PDA

View Full Version : clutch install 50cc

skyeryder
12-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Gonna install a spring and rollers first time doing a CVT any quick hints or tips. Also are there any torque numbers I need any help is appreciated thanks

hotquads1
12-18-2008, 10:56 AM
put a drop of loctite on your large clutch nut and crank nut , you must limit the torque on these are they will damage the threads , so don't over do it let the loctite do the work. Other that just put everthing back the same as you removed it. good luck and feel free to ask any questions you might encounter. for more info www.miniquadsracing.com
marc

riding4fun
12-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by hotquads1
, so don't over do it let the loctite do the work.

How true this is. They will strip easily.

rmuscle
12-18-2008, 06:23 PM
when putting the front clutch back on make sure the washer u put on before the nut goes with the concave part against the variator faceplate or it will spin loose. did this the firs time day befor sons first race and thought i stripped the threads on the crank. but thank god for this site some people helped me out and realized i had it backwards

skyeryder
12-18-2008, 06:42 PM
thanks for the help, done many a 450r, 400ex, or even 250r, so this is gonna be a learning year with the 50. A very good source on this site had me start with a Red malossi and 4gram weights, after this mod do i start all over with sprockets or are the stock ones pretty close... I know each track will probably be different...I guess what I need to know will they be close for all around..

rmuscle
12-18-2008, 06:55 PM
4 g rollers sounds a little heavy for 50.and red sounds a bit stiff , i run yellow with 3.25 to 3.5 with good succsess so far , but this is just my opinon and i am by far no expert. i think if u checked how far your belt trave is with ur set up u might not be getting full travel , but once again i am no expert

riding4fun
12-18-2008, 07:38 PM
rmuscle, you beat me to it. Same here.
Don't think that combo will work. Like mentioned above 3..25 to 3.50 with a 1000 big spring should do the trick or at least be close.

Darrell

skyeryder
12-18-2008, 07:55 PM
thanks guys, I'll do some more research and lots of trial and error.
Anyone want to sell their 50cc rollers and springs??

rmuscle
12-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Contact gary from g force he ll take care of what u need

bulldogfallon
12-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Marc from Hot Quads is a good source too :)

MXfun
12-19-2008, 05:49 AM
We are using the 4g with yellow spring. Tried the 3.5g first, but 4g seemed to work better so far.

Seemed like the 3.5g were not generating enough force to push the variator.

hotquads1
12-19-2008, 07:36 AM
the 4.0 with red malossi should be right on the money if the rest of the bike is dialed in. your stock sprokets will be a good all around start also 19-32 I assume, some depends on heighth of rear tire . Port work to cylinder may vary roller weight needs a bit and make sure you get the carb jetted well , pilot and needle are very important on this engine. These 50cc are strange animals and no two are alike, so dont be suprised if your runs differently than the next guys with same set-up , they have to be dialed every time, I have fooled with more of these 50's than I care to mention, and there is not a combo that works on everyone (I wish there was), Gary and I have had this discussion a hundred times and I am too embarressed to say how much R&D and time and parts we have invested in the quest for the perfect combo. If you ask 10 people you will probably get 10 different answers, but most have ported cylinders which changes the equation. For more info www.miniquadsracing.com
marc

DAVYS DAD
12-19-2008, 07:48 AM
RB AND I RAN 3.0 AND YELLOW SPRING ALL YEAR THIS SET UP ROCKS ON THE LITTLE TRACK [WE PULLED BOTH HOLESHOTS AT RED BUD NATIONALS] IM SURE ALL SETUPS ON HERE WILL WORK GOOD JUST WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU. HOPE THIS HELPS

LATER

skyeryder
12-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks guys for the ideas, like you all said it went together pretty easy, well after a couple calls to Marc(thanks), I think the hardest thing was getting the cover to line back up... The bad thing is the ground thawed out and it's a muddy mess so we didn't get to try it, we did launch it a few times on the concrete it seemed to pull down low alot harder. Now I guess I need to pull the cover back off and check to make sure I'm getting full travel??? I made a couple marks with a marker so we'll see... Just curious what's the stock weights and spring?

hotquads1
12-19-2008, 08:28 PM
STOCK IS 3.5 ROLLERS

12-19-2008, 08:39 PM
If you ever need help setting up your cluch let me know as i only live 40 - 45 minutes away. I can get it set up in the way you want it. Thanks Toby

skyeryder
12-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
If you ever need help setting up your cluch let me know as i only live 40 - 45 minutes away. I can get it set up in the way you want it. Thanks Toby
Thanks we'll keep that in mind, if you run across anymore flat track tires like the ones you just got let me know, we need some for these in state races, what did you say the web site(Indiana flat track) was, the old one I have won't work....

12-19-2008, 09:08 PM
check your pms