PDA

View Full Version : Best Deal on a helmet

snacob14
12-17-2008, 09:49 PM
I've been looking around for a while now, hoping to hit some holiday deals. I ordered a VEMAR VRX4 in a size large, cause thats what extremesupplies website said was my size. then I get the lid and the size chart is different. Its definitely too tight. Which sucks because the helmet is freakin awesome. It is the lightest helmet I've ever held or worn.

Well anyway, i'm looking at spending around 100-140 on a helmet. With all the last years models out there it seems there are quite a few options.
http://www.btosports.com/p/THORHELMETS

This looks like what I'm thinking of buying right now. Anyone else have any other deals they have found online that I haven't seen. I've looked at RockyM MC, motosport, locomx...

KXRida
12-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Get a good quality helmet though. This is one area where you don't want to cheap out, but with the closeouts you should be able to find a pretty good quality helmet for around the $140 range. Have you tried your local dealer at all? PU had a closeout on all their thor stuff (naturally it's all sold out by now) but the deals were nuts. Thor carbon forces for $175 and reg. forces for $90. The online closeouts are pretty good, but if your dealer can get a hold of closeouts it's even better.

I personally like the sixsixone helmets. My thor force I'm running now is alright, but I like the sixsixone more.

snacob14
12-18-2008, 06:55 AM
yeah, bto has the force carbons for 169

snacob14
12-18-2008, 11:30 AM
got the force carbon for 139 at bto

KXRida
12-18-2008, 11:44 AM
can't beat that deal. Nice helmet at a smokin price.