PDA

View Full Version : Hey East Texas Racers

ccdhowell
12-20-2008, 01:44 PM
This is sweet, we have our own forum area. Now we can communicate between races.

snake eyes
12-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah! Its about time, that other site in Texas was turned into junck by its owners and is now almost dead. ( not talking about the TON site).

Well lets get it stirred up! What do you guys think about the new rules and class changes at ATVCCS. This is a new dart board so take your best shots.

Did any of you guys notice they are trying to start a new xc/gp series out in west Texas for both bikes & atvs. I think it is called TCRC but the site mostly talks about bikes, atvs are not even mention in thier rules.:ermm: They are just in thier infant stage.

OK, the green flag is waving. Get those key boards fired up and lets see some literary roosting.

ccdhowell
12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Post a website to the series in west Texas.

I don't think the rules changes are too big a deal, but I don't understand the spring and fall series, why do that? I'm glad David left the db limit at 101, I thought he'd lower it and I'd have to buy another new exhaust, I barely made it this year.

I'm hoping he finds some new places to race this year, we'll see. Would help if more people showed up to the races, the last race of the season was pretty pitifull as far as turn out, and it was a good race too.

Also, add a signature to your post and include your race number and quad you race so we can identify each other. I race in the 35+B class, you?

snake eyes
12-21-2008, 02:37 PM
That new series is WWW.texascrc.net, thier forum is on the Texas Offroad Network (TON).

Did you notice that the B races have 10 minutes added to them? I would have suggested just go to 90 minutes on both A&B races. That would make just one less thing to whine about moving up to A class. Although I think this was done to make sure that all the B Classes would get atleast as many laps as the C classes. That did not happen for some of the high number classes last year at a few of the races. The time differential cuaght them short a lap.

ccdhowell
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I suggested that the A and B classes races go 2 hours each. I like to think of ATVCCS as a "triple A" series that racers can hone skills in order to move up to a pro series with a pro ride. As it stands, I can go sign up and race a GNCC race in my age class and my race would be 2 hours long. I say why not run the ATVCCS races for 2 hours.

I didn't know the B program sometimes didn't get as many laps as the C program. The delayed start for the 500s and up classes gets to be pretty significant, I just didn't think about that equating to lost laps.

Your link doesn't work for me.