PDA

View Full Version : CPI Bullet 90

QuadCobbler
12-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Has any one heard of a CPI Bullet 90?

QuadCobbler
12-18-2008, 11:47 AM
The first pic was a stock photo. This is a photo of my sons after some mods.

marsrace2
12-18-2008, 03:18 PM
looks alot like an Eton or an Xtreme pro shark.

ww228king
12-18-2008, 03:21 PM
yeah an xtreme pro shark, but with a Honda type 4 stroke engine

QuadCobbler
12-18-2008, 04:14 PM
ww228king, were you selling the blue mongoose on e-bay?
The CPI motor is basicly a honda type clone engine, but it is a 3 speed with reverse. I think the frame looks kind of like a kasea frame but with the swing arm fliped over for the chain drive on the other side.

lem dad
12-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Looks nothing like a pro shark

ww228king
12-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by QuadCobbler
ww228king, were you selling the blue mongoose on e-bay?
The CPI motor is basicly a honda type clone engine, but it is a 3 speed with reverse. I think the frame looks kind of like a kasea frame but with the swing arm fliped over for the chain drive on the other side.

yep, that was us...

ww228king
12-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by lem dad
Looks nothing like a pro shark

it looks sorta like the first batch of the xtreme pro sharks... fenders are a little different...

QuadCobbler
12-19-2008, 05:15 AM
Ya, I can see it, the lights. My son's looks a little differant from when we first got it. I've cut the fenders, rear wheel spacers(home made, govermant job at work) , fliped front wheels, renthals, brass bar risers , CR bar clamps, and a few other odds an ends.

QuadCobbler
12-19-2008, 05:16 AM
from the back

QuadCobbler
12-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by ww228king
yep, that was us...

So what happend to the mongoose? did you end up and sell it or part it out? I seen it in the for sale section, that was a nice looking quad.

ww228king
12-19-2008, 05:32 AM
it does look like the swing are is flipped, shock mount on the other side of the swingarm, the shock mount on the frame is to the right and not to the left, even the grab bar look like it was made backwards, the flag pole mount is on the right side and not the left, the light looks like a DRR tail light, the rear tires look like the stock China made quad issued tires,

do you know if it was made in China? The frontend looks like a normal Taiwan frontend... and the frame from what i can see looks like a Taiwan made frame, but the engine and the other things listed above make it look like it maybe from China...It might be from Chaiwan..lol Just kidding...

If that is a Honda replica, you can prolly drop in a mean 4 stroke engine, get the normal aftermarket Taiwan front end and add some nice aftermarket shocks and have some fun at the tracks

ww228king
12-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by QuadCobbler
So what happend to the mongoose? did you end up and sell it or part it out? I seen it in the for sale section, that was a nice looking quad.

sold it locally, and we will still see it at the tracks... His son will be ridding it next week... That quad had some R&D into it for sure.... if had KYMCO, Kasea, and Polaris parts on it and some home made stuff too... the life story of it is in the KYMCO section of this forum... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276779

QuadCobbler
12-19-2008, 06:10 AM
I think Chaiwan is correct. Before I bought it I reserched CPI and found they are a tiwan based company but have factory in other location including china. From looking at differnet frames and a-arms on this site it looks like I should be able to get some after market parts for it. It looks like a lot of the these youth quads use the same frame, just diferant plastics, a-arm setup, clevis or king pin, swinger, and motor. I though about doing motor work when he gets a little older but he is only 5 yrs old. So far we just trail ride, But we have been talking about him racing in the spring.

ww228king
12-19-2008, 06:58 AM
take out the limiters and get some good shocks will be the first thing... and that is if you guys are going to be doing Outlaw (run what you brung) racing... I dont think that quad is legal for the other type series, but still check with your locals..... or you can start to save some squirl money and get a race proven quad that you know will be straight... but the kid will have fun either way..

we were forced to run outlaw racing here in NC, because of the new law that 8years or above on ATVs and the AMA/ATVA took the smaller classes out of the series, but Josh still has the same fun reguardless and still gets to have some seat time with outlaw... ... We could race D13 around VA, but that is some driving and gas was high.... so we stay with outlaw "Carolina Extreme MX" and "Southern MX" until he is 8 years old... he will be 7 in April so maybe next year he will move up...

QuadCobbler
12-19-2008, 07:30 AM
I listed below the CRA rules for 2008; hopfully they dont change much for 2009. It looks like he can run harescrambles ( they are prety popular in ohio) with his quad but I am unsure about an MX race. His bike says 86cc on the jug. It looks like it is between sizes but I dont know. I will have to call and ask. What I thought about doing was haveing him try it out and if he likes racing then get him a 70. I got the 90 pretty cheap for a starter bike. That is funny your sons name is Josh, my sons name is Josh too.

Quad Motocross Classes
Mini Quads
50cc Mini Quad: includes the TRX70 6 yrs. and under
Junior Mini:
0-76cc 9 yrs. & under
stock frame and case
0-79cc 9 yrs. & under
stock frame & case including 4 stroke
Senior Mini:
2 stroke 80-95cc 15 yrs & under
4 stroke 90-110cc
stock frame & case

Quad Harescramble Classes
Jr. Mini:
0-90cc 9 & under
Sr. Mini:
0-90cc 15 & under
Regular:
4-Stroke Quad
Open Quad - 200cc engine & up
Senior I, 25-34 yrs. old (200cc & up)
Senior II, 35 yrs. and over (200cc & up)
* Woodsman (Trail Rider)
**Stock Utility
Money Quad - 200cc and up 18 yrs. & older
*See Woodsman Definition - Above.
*No Mini of any size.
**As it came from the factory. Proper race attire required.

ww228king
12-19-2008, 07:33 AM
cool:macho

ww228king
12-19-2008, 07:42 AM
does look like a Taiwan Company and even has a USA office... hummm... and it is a 4 stroke... go me thinking now...

ww228king
12-19-2008, 07:44 AM
http://www.cpi-usa.com/products/products.php?model=atv

QuadCobbler
12-19-2008, 08:08 AM
It's been a really good bike. the only problem I had was the bike sat in a crate with gas in the carb and I had to clean out the jets. Other than that it has been prtty good. had to modifiy the brake levers for to reach too. 19" front tires and 18" rears. just need to get some 10" front rims with 4 on 110 bolt patern for some hole shoots. rears are 8" rims 4 0n 110.

ww228king
12-19-2008, 08:19 AM
there is some on ebay... they might be what you are lookiing for...

QuadCobbler
12-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Looks like the bikes on their site are all 2-smokers? What's up with that, they where... 4-strokes. Now I would say they more resembly a kasea or a polaris. Kick start on the side, probly has the same motor, and chain on the other side

QuadCobbler
01-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Does any one else have CPI Bullet???

QuadCobbler
04-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Custom +3 a-arms
Black wheels (repainted with polyurathan)
Renthal bars
Fox bar pad
CR bar clamps
1.25" Risers
Hand gards
Rear wheel spacers
38" wide front
37" wide rear

QuadCobbler
04-18-2009, 12:11 AM
another

QuadCobbler
04-18-2009, 12:12 AM
and another

QuadCobbler
04-18-2009, 12:14 AM
last one

irnman1827
04-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Hello,

I have two of these quads, one for each of my boys. I wouldn't mind getting a little more power out of the quad for my oldest son. Are there any air filter or exhaust mods that will fit these?

Some of the problems I've had with these are:

Gas caps broke on both, got one replacement that was like the original and it broke too. I ended up getting a couple that were made for Chinese four wheelers, they are working OK.

A front shock just broke on my youngest son's quad and it has had very light use. I've just started looking for a replacement, any suggestions?

They were crated when I bought them and had been for an extended period of time and I think that may have affected the bead on some of the tires. We have to fill them with air before every ride - even it is just the next day.

The front wheels have a "toe in" and in my opinion much more than they should. I think the quads would be more stable if the front wheels were vertical or had a slight "toe out". Anyone changed the angle of the front tires on theirs?

Thanks.

04-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Can you measure the front shocks eye to eye and tell me I may have a set for your little one im always willing to help let me know. Thanks Toby

irnman1827
04-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the reply. I found a shock on ebay that looks like the same dimensions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330281425800&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

Probably not great quality, but neither was the one that broke.

QuadCobbler
05-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by irnman1827
Thanks for the reply. I found a shock on ebay that looks like the same dimensions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330281425800&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

Probably not great quality, but neither was the one that broke.

I would look into honda trx90 shocks. They are alot softer but I am not 100% sure on the length. And when you say the tires are towed do you mean the tops of the tires are leaning in? or do you mean the fronts of the tires are pointing in? if it is the second, then you can adjust the tie rods to correct the problem. As far as more power, I think a honda trx90 pipe will fit with some mods, I am going to put one on my sons this weekend, and the other thing I would say is look for a larger rear sproket. One other thing my sons tires did the same thing, going flat. I broke them down cleaned the beads and greased the beads before I put the tires back on. They have held air for about three weeks now.