PDA

View Full Version : honda hrc cam

KAWSAM62
12-17-2002, 06:43 AM
has anyone used the honda hrc cam for the xr400 in a 400ex i know its a expensive part but i wanted to see have it compaires with all the other cams on this forum we have discused:confused:

Wingnut
12-17-2002, 07:01 AM
I had one installed with my 440. I personally think that it is awesome. I got mine from Service Honda, it was $286 with shipping. That I have not had any other cams to compare it to, but the guy that built my engine is obviously surprised at how responsive it is. I know several other guys in my class that have 440s and I can overpower every one of them.

ill_lil_romey
12-17-2002, 08:43 AM
The HRC cam is one of the best in my opinion, but If I were you I would go to XRsonly.com and get their HRC replica cam. It's the exact same specs for half the price!

YZROOSTINYA
12-17-2002, 08:52 AM
yeah its called the hotcam stage 2, look at the part #

Steve-o 400EX
12-17-2002, 09:02 AM
I am also thinking about getting one and everyone I asked said to get the Hotcam stage II.

YZROOSTINYA
12-17-2002, 09:49 AM
steve when we go riding you can take my quad for a run

12-17-2002, 09:58 AM
Well I've pretty much decided to go with a different cam with-in the next month and was having a hard time deciding between the HRC,,which cost alot,,or a hot-cam. Well after talking with a engine builder about an hour ago,,he said the HRC cam is way better than the hot-cams and also mentioned hot-cams will probably be in Hot-water here before long because there cams are junk and won't last very long at all.. I don't know because i've never used them...i'll be goin with a TC cam probably the MX grind..:devil

YZROOSTINYA
12-17-2002, 10:04 AM
what makes them junk? they are made with the same material as the stock cam, are the stock cams junk?

mine has 27 hours with no probs, maybe i am lucky

B@ckBoneBelgium
12-17-2002, 11:40 AM
HRC CAM is expensive , but I have one and it is expensive .But it is well worth the money .It is from the same material as stock , and that makes it cheaper at the long run .You do not have to get your rockers hardened .

HRC all the way , I love it . ( and why would the honda racing company bring a bad cam out , this is honda's racing department were speaking off!! Did honda make somthing bad yet ?)

the pic below proofs I am right

12-17-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by B@ckBoneBelgium
HRC CAM is expensive , but I have one and it is expensive .But it is well worth the money .It is from the same material as stock , and that makes it cheaper at the long run .You do not have to get your rockers hardened .

HRC all the way , I love it . ( and why would the honda racing company bring a bad cam out , this is honda's racing department were speaking off!! Did honda make somthing bad yet ?)

the pic below proofs I am right

I think you misread that backbone... the hot-cam is what the guy said was junk,,not the HRC. I like the HRC cams,,but I know TC cams are good and the price for a TC cam is $100 less than the HRC cam and it's a drop in cam also..;) Like I mentioned before I know nothing about hotcams and never have used one..this guy just mentioned that he doesn't think there reliable enough to put in any motor he builds..:confused: Don't kill the messenger..:D

B@ckBoneBelgium
12-17-2002, 11:58 AM
oops ... dutch is simpler for me :-):o :o

YZROOSTINYA
12-17-2002, 12:13 PM
backbone:

you crack me up with your reversed typing:p

rico:

wasn't trying to blame you

i heard alot of people dissing hotcam and i called them up, talked to tony and he knew what was up, so far no probs, maybe they intially had a bad batch? but with almost the same specs as the hrc at 1/3 the price(you can get them on ebay for 100-130)

i chose it and it looked quality when i got it, the broach was snug, bearing surfaces were perfect and the lobes were a.o.k.

so far no probs, have one, use it, love it

everyone one has there own choice to make, i made my mine and just letting people know what the outcome was, either way you go good luck

KAWSAM62
12-17-2002, 12:44 PM
yep your right same exact part number for hot cams 1 and 2 but if a hot cam 2 is a copy of the hrc cam from honda then what is the hrc copy they sell for 180 ? and who makes it?:confused:

ill_lil_romey
12-17-2002, 01:12 PM
Im not a big fan of hotcams. I havent heard many good things about it. But alot of people talk about them on here. U cant go bad with the HRC cam though. YZROOSTINYA, your right. ALMOSt the same specs.

bmw500hp
12-17-2002, 06:38 PM
just rode this afternoon on buds 416/13:1/HRC/Sparks x6
Roll/Axis (XC) front / 1-1/4 swing...14/37Gearing.....

Didnt want to give it back...Im spoiled....

Freakin little monster...

YZROOSTINYA
12-18-2002, 03:57 AM
13:1 is your answer there

my bike feels alot faster then my buds 11:1 stock bore all around web cam bike with same exhaust

mine hits so much harder up top. his just has good power but feels like it revs a little faster than stock
MINE PULLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Zuber187
02-15-2005, 04:29 PM
I recently installed a Ross 10.8.1 and the HRC copy from XRS Only and to say the least my bike does'nt feel much different. It has a little more punch all around but not what I was expecting. I thought the cam was suppose to hit hard on top but it doesnt pull any harder than when it was stock. I have a WB slip on, K&N filter Big Gun rev box, throttle cable adjusted and a 160 main. I am not trying rag on the cam but I dont think the copy cam is as good as the original. Just my 2 cents.

Norris3710
02-15-2005, 06:43 PM
I have pretty much the same set up as you excpt hot cam stg 2 sparks exhaust and fcr and i love my cam