PDA

View Full Version : Minor mods to warrior (exhaust and intake questions!?)

Evader53
12-18-2008, 08:24 PM
I've got a stock 2000 warrior and am looking at getting a new exhaust for it.... I am looking at something like a white brothers or FMF but really have no idea to be honest. I am also going to be most likely running the quad without the airbox lid.

Anyways, after getting a new exhaust, I understand that I would need to "rejet" the carbeaurator. Would I specifically need to buy one of those "jet kits" or would I be able to rejet the bike with my very own two hands? I've got a couple friends who are extremely handy with working on bikes that'd know what they are doing. But, would I need a jetkit or could I just move the clips and adjustment screws in the current carb to make it all work?

bryankbeane
12-21-2008, 07:16 AM
if u run it with the air box lid off u need a jet kit but my raptor 350 i put a fmf on it and dint need a jet kit but if u do any other mod ill need on but my carb is a little different than the warrior carb to so id say you will need one

keglassg
12-21-2008, 05:27 PM
you're gonna want to get online and just order a jet kit, its the simplist thing to do really, its worth the extra dollars. if you repipe it you're going to want to jet it anyway especially if you are modding the airbox. let it get some fuel. if it were me, i would just buy a bigger main jet and bump it up from a 145 main to a 150 or a 155 main, and then adjust the air screws to make it work, but a jet kit is probably your best option.