PDA

View Full Version : Is your Duncan PC2000 cylinder as slow as mine?

dtowndiesel
12-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Two years ago I bought a brand new 340cc PC 2000 cylinder from Duncan. I loved the looks of it and I loved the idea of the solid aluminum cylinder. It has a midrange portjob on it and is comepletely set up with all the best components. Turns out it's as slow as a stone. I already have a 350cc LRD and a 350cc ESR pro-x cylinders so I thought it would be nice to have a little diversity in the shop. Its about as fast as a 450r with a pipe and a carb, and will get beat by close to 10 -12 bike lengths by my LRD and ESR 350cc bikes, it makes me sick. The bike runs perfect and is set up exactly how duncan recomends. My whole experience with loren and leonard at duncan was less than impressive, even when your buying an expensive *** cylinder they act like they don't have the time of day for you. One time about a week after I got the cylinder I called in to ask about some jetting specs, and loren told me that he didn't have time to talk to me, before I could respond he was gone. They could both use some pointers when it comes to social skills. I would rate my experience a 3 out of 10. This cylinder basically can't get out of its own way, I am extremely disappointed and pissed about the whole thing. So I want to know who else has this problem, IS YOUR PC2000 AS SLOW AS MINE?

my88r
12-19-2008, 10:51 PM
yes, duncan racing is terrible. they do not have any social skills what so ever. i will never use them again.:mad:

dtowndiesel
12-19-2008, 11:00 PM
it only looks fast

Master LTR450
12-20-2008, 11:54 AM
so donate it to me!!! maybe we can work something out??

LONG-ROD
12-20-2008, 02:16 PM
I have dealed with them and they are awsome. I talked to both of them several times trying to get my bike running right and I only spent 600.00 they also helped me get my bros CT bike running because allen was kinda crappy to us. They don't like when people talk to them that think they no everything maybe it was your attitude. I dont no though, good luck.

312R1
12-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I have always delt with Loren..I have had nothing but good results. Right now I'm running a PC2000 275 cc. At first I was running a 36mm carb that I had for my OEM cylinder that he ported for me and it was running good but not like it should have been. So I called him and he told me to switch to the 39mm and now it runs like a raped ape.

My setup is 275cc pc. midrange pipe, fat boy silencer, 39mm carb,
pyrimid reed cage. I'm running VP c-12 and 927 oil.

1promodfan
12-20-2008, 09:51 PM
My whole experience with loren and leonard at duncan was less than impressive, even when your buying an expensive *** cylinder they act like they don't have the time of day for you. One time about a week after I got the cylinder I called in to ask about some jetting specs, and loren told me that he didn't have time to talk to me, before I could respond he was gone. They could both use some pointers when it comes to social skills. I would rate my experience a 3 out of 10.

I 100%.......I was thinking of buying a Duncan set-up, but after being talked to like I was a two year old I changed my mind. I tried to ask a few question, but I got the cold shoulder. So, I called and talked to Eddie at ESR. He talked to me for over 30 minutes. So, my advise........call ESR......all great guys!!!!

ZSNOW
12-21-2008, 01:11 PM
i had the same problem with duncan racing when i called about my 265 also. i asked them some questions and they talked to me like i was stupid. i called about a 300ex motor..they had no idea what i was talking about when i was reading info off there site lol

rustyATV
12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Loren told me that dropping the compression wouldn't reduce detonation or octane requirements.

I was, like, "Oh really? That's the first time I've heard that!"

Then he said VP110 is junk gas and I should only use C-12. I looked at the spec and the MON of C-12 is 108, while the MON of VP110 is 107. OOooOOoOoo! One MON Point!

my88r
12-21-2008, 02:13 PM
they really dont know there stuff.