PDA

View Full Version : burning all oil in one ride

buck440
12-19-2008, 11:41 AM
i went for a fun icy ride last night and before i went i checked my oil and it was all the way full and it just had an oil change, so i went ridding for bout an hour and some smoke was coming out of my exhaust but not out of the norm for me but when i went back i saw where the jug and the head meet on the left side of the motor there was some oil on 3 fins but only like three table spoons amount so i checked my oil and none was to be found what do you guys think it could be? before all of this during the summer i noticed in the same spot some hard black stuff came out so im left clueless but like i said it also smoked, could it be rings and a gasket? if so how much?

katch26
12-19-2008, 12:26 PM
is the oil black or white? seems like either way your head gasket is blown or the head is torqued unevenly if oil is passing through where the head mates to the jug.
A 3rd option is that your cylinder is warped causing it to not seat properly. Check the rings when you tear it down.....without lookin I would just be guessing. Also some times the valve seats crack but you wont know until you pull the head.

buck440
12-19-2008, 01:54 PM
yah the oil is black, before riding it looked new