PDA

View Full Version : Catwalking&looking for a good used full Yoshi system

Ramm-jett
12-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you guys out there have any good tips or tricks in doing long catwalking.I have been trying a while now and seem to get a little apprenhensive in pulling it up to the balance point.I was thinking of lowering the air pressure in the tires.I 've got a completely stock 400EX and was thinking I should probably throw a pipe on it and a jet kit a K&N filter,but for me like most people times are tough and I Know a good exhaust system runs around $600.00 bucks U.S.Everything is so damn expensive to do anything thats fun.Which leads me to my next subject,if any of you gearheads have any good used aftermarket stuff get back to me.I'm looking for what I mentioned earlier as well as Pro Armour stuff like nerfs and bumper,skid plates etc..,Also looking for some good snows on rims(studded OK).Thanks Ramm-jett

Bone Stock
400EX

tyman2395
12-19-2008, 08:22 PM
i got a czr aftermarket pipe for 50 bucks CAD

Ramm-jett
12-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I bought one of those CZR pipes too off Ebay,but was looking for something a little better.They are light though.

tyman2395
12-19-2008, 08:27 PM
ya they sound pretty good i got 2 of em i told the company i broke one and they sent one for free

12-19-2008, 08:38 PM
tips for wheelies is to start out 2nd gear foot on the grab bar other foot ready to hit the brake lever. You have to go all the way back a few times to know what it feels like and how far to go before you tip. Just go from a dead stop and rev a tiny bit and pop the clutch just a real light thing and the front end will go up and just keep trying ot get the balance point and controlling the gas to keep it up and if it goes to far back the brake to keep it from that. Once you learn to slow wheelie you can still keep your foot on the back bar are ride long distances or you can stand with your legs agaisnt the back plastics or sit down. I've done 4th gear wheelie with my foot on the back bar before it went past the balance point and i had to jam the brake i ended up on the front of the quad but I rather stop and be laying on the bars then dump my quad and myself at 4th gear hauling wheres theres a road. My friend is amazng at wheelies he can litterally go for miles as long as the road doesnt have sharp curves he can do 5th gear pinned on a stock 400ex topping it out on a wheelie just sitting downa nd ride it down the whole road. I learned from him a little scary to ride on the quad with him wheeling like that but thats what it took t understand and get a better feel for it. I was once slow wheeling and it stalled, i quickly grabbed the clutch and started it and continued on my wheelie i was able to keep i up on the balance point even though the quad wasnt moving and then start back up.

Gibson
12-19-2008, 09:28 PM
i can shift from 1st to 2nd and mine stands up, then i catch 3rd, 4th, and 5th and stay on the back tires the whole time. when i get it in 4th or 5th i can ride a wheelie until i run outta room. u dont always have to let it come all of the way back to find the balance point, i've only set mine back twice, i kept poppin wheelies a little higher at at time and finally found the balance point.

hypersnyper6947
12-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Rear brake, thats what you need to know. Once i got comfortable using the back break to use save my self from going over i got much better at wheelies and i started to get better much faster. I would learn to do them with out putting your foot on the grab bar, once you mastered sitting down then you can do that but it looks way better sitting down. I suggest learn to do slow first gear wheelies first then move on to faster stuff.

Ramm-jett
12-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Hey Dudes,

Thanks for the great advice.Anyone out there know some good riding areas in the north eastern U.S. or central-eastern Canada.I love riding in the winter but there are so many restrictions for us and snowmobiliers take priority up here in the great white north,hell it's not even winter yet and we already have at least 50-60 cm's down.Also if there are any riding groups in the area would be interested.It's hard to find fellow sport ATV riders in this area,they all have 4x4's and it's just not the same kind of riding.I tried going with a few friends a couple times,but they just like bogging it and trying to find the worst possible areas to ride.My main hang-out up here is Calabogie,it's a great place to ride in the summer,but the trails are used for snowmobilies in the winter.

Ramm-jett
400EX(stock)