really good, but alot of better companies are starting to make gear for the girls as well, the only thing left we have now by fox is a girls chest protector and its covered up with fly stickers .LMAO!:p

12-31-2008, 09:43 PM
We have in the past, once we learned they dont dig us ATV guys/gals, we quit buying there gear. Im a firm believer is supporting companies that support the ATV sport.

There gear fits my Daughter really good, but alot of better companies are starting to make gear for the girls as well, the only thing left we have now by fox is a girls chest protector and its covered up with fly stickers .LMAO!:p

good for you! fox is way 2 overated!

KXRida
12-31-2008, 11:42 PM
The only thing I have left of fox is... nothing. For my helmets I run sixsixone or thor. Gear wise it's either thor, msr, no fear, or tld. Tld is pretty pricey, but I don't pay retail, nice gear though. Boot wise Alpinestars or gaerne. Those are pretty much the only gear companies I will buy from. I was looking at the new fly stuff at the shop. Looks like nice gear and is reasonably priced.