PDA

View Full Version : Anyone w/ Any Rebuilds?!

Brauap
12-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Last year, I remember we had a whooolllee lot of rebuild threads, but this year, there is only about 2 or 3.. whats up? Is the economy really affecting everyone that much? I really enjoied looking at all of them.. :ermm:

Gibson
12-19-2008, 05:23 PM
i might be doing a small one in a week or so. i have to replace my axle carrier and i thought of goin ahead and tearing the whole thing down and painting my frame, sub frame and swingarm, and maybe polishing some parts. do ya'll want me to post pics?

tyman2395
12-19-2008, 05:28 PM
yes please post pics i like seeing them

storms400ex
12-19-2008, 05:29 PM
if the compression's ok, doesnt smoke why rebuild my buddy had a 99 and its never been touched runs like new still, my step son has a 87 warrior that i just rebuilt last year for the first time,87-07 twenty years on that engine used a little oil but ran fine.

3or4HONDA
12-19-2008, 05:29 PM
ill have one posted at the beginning of the year. im getting all my parts right now and will post it all at once.

im not going to start a thread and drag it out for months...;) jk... i like following builds

Ruby Soho
12-19-2008, 05:57 PM
did my buddies 110 already

my quad got a rebuild last year, this year im parting it.

Gibson
12-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by storms400ex
if the compression's ok, doesnt smoke why rebuild my buddy had a 99 and its never been touched runs like new still, my step son has a 87 warrior that i just rebuilt last year for the first time,87-07 twenty years on that engine used a little oil but ran fine.

it needs valve seals but i think i'll replace them some time later. the only the only thing i need to do to the engine is tighten the valves

i'll get some pictures tomorrow if i can get my camera to work. o and i'm rejetting the carb, i was thinking of a 150 main and 42 pilot, would this be about right.

bbender85
12-19-2008, 07:19 PM
i did my motor work mid-summer. i have YFZ shocks on the way that i'll be analyzing how they actually work with the 400ex geometry (take the springs off and what not). pics to come!

bean2080
12-19-2008, 09:45 PM
i am just putting new rings and the sparks key in mine, just common since stuff. i might get a couple pics of the top end off my bike though and post them up.

alberto
12-19-2008, 11:25 PM
BRAUAP,

how did your build turn out? I haven't seen that tread for awhile. If you have a pic of the finished bike post it I'd like to see it. YES THE ECONOMY IS HURTING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Brauap
12-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Naw.. I'm not done.. :(

Its mostly just a weekend project, but since I have 17-18 days off, I should really be making some progess! (Hopefully!) (I still havn't even finished snadblasting the frame!! :eek: )

rcatvrider
12-20-2008, 08:55 AM
I'll be doing a bunch of common mods and might make a thread with pics and tell how I like everything. Hopefully getting a new canon for christmas so it'll be good practice using the new camera in low light and stuff. Hopefully it warms up a bit after christmas because as of now my quad is an ice cube from all the snow. I love riding in snow but if it hinders my ability to do upgrades then that's no fun:( Can't tear it down if it's covered in frozen snow.

sc400ex_rider
12-20-2008, 10:09 AM
i did my engine 2 years ago. i want to paint my frame next but im scared of the swingarm axle bolt!!!!
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/starcraftier1/S4010415.jpg

brian76708
12-20-2008, 01:58 PM
im building mine right know just havent started a thread yet.

alberto
12-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Good luck with all the builds. I think those are the best treads. Watching the progress of all the projects from start to finish is cool. Plus all the good ideas. KEEP IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my list of to do's:

1).install ASV levers and new handlebars

2). replace bearing carrier

3). install new sidewinder front & back sprokets W/ new chain

4). finish sanding plastics, install new graphics kit & seat cover

If you guys tell me how to post pics. I would love to, but dont know how!!!!!

powermadd400ex
12-20-2008, 10:51 PM
go to
www.photobucket.com
and make an account. (its free)
and upload your pics there, then after they upload copy and paste the IMG code in your post on here and BOOM. ya got pictures haha

alberto
12-22-2008, 12:49 AM
COOL!!! I just set up an account with photobucket. One question do I down load my pics to my computer then upload them to my photobucket account? Sorry if I come across a little dumb, but this is all new to me. Thanks for your help. I will be posting my pics very soon.

sc400ex_rider
12-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Yes that is exactly what you do. photobucket will be hosting the pictures for you. that way it wont be clogging up the ex riders server with tons of pics. you might be able to upload straight from your camera just change the upload location when it ask you where you want to upload from.no prob this can all be very complicated, im still a noob too.